MEMBERS NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK

  • sfenster
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 30, 2012
      Members,

      If you are planning on attending the member's New Year's Eve Potluck, please call Janet at 856-596-3269 as she may not be able to check her email before the potluck.

      Thanks, and hope to see you there!

      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 8 10:47 AM
        SAVE THE ANIMAL'S (STAF) ANNUAL BUCKET AUCTION
        Thursday March 14, Doors Open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm
        Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ,
        in the 9-10 Cafeteria.
        VSSJ needs volunteers to bake, or staff our table at the Vegan Bake Sale at this wonderful event. Please contact carol@... if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.
        Admission is $10, payable at the door and includes a sheet of 24 "Great Prize" tickets. Additional tickets will be available inside. We'll have LOTS of terrific prizes for you to bid on - gift certificates, collectibles and items for men, women, kids and pets. Refreshments will be available for a nominal charge. All of the prizes are donated and all of the proceeds will directly benefit local animals. For more information, email Maureen at mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847.

        VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER
        Saturday March 16, 6:30pm
        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
        Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

        VEGAN FINE DINING
        Spring Celebration Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society
        Tuesday, April 2, 6:30pm
        Carême's, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College (on Rt. 322), 5100 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu
        (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.) Under the direction of their Chef Educator, Culinary Arts students will prepare and serve. Details TBD - see http://americanvegan.org

        VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK*
        Sunday April 21, 2pm
        Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)
        16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057
        Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

        VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN (TENTATIVE)
        Saturday May 4, 5pm
        1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com
        Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine. RSVP by 5/2 to VSSJ: veg@... or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

        VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER
        Saturday May 18, 6:30pm
        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
        Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

        ANNUAL VEGAN GARDEN PARTY (AVS) - hosted by American Vegan Society
        Sunday May 26, Noon: Outdoor Lunch; Program: 2pm
        AVS Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328
        Emcee: Anne Dinshah, lifelong vegan, author, and rowing coach
        Jenny Brown: co-founder and director of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary in Woodstock, NY, WoodstockSanctuary.org
        Michael A. Weber: executive director of Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), farmusa.org.
        AVS Books Room Sale 11am-6pm: Books, DVDs, Videos, and Posters.
        Register by May 22. Donation: Supporter $50, Adult $25, Student/Low income $10, Child $5. More information at http://americanvegan.org AVS, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga, NJ 08328, 856-694-2887.

        CJVG ANNUAL POTLUCK PICNIC
        Saturday June 22, 2pm
        Duke Island Park (Jaycee Grove Lot C), Old York Rd, Bridgewater, NJ
        For each person in your party, bring a dish that serves at least 6 people, with an ingredient list and your place setting (plate, fork, cup, etc.). Vegan is preferred. CJVG provides beverages, burgers and franks. Bring lawn chairs and outdoor games. Rain date 7/20.
        RSVP to CJVG by June 21: 908-281-6388 or info@....

        *VSSJ POTLUCK GUIDELINES:
        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling. Beverages are provided.
        * Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
        ** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.
        Please check your e-mail on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo e-mail list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.
        Contact Myrna at 1-877-WWW-VSSJ (877-999-8775) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.
      • carolyngithens
        VSSJ LUNCH at GREEN MEDLEY Saturday January 11, 2pm,
1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057.
Join VSSJ for a trip to this new vegetarian (mostly
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 8, 2014

          VSSJ LUNCH at GREEN MEDLEY

          Saturday January 11, 2pm,
1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057.
Join VSSJ for a trip to this new vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant.
 See below for VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines.
Please RSVP to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341) by Friday, January 10.

          VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER

          Saturday January 18, 7pm

          Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)
, 16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057
. See below for potluck guidelines
. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

          In celebration of her 30th year being vegetarian, Dr Janet Erickson President of VSSJ, will be presenting an interesting talk on "Tired of Being Sick and Tired?" She will discuss how you can dramatically improve your health.

          **VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.
 To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

          VSSJ HEARTY SOUP COOKING CLASS

          Saturday February 8, 3pm,
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053.

          In celebration of her 30th year as a Vegetarian, Dr. Janet Erickson President of VSSJ, will be facilitating this class. Learn about and participate in cooking a variety of delicious soups that are packed with nutrition and loaded with vegetables for a heart-healthy meal! They are completely meat-free without dairy or eggs (vegan). Enjoy plenty of sampling, then pick your favorite to eat for dinner!!
 Price: VSSJ members: $20; Non-members: $25.
Register by January 8 and get 10% off!
 Pre-payment is required. Register online by February 1, or send a check to:
 VSSJ, PO Box 51, Mt Laurel NJ, 08054.

          Checks must be received by February 1.
 Space is limited, so register now to reserve a spot.

          After February 1, call to see if space is available. Late registration price: members $22, non-members $27.50.
 To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please call Janet at 856-596-3269, or send email to thevssj@....

          For all VSSJ potlucks: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Beverages are provided.
* Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

          Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

          For all VSSJ restaurant trips: Reservations must be placed with VSSJ, at least 24 hours before the event. Out of fairness to the restaurant, cancellations are requested at least 24 hours in advance. Please plan to pay in cash. When we dine at non-vegetarian restaurants, only vegetarian dishes may be ordered.

          Message 4 of 30 , Feb 3, 2014

            MEMBER POTLUCK* and GAME NIGHT

            Saturday February 22, 4pm (Snowdate: Sunday February 23, 4pm) Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough, NJ 08068

            We'll have a bunch of games, but feel free to bring one you'd like to play. VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck. The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12 not be included in this event. Space is limited, so please RSVP by 2/20 to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341). After the 20th, call 609-848-VEG1 (8341) to see if space is available.

            VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER and VEGAN BAKE SALE

            Saturday March 15, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

            Vegan bake sale to benefit Animal Friends Furever, http://aff.petfinder.com. Contributions for the bake sale are welcome! Please bring a non-dessert contribution for the potluck. VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup, and to bake. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

            STAF's ANNUAL BUCKET AUCTION

            Thursday March 20, Doors Open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm

            Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd,
            Sewell NJ, in the 9-10 Cafeteria.

            Admission is $10, payable at the door and includes a sheet of 24 "Great Prize" tickets. Additional tickets will be available inside. We'll have LOTS of terrific prizes for you to bid on - gift certificates, collectibles and items for men, women, kids and pets. Refreshments will be available for a nominal charge. All of the prizes are donated and all of the proceeds will directly benefit local animals. For more information, email Maureen at mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847. VSSJ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS to bake for the Vegan Bake Sale at this wonderful event. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.

            For all VSSJ potlucks: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12 years old) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes are preferred so all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food) along with the recipe or a list of ingredients.

            Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, or hummus with veggies or crudites. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 13, 2014

              MEMBER POTLUCK* & GAME NIGHT, Sat Feb 22, 4pm (Snowdate: Sun Feb 23, 4pm), Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough NJ 08068. VSSJ members only; no fee for this potluck. The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12 not be included in this event. Space is limited, so RSVP by Feb 20: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341). After the 20th, call to see if space is available.

              VSSJ /VEGETARIAN NEIGHBORS POTLUCK* DINNER, Sun March 2, 4-6pm, This potluck is at Linda Shimmel’s home, Vineland NJ. RSVP/info: Gayle at 413-522-8258 or gemd4100@....

              VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER & VEGAN BAKE SALE, Sat March 15, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053. Vegan bake sale benefits Animal Friends Furever (http://aff.petfinder.com). Contributions for bake sale welcome! Please bring a non-dessert contribution for potluck. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees park in front of building; enter at steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup, cleanup, & baking. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

              SAVE THE ANIMALS FOUNDATION’S (STAF) BUCKET AUCTION, Thurs March 20,

              Doors open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm, Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ in 9-10 Cafeteria. Admission $10. LOTS of terrific prizes, vegetarian/vegan refreshments. ALL proceeds benefit local animals. For more info: mkoplow@... or 856-853-1847. VSSJ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS to bake for Vegan Bake Sale at this event: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

              VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES, Wed April 2, 7pm, Woodbury Public Library, 33 Delaware St, Woodbury, NJ 08096, 856-845-2611. “Spring Into Health - Easy Ways to Increase Your Energy with Diet, Activity, and Lifestyle Changes” by Jim Ronga, DC. Healthy snacks & vegetarian starter kits! To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

              VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK*, Sun April 13, 2pm, Moorestown Community House, 16 East Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057. Raffle and/or 50/50. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup, cleanup, and baking. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

              FULL MOON BANQUET DINNER, Mon April 14 & Tues April 15, 6:30pm, Careme’s at the Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pk (Rt 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330 (in Bldg M). RSVP/Info: American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887, www.americanvegan.org.

              VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES, Thurs April 24, 7pm, Cherry Hill Public Library, Conference Ctr, 1100 Kings Highway North, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034, 856-667-0300. Dr. Janet Erickson, President of VSSJ, celebrates her 30th year being vegetarian with her talk “Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet 101”. Vegetarian starter kits & food samples will be available. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

              VSSJ TABLING at Cherry Hill Earth Festival, Sat. April 26, 10am-2pm (rain or shine), Croft Farm, 100 Bortons Mill Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, cleanup. Volunteer/Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

              VSSJ/CJVG DINNER* at KAYA'S KITCHEN, Date TBD (May), 1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com. Join VSSJ and Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for trip to an all-veg restaurant. RSVP by TBD to VSSJ: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341) or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

              VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER, Sat May 17, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members:  $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees park in front of building and enter at steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup & cleanup. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

              AMERICAN VEGAN GARDEN PARTY, Sun May 25, Noon: Lunch • 2-6pm: Program, 56 & 72 Dinshah Lane, Malaga NJ. Speakers: Fran Costigan and John Pierre, Live Music, and Book Room. RSVP by May 20 to American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887, www.americanvegan.org. Visit website for further details.

              VSSJ POTLUCK* PICNIC, Sun June 8, 1 pm (rain or shine in covered pavilion), Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060. Park has many miles of hiking trails plus historic buildings. VSSJ members: FREE; Non-members: $2, $5 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee) To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

              *VSSJ GUIDELINES

              For all VSSJ EVENTS: Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as “members-only”.

              Please check your email on day of event for possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please visit www.vssj.com and click on "Mailing List" link on left to add your name. Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 to RSVP, for additional info, directions, or to volunteer.

              *For all VSSJ POTLUCKS: Each individual in your party (with exception of children under 12) brings vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so all types of vegetarians may enjoy food), with recipe or list of ingredients. Please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.

              VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, & utensils if possible. Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental

              supervision at all times. Check in at door when you arrive.

              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 30 8:30 PM

                VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                Wednesday April 2, 7pm

                Woodbury Public Library

                33 Delaware St, Woodbury NJ 08096, 856-845-2611

                Subject:  "Spring Into Health - Easy Ways to Increase Your Energy with Diet, Activity, and Lifestyle Changes"

                Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend! Sample healthy snacks and browse VSSJ

                literature table! To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info,please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                VEGETARIAN NEIGHBORS VEGAN POTLUCK and GAME NIGHT

                Friday April 4, 6pm

                American Vegan Society (AVS) Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328.

                6pm vegan bookstore open; 7pm dinner; 8pm games (Scrabble, Triominos, and more); bookstore will also be open after dinner.

                Join us for a Vegan Potluck & Games with great food, conversations, and board games.

                Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                For more info, contact:  American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887

                Come and share fellowship with other vegetarians and vegans. Vegetarian Neighbors is part of the Vegetarian Society of South Jersey (VSSJ).

                CJVG Annual Spring Potluck Dinner

                Saturday April 5, 5pm

                Hillsborough Presbyterian Church (770 Route 206, Hillsborough).

                For each person in your party, bring a vegetarian potluck dish to serve at least 6 people.  Please bring an ingredient list and your own place setting (plate, fork,
                cup, etc.) so that we can reduce using disposables. Vegan is preferred to serve as many as possible. Bring something that you want to recycle for our raffle

                (must be in excellent condition).

                To help cover hall rental: $5 donation per person. RSVP to CJVG by April 4th: 908-281-6388

                VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK

                Sunday April 13, 2pm

                Moorestown Community House

                (thecommunityhouse.com)

                16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057.

                We will also have a 50/50.

                VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

                Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup, and to bake. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                Full Moon Banquet Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society

                Monday April 14 & Tuesday April 15, 6:30pm

                (You may choose to attend on Monday or Tuesday.)

                The American Vegan Society (AVS) will host this Full Moon Dinner at Carême’s, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pike (Rt. 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu

                (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.)

                Under the direction of their chef educator, culinary students will   prepare and serve a gourmet buffet.

                Dinner begins at 6:30 pm. Kitchens Tour: 5:45 pm.

                Come early to view Book Table!

                Dinner Music by Jug Paradise: Moongrass, American String Band.

                Adult: $32, Student/Low Income: $22, Supporter $50.

                Prices include a gratuity to assist students with their ACCC culinary education. AVS welcomes donations for its educational programs, including books for culinary students of the evening.  AVS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit; Donations are tax-deductible.

                Pay online (PayPal, Credit Card), by mail (check), phone or fax (credit card).

                American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328.

                Phone: 856-694-2887,

                Fax 856-694-2288 http://americanvegan.org

                Reservations are requested by April 7; thereafter phone for seating availability.

                VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                Thursday April 24, 7pm

                Cherry Hill Public Library, Conference Center, 1100 Kings Highway N, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034,

                856-667-0300, info@...

                Subject:  Benefits of a Plant-based Diet

                Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend! Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided! To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                VSSJ TABLING at the Cherry Hill Earth Festival

                Saturday April 26, 10am-2pm (rain or shine)

                Croft Farm – 100 Bortons Mill Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034.

                Celebrate Cherry Hill Township and Sustainable Cherry Hill’s commitment to educating and engaging residents, children, students and businesses about how sustainability affects our environment, health & wellness, economy and more. Free admission.

                www.sustainablecherryhill.org/get-involved/earth-day-festival

                VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                Date TBD

                1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719,

                kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                Please RSVP by TBD to VSSJ:  thevssj@... or

                609-848-VEG1 (8341),

                or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                For all VSSJ retaurant trips: Reservations must be placed with VSSJ, at least 24 hours before the event.  Out of fairness to the restaurant, cancellations are requested at least 24 hours in advance.  Please plan to pay in cash.  When we dine at non-vegetarian restaurants, only vegetarian dishes may be ordered.

                VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & RECIPE SWAP

                Saturday May 17, 6:30pm

                Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                Bring your favorite recipe!

                VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members:  $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

                Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

                VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us

                at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                American Vegan Society (AVS) Annual Vegan Garden Party

                Sunday May 25, Noon

                AVS Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328.

                Noon: Outdoor Lunch; Program:  2pm; AVS Books Room Sale 11am-6pm:  Books, DVDs, Videos, and Posters.

                Register by May 21.

                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 28, 2014

                    VSSJ COOKING CLASS

                    Saturday May 3, 3pm

                    Marlton NJ 08053

                    Back by popular demand, Dr. Janet Erickson, President of VSSJ, will be facilitating this class, "I created some great nutritionally-packed recipes that are both simple and delicious!" Everything is completely meat-free without dairy or eggs (vegan). Enjoy plenty of sampling!

                    Space is limited, so register now to reserve a spot. Pre-payment is required.

                    After April 28, call to see if space is available. For more info, please call Janet at 856-596-3269, or send email to thevssj@....

                    Price: VSSJ members: $20; Non-members: $25. Register online by May 2, or send a check to: VSSJ, PO Box 51, Mt Laurel NJ, 08054.  Checks must be received by May 1.

                    Once registered, you will receive details through email - please include your phone number when registering.

                    VEGETARIAN NEIGHBORS POTLUCK

                    Saturday May 10, 4pm

                    Hosted by John & Betsy Waterhouse,
                    31 Willow Lane, Pittsgrove, NJ 08318

                    See organic garden & greenhouses!

                    Vegetarian Neighbors is part of the Vegetarian Society of South Jersey (VSSJ).

                    Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                    An RSVP is requested for this event. For more info, contact Gayle at 413-522-8258.

                    VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & RECIPE SWAP

                    Saturday May 17, 6:30pm

                    Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                    Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.
                    Bring your favorite recipe!

                    VSSJ members: $2; $5 family; Non-members: $5; $12 family
                    (to cover hall rental)

                    Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at
                    the steeple.

                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                    To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    American Vegan Society (AVS) Annual Garden Party

                    Sunday May 25, Noon

                    More info at http://americanvegan.org

                    AVS, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga, NJ 08328, 856-694-2887

                    VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA’s KITCHEN

                    Sunday June 1, 2pm

                    1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                    Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                    Please RSVP by 5/29 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341), or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                    Please review the VSSJ restaurant guidelines below.

                    VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                    Thursday June 5, 6:30 pm

                    Margaret E. Heggan Public Library, 606 Delsea Dr, Sewell NJ 08080

                    Subject: Spring into a Healthy Summer - Plant-Based Diet, Seasonal Exercises, Healthy Hydration, “Cool” Lifestyle Recommendations

                    Presenter: Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                    This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

                    Sample healthy snacks and browse VSSJ literature table!

                    Advance phone or online registration is required.

                    Please call 856-589-3334 or go to Events at hegganlibrary.org.

                    To volunteer or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

                    Sunday June 8, 1 pm

                    Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

                    Join VSSJ for a potluck picnic at this Burlington County park that has several miles of nice hiking trails plus historic buildings. We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

                    Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                    VSSJ members: FREE; non-members: $2, $5 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

                    To RSVP or for more info, please email thevssj@... or
                    609-848-VEG1 (834
                    1).

                    FOR ALL VSSJ POTLUCKS:

                    Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients.  Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution.  To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings).  Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times.  Please make sure to check in at the door when you arrive.

                    Message 9 of 30 , May 31, 2014

                      FOR ALL VSSJ EVENTS:

                      Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as “members only”. Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on our website (on the left side) to add your name.  Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

                      VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                      Sunday June 1, 2pm

                      1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                      Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                      Please RSVP by 5/29 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341), or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                      *Please review restaurant guidelines below.

                      VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                      Thursday June 5, 6:30pm

                      Margaret E. Heggan Public Library

                      606 Delsea Dr, Sewell NJ 08080

                      Presenter: Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center in NJ, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                      Please call 856-589-3334 or go to Events at hegganlibrary.org

                      To volunteer or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                      VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

                      Sunday June 8, 1 pm

                      Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

                      Join VSSJ for a potluck picnic at this Burlington County park, which is woodsy and has several miles of nice hiking trails plus historic buildings.  We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

                      *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                      VSSJ members: FREE; non-members:  $2, $5 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

                      To RSVP or for more info, please email thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                      VSSJ TABLING - Burlington County Earth Fair

                      Sunday June 22, 10:30am-4pm

                      Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

                      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup.  Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                      VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

                      FRIDAY JUNE 27, 6:30PM, MARLTON, NJ. Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more. Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members. To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                      Message 10 of 30 , Jul 17, 2014

                        VSSJ LATE LUNCH at GREEN MEDLEY

                        Saturday July 19, 2pm
                        1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057
                        Join VSSJ for a trip to this vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant.
                        Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines.
                        Please RSVP to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) by Thursday, July 17.

                        VSSJ MEMBERS ONLY POTLUCK and GAME NIGHT

                        Saturday July 26, 4pm
                        Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough, NJ 08068
                        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines.
                        We'll have a bunch of games, but feel free to bring one you'd like to play.
                        VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck.
                        The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12 not be included in this event.
                        Space is limited, so please RSVP by 7/24 to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                        VSSJ BUSINESS MEETINGS

                        Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more. Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members. Next meeting: Friday August 1, 6:30pm, Cherry Hill, NJ. To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                        FARMER’S MARKET INFORMATIONAL TABLING

                        Fridays, 11am-3pm
                        Whole Foods Market, Rt 73, Marlton NJ 08053.
                        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED to help at VSSJ's information table.
                        Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 17, 2014

                          VSSJ MEMBERS ONLY POTLUCK

                          Saturday August 23, 4pm-8pm

                          Judi & Marc's house, Marlton, NJ 08053

                          Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                          VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck.

                          The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12

                          not be included in this event.

                          Please bring a place setting.

                          Space is limited, so please RSVP by 8/21 to thevssj@... or

                          609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                          VSSJ MEMBERS ONLY POTLUCK and GAME NIGHT

                          Saturday September 6, 4pm

                          Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough, NJ 08068

                          Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                          We'll have a bunch of games, but feel free to bring one you'd like to play.

                          VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck.

                          The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12

                          not be included in this event.

                          Space is limited, so please RSVP by 9/4 to thevssj@... or

                          609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                          VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

                          Saturday September 13, 1pm

                          Long Bridge Park, Pavilion 3, Deacon Rd & Mt Holly Bypass (Rt 541), Hainesport, NJ 08036

                          Join VSSJ for our annual potluck picnic at this Burlington County park,

                          which is woodsy and has several miles of nice hiking trails.  We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

                          Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                          Members:  $1; non-members:  $3, $8 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

                          Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                          To RSVP or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                          VSSJ DINNER at WILDFLOWER EARTHLY VEGAN FARE

                          Friday September 19, 7pm

                          501 N High St, Village on High, Millville, NJ 08332, http://wildflowervegan.com

                          Join VSSJ for a trip to this all-vegan restaurant in Millville's Glasstown Arts District on Millville's Third Friday - art exhibitions, live music, theatre, dining, and shopping.

                          Please RSVP by 9/17 to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                          VSSJ/CJVG EARLY DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                          (tentative) Saturday September 27, 4pm

                          1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                          Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual

                          fall trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegan restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                          Please RSVP (required) by 9/25 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or

                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 31, 2014

[...]

                            Wellness 2014
                            A Full Day Symposium to Promote Wellness & Prevent Disease

                            Sunday September 14
                            Fox EDU Center, 7 Carnegie Plaza, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
                            Featuring nationally acclaimed and recognized authorities sharing cutting-edge insight to keep you healthy, vital and vibrant.
                            Speakers: Suzanne Somers, Dr. Mark Hyman, T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Allan Magaziner, Dr. Scott Greenberg, and Dr. Michael Smith.
                            VSSJ will be tabling at this event.
                            View the event announcement. (MS Word)
                            See http://wellness2014.com for details and to register.

                            Message 13 of 30 , Sep 22, 2014

                              Vegetarian Support Group

                              Wednesday September 24, 6pm
                              ShopRite of Washington Twp., 382 Egg Harbor Rd, Sewell, NJ 08080.
                              Have you ever thought about going towards a vegetarian diet?  Come to learn about the benefits of eating less animal products, meet long time vegetarians and try delicious food. No animals harmed!
                              VSSJ will be participating in this event.
                              For more info: 856-405-5425 or Samantha.O'Toole@...

                              VSSJ/CJVG EARLY DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                              Saturday September 27, 4pm
                              1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com
                              Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual fall trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegan restaurant with eclectic cuisine.
                              Please RSVP (required) by 9/25 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or
                              609-848-VEG1 (8341), or to CJVG: 908-281-6388

                              VSSJ WORLD VEGETARIAN DAY DINNER at GREEN MEDLEY

                              Wednesday October 1, 6:30pm
                              1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057
                              Join VSSJ for a trip to this vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant to celebrate World Vegetarian Day.
                              Please review the VSSJ Restaurant Trip Guidelines below.
                              Please RSVP to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) by Monday, September 29.

                              VSSJ TABLING - Stratford Fall Festival

                              Saturday October 4, 10am-4pm
                              Stratford, NJ 08084
                              VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                              VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & VEGAN CHILI CONTEST

                              Saturday October 18, 6:30pm
                              Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
                              The chili contest is optional. If you would like to participate, please bring enough chili to feed 6 people, and your recipe or ingredient list.
                              Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.
                              VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).
                              Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!
                              Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.
                              VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.
                              To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                              Jersey Harvest Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society

                              Monday October 20 & Tuesday October 21, 6:30pm
                              Academy of Culinary Arts, Mays Landing NJ.
                              Choose either night to experience a meal of exceptional quality prepared and served by culinary students under the direction of their chef-educators. Dinner music TBA.
                              Reserve by October 11.
                              Phone 856 694-2887, or visit www.americanvegan.org for more info and to register.

                              For all VSSJ potlucks:

                              Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution.  To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!  Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 10, 2014

                                Upcoming Events

                                VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & VEGAN CHILI CONTEST

                                Saturday October 18, 6:30pm

                                Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                                The chili contest is optional. If you would like to participate, please bring enough chili to feed 6 people, and your recipe or ingredient list.

                                Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                Be green: $1 discount ($3 family discount) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

                                VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                VSSJ TABLING - Four Seasons Health Fair

                                Saturday October 18, 9am-noon

                                Columbus, NJ 08022

                                VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                Jersey Harvest Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society

                                Monday October 20 & Tuesday October 21, 6:30pm

                                Academy of Culinary Arts, Mays Landing NJ.

                                Choose either night to experience a meal of exceptional quality prepared and served by culinary students under the direction of their chef-educators. Dinner music TBA.

                                Reserve by October 11.

                                Phone 856 694-2887, or visit www.americanvegan.org for more info and to register.

                                VSSJ TABLING - Sustainable Cherry Hill Food Day

                                Thursday October 30, 6pm-9pm

                                The Unitarian Universalist Church, 401 N Kings Hwy, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

                                VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup.  Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                VSSJ WORLD VEGAN DAY - Event TBD

                                Saturday November 1 (tentative), time TBD

                                Venue TBD

                                Join VSSJ in celebrating World Vegan Day.

                                VSSJ ANNUAL THANKSGIVING POTLUCK & VEGAN BAKE SALE

                                Saturday November 22, 4pm

                                Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1308 Burlington-Mt Holly Rd (Rte 541), Burlington, NJ 08016

                                Music:  TBD

                                Vegan bake sale:  to benefit The Cow Sanctuary (http://thecowsanctuary.org), Bridgeton, NJ.  Contributions welcome!

                                Please bring a non-dessert dish to the potluck.

                                Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines.

                                VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup, cleanup, and to bake.

                                To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                GENTLE VEGAN THANKSGIVING COMMUNITY FEAST

                                Thursday November 27, noon

                                Co-sponsored by VSSJ

                                Milton & Betty Katz JCC

                                501 N Jerome Ave, Margate, NJ 08402, 609-822-1167, jccatlantic.org

                                Learn how being more compassionate to animals is a healthy choice for you and the planet.  Many people have chosen to celebrate a more gentle holiday as vegan events are growing across the country.  Vegans and non-vegans, everyone welcome!

                                Thanksgiving inspired dishes cruelty-free vegan cuisine (Dietary laws observed) Special guest appearances by regional vegan chefs, authors and advocates Raffle and silent auction(Funds raised for animal sanctuaries and shelters, and the Katz JCC scholarship program.)

                                Tickets on sale now at the JCC Box Office:

                                Before November 1, $30 Adults / $15 Children 12 and under After November 1, $35 Adults / $20 Children 12 and under $5 Discount for Seniors, Students, VSSJ & JCC MembersFor more information or to purchase tickets, contact Julie Fink at 609-822-1167, x159 or jfink@....  Reserve by November 20.

                                For all VSSJ potlucks:

                                Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat. VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Be green: $1 discount ($3 family discount) if you bring reusable place settings! Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 16, 2014

                                  VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & VEGAN CHILI CONTEST                           Saturday October 18, 6:30pm
                                  Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
                                  The chili contest is optional. If you would like to participate, please arrive by 6:15pm, and bring enough chili to feed at least 6 people, plus your recipe or ingredient list.
                                  **Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below
                                  VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).
                                  Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!
                                  Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.
                                  VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.
                                  To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                  VSSJ TABLING - Four Seasons Health Fair                                             Saturday October 18, 9am-noon
                                  Columbus, NJ 08022
                                  VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                  Jersey Harvest Dinner - Hosted by the American VeganSociety                                                                          Monday October 20, 6:30pm - call for seating availability, and Tuesday October 21, 6:30pm - SOLD OUT - call for waiting list.                           Academy of Culinary Arts, Mays Landing NJ.                                        Choose either night to experience a meal of exceptional quality prepared and served by culinary students under the direction of their chef-educators. Dinner music for both evenings: Dr Lou - Jazz, Seasonal, Big Band.  Phone 856 694-2887 for more info and to register.

                                  VSSJ TABLING - Sustainable Cherry Hill Food Day                            Thursday October 30, 6pm-9pm                                                                     The Unitarian Universalist Church, 401 N Kings Hwy, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                  Music,   Vegan bake sale: to benefit The Cow Sanctuary (http://thecowsanctuary.org), Bridgeton, NJ. Contributions welcome! Please bring a non-dessert dish to the potluck. Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelinesVSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental). Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup, cleanup, and to bake. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jan 1

                                    VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                                    Wednesday January 7, 7pm

                                    Mount Laurel Library

                                    100 Walt Whitman Avenue, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 | 856-234-7319 | mtlaurel.lib.nj.us

                                    Subject:  January:  Holiday Recovery Time

                                    Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                                    This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

                                    Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided!

                                    To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                    VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER and GIFT SWAP

                                    Saturday January 31, 7pm

                                    Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)

                                    16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057

                                    If you wish to participate in the gift swap, please bring an unwanted (and unwrapped) gift in new condition.  Recommended value:  $10-$30.

                                    Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                    VSSJ members:  $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                    Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                    To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                    VSSJ VALENTINE'S DAY "SOUPY SALES" POTLUCK DINNER

                                    Saturday February 14, 6:30pm

                                    Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                                    Vegan soup sale and vegan chocolate sampling to benefit

                                    Have-A-Heart Guinea Pig Rescue  (http://petfinder.com/shelters/NJ250.html).

                                    Soup contributions for the soup sale are welcome!  Please note that a soup contribution is in addition to your potluck contribution. Please bring a ladle; VSSJ will have extra containers for soup, and supply the chocolate.

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Jan 18

                                      VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER and GIFT SWAP

                                      Saturday January 31, 7pm

                                      Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)

                                      16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057

                                      If you wish to participate in the gift swap, please bring an unwanted (and unwrapped) gift in new condition. Recommended value: $10-$30.

                                      *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                      VSSJ members:  $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                      Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                      To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                      VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

                                      Friday February 6, 6:30pm

                                      Marlton

                                      Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more.  Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members. To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                                      VSSJ TABLING - Cherry Hill Mall

                                      (tentative) Saturday February 7, Time TBD

                                      2000 Rt 38, Cherry Hill NJ 08002

[...]

                                      Monday February 23, 6:30pm

                                      Collingswood Public Library

                                      771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108 | 856-858-0649 | http://collingswoodlib.org

                                      Subject: GMOs in our food supply

                                      Summary: Living a predominately plant-based lifestyle is a better choice for our planet, our body, and our conscience.  Yet, if we are not mindful of the kind of plants we consume and the degradation of our food supply through genetic engineering, our health and that of our environment will suffer the consequences. VSSJ joins with members of GMOFreeNJ in hosting a presentation on the dangers of GMOs in our food supply with a screening of Jeffrey Smith's seminal documentary on genetic engineering entitled "Genetic Roulette, The Gamble of Our Lives".

                                      Presenters:  Barbara Thomas and Keith Monahan of GMOFree New Jersey.

                                      This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

                                      Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided!

                                      To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                      VSSJ/Vegetarian Neighbors Vegan Cuisine Night

                                      Tuesday February 24 2015 at 6pm

                                      Eric's Restaurant, 98 S West Avenue (West & Chestnut) Vineland NJ 08360

                                      Adult: $34, Student/Low Income: $24, Supporter $50. Prices include gratuity.

                                      Reserve by February 17 at www.AmericanVegan.org or 856-694-2887.

                                      VSSJ DINNER* at JB MASTER GRILL

                                      Tuesday March 3, 6pm

                                      13 Jackson Rd, Medford NJ 08055, http://jbmastergrill.com

                                      Join VSSJ for a restaurant trip to this restaurant with a separate vegan menu, including a gluten-free option.

                                      *Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines.

                                      RSVP (required) by 3/1:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                      VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER

                                      Sunday March 15, 2pm

                                      Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)

                                      16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057

                                      Send in your suggestions on how to celebrate the Great American Meatout with VSSJ!

                                      *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                      VSSJ members:  $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                      Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                      To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                      Save the Animals Foundation (STAF) 13th Annual Bucket Auction

                                      Thursday March 19, Doors Open:  6:30pm, Drawings:  8pm

                                      Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ, in the 9-10 Cafeteria.

                                      Great prizes, including spay/neuter certificates from local veterinarians, tickets to concerts and theaters, passes to museums and gardens, dog and cat gift baskets, books, gift certificates from restaurants and stores, t-shirts, bowling and skating parties, and so much more.  There will also be a 50/50 contest and door prizes.  Admission $10, payable at the door includes a sheet of "Great" prize tickets.  Additional tickets may be purchased inside for $5 per sheet, as well as tickets for "Super" prizes at 2 for $1 and "Grand" prizes for $1 each.  All items are donated and all proceeds will directly benefit local animals.  For more information, contact mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847.

                                      VSSJ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS to bake for the Vegan Bake Sale and help with our literature table at this wonderful event.  Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) if you can help.  Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.

                                      For all VSSJ events:

                                      Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as members only.  Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.  Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Jan 28

                                        VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER and GIFT SWAP

                                        Saturday January 31, 7pm

                                        Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)

                                        16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057

                                        If you wish to participate in the gift swap, please bring an unwrapped gift in new condition. Recommended value: $10-$30.

                                        *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                        VSSJ members:  $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                        Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                        VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

                                        Friday February 6, 6:30pm

                                        Whole Foods Market, 1558 N Kings Hwy, Cherry Hill NJ 08034

                                        To RSVP or for more info: thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                                        VSSJ TABLING - Cherry Hill Mall

                                        (tentative) Saturday February 7, Time TBD

                                        2000 Rt 38, Cherry Hill NJ 08002

                                        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                        VSSJ VALENTINE'S DAY "SOUPY SALES" POTLUCK* DINNER

                                        Saturday February 14, 6:30pm

                                        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                                        Vegan Soup Sale and Chocolate Sampling to Benefit

                                        Have-A-Heart Guinea Pig Rescue  (http://petfinder.com/shelters/NJ250.html).

                                        Soup contributions for the soup sale are welcome! Please note that a soup contribution is in addition to your potluck contribution. Please bring a ladle; VSSJ will have extra containers for soup, and supply the chocolate.

                                        *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                        VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                        Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                        Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

                                        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or

                                        609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                        VSSJ LUNCH* at B.GOOD

                                        Sunday February 22, 4pm

                                        500 Rte 73 S (The Promenade at Sagemore), Suite E-2, Marlton NJ 08053, http://bgood.com/

                                        Join VSSJ for a restaurant trip to this restaurant with a number of vegetarian and vegan items, including gluten-free options.

                                        *Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines below.

                                        RSVP (required) by February 21: thevssj@... or
[...]

                                        Join VSSJ for a restaurant trip to this restaurant with a separate vegan menu, including gluten-free options.

                                        *Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines below.

                                        RSVP (required) by March 1:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                        VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER

                                        Sunday March 15, 2pm

[...]

                                        JERSEY SHORE VEGETARIANS LUNCH AT CELINA'S MULBERRY MARKET & GRILLE

                                        Sunday March 22, 1pm

                                        68 W Jimmie Leeds Rd, Sunrise Plaza, Galloway, NJ 08205, celinascafe.com

                                        Join the Jersey Shore Vegetarians (a VSSJ chapter) for lunch. Celina's has a vegetarian section on their lunch menu, with vegan options.

                                        Followed by an optional drive/walk at the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge.

                                        RSVP (required) to Barbara by March 20: mathinmotion2@... or 215-840-1190.

                                        For VSSJ Events:

                                        Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as members only.  Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name. Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

                                        *For VSSJ Potlucks:

                                        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat. VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings! Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please check in when you arrive.

                                        Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.

                                        Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

                                        Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

                                        *For VSSJ Restaurant Trips:

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Feb 9

[...]

                                          Friday March 6, 6:30pm

                                          Marlton

[...]

                                          Monday March 23, 6:30pm

                                          Subject: TBA

                                          This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!
                                          Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided!
                                          To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@...

                                          or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                          Spring Celebration Dinner - Hosted by American Vegan Society

                                          Monday March 30 & Tuesday March 31, 6:30pm

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Feb 23

                                            VSSJ needs volunteers to bake for the Vegan Bake Sale and help with our literature table. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.

                                            JERSEY SHORE VEGETARIANS LUNCH AT CELINA'S MULBERRY MARKET & GRILLE

                                            Sunday March 22, 1pm

                                            68 W Jimmie Leeds Rd, Sunrise Plaza, Galloway, NJ 08205, celinascafe.com

                                            Join the Jersey Shore Vegetarians (a VSSJ chapter) for lunch. Celina's has a vegetarian section on their lunch menu, with vegan options.

                                            Followed by an optional drive/walk at the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge.

                                            RSVP (required) to Barbara by 3/20: mathinmotion2@... or 215-840-1190.

                                            VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                                            Monday March 23, 6:30pm

                                            Collingswood Public Library, 771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108, 856-858-0649 http://collingswoodlib.org

                                            Subject: "Spring Into Health"

                                            Presenter: Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia and at Rowan University.

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Mar 5 3:08 PM

                                              VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

                                              Friday March 6, 6:30pm

                                              Marlton

                                              Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more.  Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members.    To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                                              VSSJ DINNER* at JB MASTER GRILL - New Date

                                              Tuesday March 10, 6pm

                                              13 Jackson Rd, Medford NJ 08055, http://jbmastergrill.com

                                              Join VSSJ for a restaurant trip to this restaurant with a separate vegan menu, including gluten-free options.

                                              *Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines below.

                                              RSVP (required) by March 8:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                              VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER

                                              Sunday March 15, 2pm

                                              Subject:  "Spring Into Health" Summary:  Easy ways to increase your energy with diet, activity, and lifestyle changes  Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia and at Rowan University.