Upcoming Animal Law Project Events!! Free Vegan Food!!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2009
      From: Penn Law Animal Law Project <pennlawalp@...>
      Sent: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 7:10 pm
      Subject: Upcoming Animal Law Project Events!! Free Vegan Food!!!

      Hey all,
      I just wanted to update you all on our three fantastic ALP events coming up. Please note that now we are now offering a free vegan lunch from Whole Foods for the March 21st event and a free vegan Chinese food dinner from Singapore for the April 1st event. Please let us know if you can attend! We would appreciate it if you could publicize these events to others that you think may be interested. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!!!

      **PLEASE DISSEMINATE WIDELY**

      RSVPs appreciated: animallawproject@...

      1. Legal Education Event
      Saturday, March 21, 2009, 12-5 PM, Room Gittis 213
      University of Pennsylvania Law School
      (Entrance on Sansom St. between 34th & 36th streets)

      Penn Law students will provide informational handouts and give presentations on contemporary topics in animal law. The presentation topics will include the insufficiency of animal experimentation regulations, cockfighting, forming and sustaining animal non-profit organizations, the cloning of animals for food, cattle ranching, and the anti-egg industry campaigns (including the cage-free debate). Free vegan lunch from Whole Foods will be provided. This event is open to the public.

      2. Factory Farming Impacts Panel
      Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 6:30-8:30 PM, Room Silverman 240A
      University of Pennsylvania Law School
      (Entrance on Sansom St. between 34th & 36th streets)

      This panel discusses the negative effects factory farming has on animals, the environment, and human rights. It explores the interconnections between the three areas of concern and explains how to work against factory farming from different angles, as well as the obstacles to doing so. There will be time for questions and audience participation is encouraged. Free vegan chinese food reception to follow. This event is open to the public.

      3. Dr. John Pippin Lecture on Issues in Animal Experimentation
      Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 4:30-6:30 PM, Room Silverman 240A
      University of Pennsylvania Law School
      (Entrance on Sansom St. between 34th & 36th streets)

      Dr. Pippin is senior medical and research adviser for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine ("PCRM"), a charitable organization of physicians, scientists, educators, and laypersons that promotes preventive medicine, conducts clinical research, and addresses controversies in modern medicine. Dr. Pippin leads PCRM's campaigns to replace the use of animals in medical research, education, drug research, and testing, and has testified on the topic before the FDA, the Institute of Medicine, and Britain's House of Commons. Dr. Pippin is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular diseases, and nuclear cardiology. He has been on several medical school faculties, including Harvard Medical School and the Medical College of Virginia, where he was chosen Cardiology Professor of the Year three times. This event is open to the public.

      Best Regards,
      Rachel, Emily & Alexis
      Co-Chairs, Animal Law Project
      University of Pennsylvania Law School