MEMBERS NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK

  • sfenster
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 30, 2012
      Members,

      If you are planning on attending the member's New Year's Eve Potluck, please call Janet at 856-596-3269 as she may not be able to check her email before the potluck.

      Thanks, and hope to see you there!

      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 16 8:59 PM

        VSSJ TABLING - Collingswood Green Festival

        Saturday April 18, 9am-2pm

        Irvin Ave, Collingswood NJ 08108

        Free admission. http://collingswood.com/arts/greenfestival

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER and VEGAN BAKE SALE

        Saturday April 18, 6:30pm

        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

        VSSJ is participating in the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale, proceeds to benefit The Oasis Animal Sanctuary in Williamstown, NJ. All are welcome for the bake sale at 7:30pm!

        Contributions for the bake sale are welcome! Please note that a bake sale contribution is in addition to your potluck contribution.

        Please bring a non-dessert contribution for this potluck.

        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

        VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

        Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

        Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        Earth Celebration Dinner - hosted by the American Vegan Society

        Monday April 20 & Tuesday April 21, 6:30pm

        The American Vegan Society (AVS) will host this dinner at Carême’s, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pike (Rt. 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu   (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.)

        Under the direction of their chef educator, culinary students will prepare and serve a gourmet buffet. Arrive at 5:30 to view book table.  Kitchens Tour: 5:45. Dining room opens at 6:30 pm.  Dinner Music TBA.

        Adult: $34, Student/Low Income: $24, Supporter: $50.  Reserve by April 10.

        Prices include a gratuity to assist students with their ACCC culinary education. AVS welcomes donations for its educational programs, including books for culinary students of the evening.  AVS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Donations are tax-deductible.

        American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328, Phone: 856-694-2887, Fax 856-694-2288, http://americanvegan.org

        VSSJ TABLING - Rowan College at Gloucester County

        Tuesday April 21, 10am-2pm

        1400 Tanyard Rd, Sewell NJ 08080

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ TABLING - Amtrak Earth Fair Day

        Wednesday April 22, 9am-2pm

        30th Street Station, Philadelphia, PA

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ TABLING - Cherry Hill Earth Festival

        Saturday April 25, 10am-2pm (rain or shine)

        Croft Farm, 100 Bortons Mill Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

        The Cherry Hill Earth Festival is a family and earth-friendly event designed to educate, inspire and promote sustainable, healthy living.  Presented by Sustainable Cherry Hill (501c3). Supported by Cherry Hill Township and Cherry Hill Public Schools. Free admission. http://www.sustainablecherryhill.org/get-involved/earth-day-festival

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

        Monday April 27, 6:30pm

        Collingswood Public Library

        771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108, 856-858-0649 http://collingswoodlib.org

        Subject: The Whys Behind Vegetarianism

        Presenter: Rachel Atcheson, Philadelphia Director, The Humane League

        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

        Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided!

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ TABLING - Camden County College Spring Fling

        Wednesday April 29, 11am-2pm

        Wilson Courtyard, College Dr, Blackwood, NJ 08012

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ MEMBER DRIVE and APPRECIATION DINNER

        An Evening of Great Food, Music, and Fun!

        Saturday, May 16, Doors open at 5:30pm, dinner served promptly at 6pm

        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

        Let us cook this time!  VSSJ will provide a cooked-on-site 4-course dinner.

        In addition, we will have a volunteer workday focusing on a member drive.

        In order to gauge how much food we need to make, pre-payment is required. Register by Sunday May 10.

        In appreciation of our members: only $10; Non-members: $18

        (After May 1, members: $12; non-members: $20)

        Alternate payment: send a check to: VSSJ, PO Box 51, Mt Laurel, NJ 08054

        Checks must be received by Friday May 8.  Please include your lasagne choice: vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free vegan.

        Please register here.

        Menu: Soup, Salad, Bread, Lasagne, Mini Sundae, and Beverage

        The food will be GMO-free and mostly organic!  Vegan and gluten-free available.

        Music: TBD.

        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED starting at 2pm to cook, setup, help with the member drive, and cleanup.  To volunteer, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ Potluck Guidelines:

        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients.  Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution.  To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings).  Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!  Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times.  Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

        Not sure what to bring?  Easy options include:  garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités.  For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com.  Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.