Upcoming Events

    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 8, 2013
      SAVE THE ANIMAL'S (STAF) ANNUAL BUCKET AUCTION
      Thursday March 14, Doors Open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm
      Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ,
      in the 9-10 Cafeteria.
      VSSJ needs volunteers to bake, or staff our table at the Vegan Bake Sale at this wonderful event. Please contact carol@... if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.
      Admission is $10, payable at the door and includes a sheet of 24 "Great Prize" tickets. Additional tickets will be available inside. We'll have LOTS of terrific prizes for you to bid on - gift certificates, collectibles and items for men, women, kids and pets. Refreshments will be available for a nominal charge. All of the prizes are donated and all of the proceeds will directly benefit local animals. For more information, email Maureen at mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847.

      VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER
      Saturday March 16, 6:30pm
      Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
      Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

      VEGAN FINE DINING
      Spring Celebration Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society
      Tuesday, April 2, 6:30pm
      Carême's, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College (on Rt. 322), 5100 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu
      (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.) Under the direction of their Chef Educator, Culinary Arts students will prepare and serve. Details TBD - see http://americanvegan.org

      VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK*
      Sunday April 21, 2pm
      Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)
      16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057
      Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

      VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN (TENTATIVE)
      Saturday May 4, 5pm
      1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com
      Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine. RSVP by 5/2 to VSSJ: veg@... or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

      VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER
      Saturday May 18, 6:30pm
      Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
      Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

      ANNUAL VEGAN GARDEN PARTY (AVS) - hosted by American Vegan Society
      Sunday May 26, Noon: Outdoor Lunch; Program: 2pm
      AVS Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328
      Emcee: Anne Dinshah, lifelong vegan, author, and rowing coach
      Jenny Brown: co-founder and director of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary in Woodstock, NY, WoodstockSanctuary.org
      Michael A. Weber: executive director of Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), farmusa.org.
      AVS Books Room Sale 11am-6pm: Books, DVDs, Videos, and Posters.
      Register by May 22. Donation: Supporter $50, Adult $25, Student/Low income $10, Child $5. More information at http://americanvegan.org AVS, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga, NJ 08328, 856-694-2887.

      CJVG ANNUAL POTLUCK PICNIC
      Saturday June 22, 2pm
      Duke Island Park (Jaycee Grove Lot C), Old York Rd, Bridgewater, NJ
      For each person in your party, bring a dish that serves at least 6 people, with an ingredient list and your place setting (plate, fork, cup, etc.). Vegan is preferred. CJVG provides beverages, burgers and franks. Bring lawn chairs and outdoor games. Rain date 7/20.
      RSVP to CJVG by June 21: 908-281-6388 or info@....

      *VSSJ POTLUCK GUIDELINES:
      Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling. Beverages are provided.
      * Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
      ** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.
      Please check your e-mail on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo e-mail list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.
      Contact Myrna at 1-877-WWW-VSSJ (877-999-8775) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.
    • Vegetarian-Society-of-South-Jersey-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 19

        VSSJ POT LUCK* DINNER

        Saturday January 23, 6:30pm

        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

        Join VSSJ for our first big potluck of the year!

        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

        VSSJ members: $3 ($8 family); Non-members: $6 ($15 family) (to cover hall rental).

        Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

        Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

        Monday January 25, 7pm

        Please note new location for 2016!

        Woodbury Public Library

        33 Delaware St, Woodbury, NJ 08096, 856-845-2611  http://woodburylibrary.org/

        Subject: Delicious, Guilt-Free Alternatives to Traditional Desserts: The Basics of Vegan Baking

        Presenter: Sherimane Johnson, Owner of NaturallySweets Desserts

        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

        Vegetarian starter kits will be provided!

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ VALENTINE'S DAY POTLUCK* DINNER

        Saturday February 13, 6:30pm

        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

        Join VSSJ in celebrating Valentine's Day, and sample vegan chocolate!

        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines.

        VSSJ members: $3 ($8 family); Non-members: $6 ($15 family) (to cover hall rental).

        Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

        Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        Vegan Dinner - hosted by the American Vegan Society

        Monday February 15 & Tuesday February 16, 6:30pm

        The American Vegan Society (AVS) will host this dinner at Carême’s, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pike (Rt. 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.)

        American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328, Phone: 856-694-2887, Fax 856-694-2288, http://americanvegan.org

        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

        Monday February 22, 7pm

        Woodbury Public Library

        33 Delaware St, Woodbury, NJ 08096, 856-845-2611 http://woodburylibrary.org/

        Subject: Suburban Farming for a CSA

        Presenter: Julie Pierre, Suburban Farmer at Our Yards Farm

        Summary: Our Yards Farm is a suburban farm and CSA; the first of its kind! Based out of Audubon, NJ, it is one of the first CSAs in Camden County. Come out and find out what a CSA farm is and how farming in the suburbs works. Everyday the US loses over 3000 acres of farmland due to development, yet our population is growing exponentially.  In the last 20 years alone, the US has lost over 8% of its farmland to suburban sprawl. So how can we sustainably provide healthy, affordable, local food to our country when our farmland is disappearing? Our Yards Farm believes part of the solution is through suburban farming.

        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

        Vegetarian starter kits will be provided!

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

        For all VSSJ potlucks

        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list

        of ingredients. To ensure there is enough food for everyone, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat. VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling (and save you money), VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (extra place settings will be available). For safety reasons, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

        Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.