NJ Farm Animal Save to hold vigil at Catelli Bros. slaughterhouse

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2014
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Lorelle Shea <lorelleshea@...>
      Date: Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 2:01 PM
      Subject: NJ Farm Animal Save to hold vigil at Catelli Bros. slaughterhouse
      To: "thevssj@..." <thevssj@...>

      On Saturday, March 29, NJ Farm Animal Save will host their first ever slaughterhouse vigil in New Jersey at Catelli Bros., located at 776 Broad St., Shrewsbury. The event will take place from 12:00 pm– 2:00 pm directly outside the facility. The slaughterhouse was shuttered by the government in January of 2014, after a shocking video exposed the facilities’ cruel and inhumane treatment of calves. As of early February, the facility was reopened pending promises of the Catelli company to reform their practices.

      NJ Farm Animal Save believes that members of our community need to be kept aware of the ongoing plight of animals subjected to cruelty right here in our own backyard. The mission of the vigil is simple, “We are there to notice. We are there to record. We are there to show solidarity.” This event will be comprised of and represent members of the local community.

      This is the first event ever hosted by NJ Farm Animal Save, empowering locals to assert their rights as observers and objectors to the inhumane treatment of animals. To make this event a success, NJ Farm Animal Save needs your help. At present, we are contacting members of local press organizations to establish press coverage for this event. The goal is to bring increased awareness, and we hope to draw a large crowd to show solidarity among supporters of animal welfare in our community.

      Here’s where we need your help. To help make this event a success, please help us create awareness of this event via social media and word of mouth. Post this information on your group’s page, and direct people to njfarmanimalsave.com and the NJ Farm Animal Save Facebook group for more information.

      Questions? Concerns? Bright ideas?
      Respond directly to this message, or contact event coordinator Amy Zeidman Horowitz at azh111@.... Thank you for your commitment to healthy living and animal welfare in our community. We are looking forward to this event, and we hope you are too!