MEMBERS NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK

  • sfenster
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 30, 2012
      Members,

      If you are planning on attending the member's New Year's Eve Potluck, please call Janet at 856-596-3269 as she may not be able to check her email before the potluck.

      Thanks, and hope to see you there!

    • Vegetarian-Society-of-South-Jersey-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 3 11:47 AM

        UPCOMING EVENTS

        For all VSSJ events:

        Everyone is welcome!  VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as members only.  Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation.  If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.  Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

        VSSJ BUSINESS MEETINGS

        Planning of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more.  Tell us what you want to see from the group.  Open to all members. Next meeting:  TBD. To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

        VSSJ TABLING - Whole Foods Farmer’s Market

        Fridays, 10:30am-3pm

        Whole Foods Market, Rt 73, Marlton NJ 08053.

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ TABLING - Moorestown Day

        Saturday June 6, 9am-3pm

        Moorestown, NJ 08057

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        CJVG Annual Potluck Picnic

        Saturday June 13, 2pm

        Duke Island Park, Old York Rd, Bridgewater, NJ 08807

        "Jaycee Grove", at the far end of the park, past the band shell and public facilities.

        For each person in your party, bring a vegetarian potluck dish that serves 6-8, with an ingredient list.  Vegan is preferred but not required; vegetarian is required.  CJVG will provide beverages and grill items.  Bring a place setting (plate, fork, cup, etc.) for yourself to help us reduce our use of paper and plastic "throw-away" products.  Bring lawn chairs and games.  RSVP to CJVG by June 12:  908-281-6388.
        Rain date 6/28 (RSVP by 6/27).

        VSSJ TABLING - Burlington County Earth Fair

        Sunday June 14, 10:30am-4pm

        Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

        Saturday June 20, 1pm

        Long Bridge Park, Pavilion 3, Deacon Rd & Mt Holly Bypass (Rt 541), Hainesport, NJ 08036

        Join VSSJ for a family-friendly potluck picnic at this Burlington County park, which is woodsy, has several miles of nice hiking trails, and an adjacent playground.  Children can participate in a scavenger hunt, and there will be games for the adults.  We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

        Members:  $1, $3 family; non-members:  $3, $8 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

        Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

        To RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

        Monday June 22, 6:30pm

        Collingswood Public Library, 771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108, 856-858-0649, http://collingswoodlib.org

        Subject: Fair Trade Food: Good for You, the Grower and the Globe

        Presenter: Donna Gottardi, Proprietor of My Fair Trade Lady.

        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend! Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided! To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ TABLING - 32nd Annual Whitesbog Blueberry Festival

        Saturday June 27, 10am-4pm

        120 Whitesbog Rd, Browns Mills, NJ 08015

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ MEMBERS-ONLY POTLUCK

        Saturday July 18, Time TBD

        Lin's house, Waretown, NJ 08758

        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines.

        VSSJ members only.  No fee for this potluck.

        The host is respectfully requesting that children not be included in this event.

        Space is limited, so please RSVP by Saturday July 11 to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).  After July 11, call 609-848-VEG1 (8341) to see if space is available.

        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

        Monday July 27, 6:30pm

        Collingswood Public Library

        771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108, 856-858-0649, http://collingswoodlib.org

        Subject: Finding Sanctuary

        Presenter: Melissa DeAntonio, DPT, CHHC (Holistic Health Counseling), Your Life Nourished, Oasis Animal Sanctuary & Woodstock Farm Sanctuary.

        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend! Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided! To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        For all VSSJ potlucks:

        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients.  Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings).  Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!  Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times.  Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

        Not sure what to bring?  Easy options include:  garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités.  For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com.  Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.