MEMBERS NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK

  • sfenster
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 30, 2012
      Members,

      If you are planning on attending the member's New Year's Eve Potluck, please call Janet at 856-596-3269 as she may not be able to check her email before the potluck.

      Thanks, and hope to see you there!

    • Vegetarian-Society-of-South-Jersey-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 29

        VSSJ TABLING - Whole Foods Farmer’s Market

        Fridays, 10:30am-3pm

        Whole Foods Market, Rt 73, Marlton NJ 08053.

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ TABLING - Millville Vegstock

        Saturday September 12, 11am-5pm

        Millville NJ 08332.

        movingvegan.com

        Vegstock seeks to immerse participants in a positive and engaging educational experience to inspire vegan living and provide tools to thrive as healthy, active, connected vegans.

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ FREE FILM SERIES

        Thursday September 17, 6:30-8:30pm

        Camden County Library - M. Allan Vogelson Regional Branch, Meeting Room C

        203 Laurel Rd, Voorhees NJ 08043 | 856-772-6105

        Subject:  movie:  The Cove

        Presenter: Oxana Fedorova, Dolphin Project

        Man is their biggest threat and their only hope ...

        Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renowned dolphin trainer Ric O'Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health.

        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

        Vegetarian starter kits will be provided!

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

        Saturday September 19, 1 pm

        Historic Smithville Park, Eastampton, NJ 08060

        Pavilion 3, at the Smith's Woods area off East Railroad Ave

        Join VSSJ for a family-friendly potluck picnic at this Burlington County park, which is woodsy, has several miles of nice hiking trails, an adjacent playground, and historic buildings.  Children can participate in a scavenger hunt, and there will be games for the adults. We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

        Members: $1, $3 family; non-members: $3, $8 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

        Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

        To RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        American Vegan Society Moonglow Gala

        Sunday September 27, 4-8pm

        Eastlyn Golf Course, 4049 Italia Ave, Vineland, NJ 08361

        Featuring Harvest Vegan Cuisine, Hors d'Oeuvres Social, Gourmet Buffet, Dancing, Silent Auction, Music by BluHipp and Dr. Lou Giunta

        Early Reservations between 8/1 and 9/9: Adult: $75, Student/Low Income: $50, Supporter: $100

        After September 9, phone for seating availability 856-694-2887.

        More information at http://americanvegan.org.

        AVS, 56 Dinshah Ln, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328

        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

        No lecture this month - hope to see you on October 26!

        OCTOBER

        VSSJ TABLING - The Country Living Fair at Batsto Village

        Sunday October 18, 10am-4pm

        Batsto, NJ

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ TABLING - Boscov's Friends Helping Friends

        Tuesday October 20

        Voorhees, NJ 08043

        If you're interested in joining VSSJ's outreach/tabling team, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

        Monday October 26, 6:30pm

        Collingswood Public Library

        771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108 | 856-858-0649 | http://collingswoodlib.org

        Subject: "Fall Into Health"

        Presenter: Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia and at Rowan University.

        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

        Vegetarian starter kits will be provided!

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        For all VSSJ potlucks:

        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings! Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

        Not sure what to bring? Easy options include:  garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.