Upcoming Events

    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 9, 2012
      VOLUNTEER DAY at UNEXPECTED WILDLIFE REFUGE, Saturday October 13, 10am, (Raindate: Sunday, October 14), 660 Piney Hollow Rd., Newfield NJ 08344, http://unexpectedwildliferefuge.org Help maintain trails. Lunch will be provided. Please bring work gloves and wear sturdy shoes (that could very well get wet)and dress for ticks: light colored clothing, long pants tucked into socks and bug repellant. Everyone will meet on the Refuge property on Piney Hollow Rd. at the big white garage. (Please do not block access to the garage.)
      There will be balloons or a cone to alert people where to assemble. It is only about 3 minutes away. Then we will carpool back in a few cars to the actual work location. To volunteer, please contact Carol at 856-456-1279 or carolyngithens@....

      FALL POTLUCK* & BAKE SALE, Saturday October 20, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt. 70, Marlton NJ 08053. Theme TBD. Bake sale proceeds will benefit Furrever Friends Rescue & Volunteers, Inc.(www.furreverfriends.org) We'll also have a vegan chocolate tasting. Please bring a non-dessert dish to the potluck. If you would like to donate to the bake sale, please bring something for that as well. Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family. Attendees should park at the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer or RSVP, please contact Janet at 856-596-3269 or janet@....

      VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING and PIZZA NIGHT, Tuesday October 30, 7:00pm
      Whole Foods, 940 Rt 73 N, Marlton, NJ 08053. Members welcome. Join us to help plan upcoming activities, and have a slice of vegan pizza - on VSSJ!

      CJVG ANNUAL FALL POTLUCK DINNER, Saturday November 10, 5pm,
      Hillsborough Presbyterian Church, 770 Route 206, Hillsborough, NJ 08844. For each person in your party, bring a vegetarian potluck dish to serve at least 6 people. Please bring an ingredient list. Bring your own place setting (plate, fork, cup, etc.) so that we can reduce using disposables. Vegan is preferred to serve as many as possible. Bring something you want to recycle for our raffle (must be in excellent condition). To help cover hall rental: $5 CJVG members, $10 non-members. RSVP by 11/9 to CJVG at 908-281-6388.

      ANNUAL THANKSGIVING POTLUCK*, Sunday November 18, 2pm, preceded by
      a VSSJ Business Meeting (members welcome) at 12:30pm, Moorestown Community House, (www.thecommunityhouse.com) 16 E. Main St., Moorestown NJ 08057. Festivities will include a bucket auction and/or raffle to benefit the "Adopt A Turkey" Farm Sanctuary program (http://www.adoptaturkey.org/). Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family. To volunteer or RSVP, please contact Janet at 856-596-3269 or janet@....

      HOLIDAY POTLUCK* AND SOUP SALE FUNDRAISER, Saturday December 8, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt. 70, Marlton NJ 08053. We will be making and selling soup to raise money for the Animal Welfare Association (www.awanj.org). Volunteers needed to cook soup in the afternoon. Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family. Attendees should park at the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer or RSVP, please contact Janet at 856-596-3269 or janet@....

      VEGAN FINE DINING, Monday, December 17, 6:30pm, Carême's, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College (on Rt. 322), 5100 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.) Under the direction of their Chef Educator, Culinary Arts students will prepare and serve a buffet. Reserve by September 14. Menus will be posted at http://www.americanvegan.org Dinners begin at 6:30 pm. Kitchens & Greenhouse Tour: 5:45 pm. Supporter $50, Adult $31, Student/Low Income $21. Pay by mail, phone, or fax; by cash, check, or credit card. American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328.
      Phone 856-694-2887, Fax 856-694-2288, http://www.americanvegan.org

      NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK*, Monday December 31, 9pm, Location TBD. Bring in the New Year with VSSJ! VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck. Please RSVP to veg@...

      *VSSJ POTLUCK GUIDELINES

      Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling. Beverages are provided.
      *Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
      **Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

      Fees (to cover the cost of rental halls) are the following unless otherwise noted: Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family.

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 27, 2012
        MEMBERS NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK*, Monday December 31, 9pm,
        Marlton NJ.
        Bring in the New Year with VSSJ! VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck. Please RSVP to janet@... for directions.

        VEGAN WINTER SOUPS & ACCOMPANIMENTS POTLUCK* Monday, January 21,
        11am-4pm, 865 N Delsea Dr, Clayton NJ 08312.
        Watch the Presidential Inauguration Ceremonies together
        at Clayton Mews. RSVP to Ethel Dennis at 856-341-0637.

        For all VSSJ potlucks:
        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling.
        Beverages are provided.
        * Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
        ** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

        Please check your e-mail on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo e-mail list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.
        Contact Myrna at 1-877-WWW-VSSJ (877-999-8775) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.
      • sfenster
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 30, 2012
          Members,

          If you are planning on attending the member's New Year's Eve Potluck, please call Janet at 856-596-3269 as she may not be able to check her email before the potluck.

          Thanks, and hope to see you there!

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
            SAVE THE ANIMAL'S (STAF) ANNUAL BUCKET AUCTION
            Thursday March 14, Doors Open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm
            Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ,
            in the 9-10 Cafeteria.
            VSSJ needs volunteers to bake, or staff our table at the Vegan Bake Sale at this wonderful event. Please contact carol@... if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.
            Admission is $10, payable at the door and includes a sheet of 24 "Great Prize" tickets. Additional tickets will be available inside. We'll have LOTS of terrific prizes for you to bid on - gift certificates, collectibles and items for men, women, kids and pets. Refreshments will be available for a nominal charge. All of the prizes are donated and all of the proceeds will directly benefit local animals. For more information, email Maureen at mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847.

            VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER
            Saturday March 16, 6:30pm
            Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
            Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

            VEGAN FINE DINING
            Spring Celebration Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society
            Tuesday, April 2, 6:30pm
            Carême's, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College (on Rt. 322), 5100 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu
            (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.) Under the direction of their Chef Educator, Culinary Arts students will prepare and serve. Details TBD - see http://americanvegan.org

            VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK*
            Sunday April 21, 2pm
            Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)
            16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057
            Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

            VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN (TENTATIVE)
            Saturday May 4, 5pm
            1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com
            Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine. RSVP by 5/2 to VSSJ: veg@... or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

            VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER
            Saturday May 18, 6:30pm
            Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
            Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

            ANNUAL VEGAN GARDEN PARTY (AVS) - hosted by American Vegan Society
            Sunday May 26, Noon: Outdoor Lunch; Program: 2pm
            AVS Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328
            Emcee: Anne Dinshah, lifelong vegan, author, and rowing coach
            Jenny Brown: co-founder and director of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary in Woodstock, NY, WoodstockSanctuary.org
            Michael A. Weber: executive director of Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), farmusa.org.
            AVS Books Room Sale 11am-6pm: Books, DVDs, Videos, and Posters.
            Register by May 22. Donation: Supporter $50, Adult $25, Student/Low income $10, Child $5. More information at http://americanvegan.org AVS, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga, NJ 08328, 856-694-2887.

            CJVG ANNUAL POTLUCK PICNIC
            Saturday June 22, 2pm
            Duke Island Park (Jaycee Grove Lot C), Old York Rd, Bridgewater, NJ
            For each person in your party, bring a dish that serves at least 6 people, with an ingredient list and your place setting (plate, fork, cup, etc.). Vegan is preferred. CJVG provides beverages, burgers and franks. Bring lawn chairs and outdoor games. Rain date 7/20.
            RSVP to CJVG by June 21: 908-281-6388 or info@....

            *VSSJ POTLUCK GUIDELINES:
            Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling. Beverages are provided.
            * Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
            ** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.
            Please check your e-mail on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo e-mail list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.
            Contact Myrna at 1-877-WWW-VSSJ (877-999-8775) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.
          • carolyngithens
            VSSJ LUNCH at GREEN MEDLEY Saturday January 11, 2pm,
1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057.
Join VSSJ for a trip to this new vegetarian (mostly
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 8

              VSSJ LUNCH at GREEN MEDLEY

              Saturday January 11, 2pm,
1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057.
Join VSSJ for a trip to this new vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant.
 See below for VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines.
Please RSVP to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341) by Friday, January 10.

              VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER

              Saturday January 18, 7pm

              Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)
, 16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057
. See below for potluck guidelines
. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

              In celebration of her 30th year being vegetarian, Dr Janet Erickson President of VSSJ, will be presenting an interesting talk on "Tired of Being Sick and Tired?" She will discuss how you can dramatically improve your health.

              **VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.
 To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

              VSSJ HEARTY SOUP COOKING CLASS

              Saturday February 8, 3pm,
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053.

              In celebration of her 30th year as a Vegetarian, Dr. Janet Erickson President of VSSJ, will be facilitating this class. Learn about and participate in cooking a variety of delicious soups that are packed with nutrition and loaded with vegetables for a heart-healthy meal! They are completely meat-free without dairy or eggs (vegan). Enjoy plenty of sampling, then pick your favorite to eat for dinner!!
 Price: VSSJ members: $20; Non-members: $25.
Register by January 8 and get 10% off!
 Pre-payment is required. Register online by February 1, or send a check to:
 VSSJ, PO Box 51, Mt Laurel NJ, 08054.

              Checks must be received by February 1.
 Space is limited, so register now to reserve a spot.

              After February 1, call to see if space is available. Late registration price: members $22, non-members $27.50.
 To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please call Janet at 856-596-3269, or send email to thevssj@....

              For all VSSJ potlucks: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Beverages are provided.
* Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

              Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

              For all VSSJ restaurant trips: Reservations must be placed with VSSJ, at least 24 hours before the event. Out of fairness to the restaurant, cancellations are requested at least 24 hours in advance. Please plan to pay in cash. When we dine at non-vegetarian restaurants, only vegetarian dishes may be ordered.

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 3

                MEMBER POTLUCK* and GAME NIGHT

                Saturday February 22, 4pm (Snowdate: Sunday February 23, 4pm) Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough, NJ 08068

                We'll have a bunch of games, but feel free to bring one you'd like to play. VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck. The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12 not be included in this event. Space is limited, so please RSVP by 2/20 to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341). After the 20th, call 609-848-VEG1 (8341) to see if space is available.

                VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER and VEGAN BAKE SALE

                Saturday March 15, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                Vegan bake sale to benefit Animal Friends Furever, http://aff.petfinder.com. Contributions for the bake sale are welcome! Please bring a non-dessert contribution for the potluck. VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup, and to bake. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                STAF's ANNUAL BUCKET AUCTION

                Thursday March 20, Doors Open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm

                Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd,
                Sewell NJ, in the 9-10 Cafeteria.

                Admission is $10, payable at the door and includes a sheet of 24 "Great Prize" tickets. Additional tickets will be available inside. We'll have LOTS of terrific prizes for you to bid on - gift certificates, collectibles and items for men, women, kids and pets. Refreshments will be available for a nominal charge. All of the prizes are donated and all of the proceeds will directly benefit local animals. For more information, email Maureen at mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847. VSSJ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS to bake for the Vegan Bake Sale at this wonderful event. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.

                For all VSSJ potlucks: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12 years old) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes are preferred so all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food) along with the recipe or a list of ingredients.

                Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, or hummus with veggies or crudites. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 13

                  MEMBER POTLUCK* & GAME NIGHT, Sat Feb 22, 4pm (Snowdate: Sun Feb 23, 4pm), Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough NJ 08068. VSSJ members only; no fee for this potluck. The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12 not be included in this event. Space is limited, so RSVP by Feb 20: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341). After the 20th, call to see if space is available.

                  VSSJ /VEGETARIAN NEIGHBORS POTLUCK* DINNER, Sun March 2, 4-6pm, This potluck is at Linda Shimmel’s home, Vineland NJ. RSVP/info: Gayle at 413-522-8258 or gemd4100@....

                  VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER & VEGAN BAKE SALE, Sat March 15, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053. Vegan bake sale benefits Animal Friends Furever (http://aff.petfinder.com). Contributions for bake sale welcome! Please bring a non-dessert contribution for potluck. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees park in front of building; enter at steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup, cleanup, & baking. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  SAVE THE ANIMALS FOUNDATION’S (STAF) BUCKET AUCTION, Thurs March 20,

                  Doors open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm, Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ in 9-10 Cafeteria. Admission $10. LOTS of terrific prizes, vegetarian/vegan refreshments. ALL proceeds benefit local animals. For more info: mkoplow@... or 856-853-1847. VSSJ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS to bake for Vegan Bake Sale at this event: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES, Wed April 2, 7pm, Woodbury Public Library, 33 Delaware St, Woodbury, NJ 08096, 856-845-2611. “Spring Into Health - Easy Ways to Increase Your Energy with Diet, Activity, and Lifestyle Changes” by Jim Ronga, DC. Healthy snacks & vegetarian starter kits! To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK*, Sun April 13, 2pm, Moorestown Community House, 16 East Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057. Raffle and/or 50/50. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup, cleanup, and baking. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  FULL MOON BANQUET DINNER, Mon April 14 & Tues April 15, 6:30pm, Careme’s at the Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pk (Rt 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330 (in Bldg M). RSVP/Info: American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887, www.americanvegan.org.

                  VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES, Thurs April 24, 7pm, Cherry Hill Public Library, Conference Ctr, 1100 Kings Highway North, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034, 856-667-0300. Dr. Janet Erickson, President of VSSJ, celebrates her 30th year being vegetarian with her talk “Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet 101”. Vegetarian starter kits & food samples will be available. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  VSSJ TABLING at Cherry Hill Earth Festival, Sat. April 26, 10am-2pm (rain or shine), Croft Farm, 100 Bortons Mill Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, cleanup. Volunteer/Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  VSSJ/CJVG DINNER* at KAYA'S KITCHEN, Date TBD (May), 1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com. Join VSSJ and Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for trip to an all-veg restaurant. RSVP by TBD to VSSJ: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341) or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                  VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER, Sat May 17, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members:  $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees park in front of building and enter at steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup & cleanup. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  AMERICAN VEGAN GARDEN PARTY, Sun May 25, Noon: Lunch • 2-6pm: Program, 56 & 72 Dinshah Lane, Malaga NJ. Speakers: Fran Costigan and John Pierre, Live Music, and Book Room. RSVP by May 20 to American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887, www.americanvegan.org. Visit website for further details.

                  VSSJ POTLUCK* PICNIC, Sun June 8, 1 pm (rain or shine in covered pavilion), Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060. Park has many miles of hiking trails plus historic buildings. VSSJ members: FREE; Non-members: $2, $5 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee) To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  *VSSJ GUIDELINES

                  For all VSSJ EVENTS: Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as “members-only”.

                  Please check your email on day of event for possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please visit www.vssj.com and click on "Mailing List" link on left to add your name. Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 to RSVP, for additional info, directions, or to volunteer.

                  *For all VSSJ POTLUCKS: Each individual in your party (with exception of children under 12) brings vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so all types of vegetarians may enjoy food), with recipe or list of ingredients. Please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.

                  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, & utensils if possible. Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental

                  supervision at all times. Check in at door when you arrive.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 30

                    VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                    Wednesday April 2, 7pm

                    Woodbury Public Library

                    33 Delaware St, Woodbury NJ 08096, 856-845-2611

                    Subject:  "Spring Into Health - Easy Ways to Increase Your Energy with Diet, Activity, and Lifestyle Changes"

                    Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                    This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend! Sample healthy snacks and browse VSSJ

                    literature table! To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info,please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    VEGETARIAN NEIGHBORS VEGAN POTLUCK and GAME NIGHT

                    Friday April 4, 6pm

                    American Vegan Society (AVS) Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328.

                    6pm vegan bookstore open; 7pm dinner; 8pm games (Scrabble, Triominos, and more); bookstore will also be open after dinner.

                    Join us for a Vegan Potluck & Games with great food, conversations, and board games.

                    Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                    For more info, contact:  American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887

                    Come and share fellowship with other vegetarians and vegans. Vegetarian Neighbors is part of the Vegetarian Society of South Jersey (VSSJ).

                    CJVG Annual Spring Potluck Dinner

                    Saturday April 5, 5pm

                    Hillsborough Presbyterian Church (770 Route 206, Hillsborough).

                    For each person in your party, bring a vegetarian potluck dish to serve at least 6 people.  Please bring an ingredient list and your own place setting (plate, fork,
                    cup, etc.) so that we can reduce using disposables. Vegan is preferred to serve as many as possible. Bring something that you want to recycle for our raffle

                    (must be in excellent condition).

                    To help cover hall rental: $5 donation per person. RSVP to CJVG by April 4th: 908-281-6388

                    VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK

                    Sunday April 13, 2pm

                    Moorestown Community House

                    (thecommunityhouse.com)

                    16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057.

                    We will also have a 50/50.

                    VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

                    Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup, and to bake. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    Full Moon Banquet Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society

                    Monday April 14 & Tuesday April 15, 6:30pm

                    (You may choose to attend on Monday or Tuesday.)

                    The American Vegan Society (AVS) will host this Full Moon Dinner at Carême’s, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pike (Rt. 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu

                    (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.)

                    Under the direction of their chef educator, culinary students will   prepare and serve a gourmet buffet.

                    Dinner begins at 6:30 pm. Kitchens Tour: 5:45 pm.

                    Come early to view Book Table!

                    Dinner Music by Jug Paradise: Moongrass, American String Band.

                    Adult: $32, Student/Low Income: $22, Supporter $50.

                    Prices include a gratuity to assist students with their ACCC culinary education. AVS welcomes donations for its educational programs, including books for culinary students of the evening.  AVS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit; Donations are tax-deductible.

                    Pay online (PayPal, Credit Card), by mail (check), phone or fax (credit card).

                    American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328.

                    Phone: 856-694-2887,

                    Fax 856-694-2288 http://americanvegan.org

                    Reservations are requested by April 7; thereafter phone for seating availability.

                    VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                    Thursday April 24, 7pm

                    Cherry Hill Public Library, Conference Center, 1100 Kings Highway N, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034,

                    856-667-0300, info@...

                    Subject:  Benefits of a Plant-based Diet

                    Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                    This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend! Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided! To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    VSSJ TABLING at the Cherry Hill Earth Festival

                    Saturday April 26, 10am-2pm (rain or shine)

                    Croft Farm – 100 Bortons Mill Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034.

                    Celebrate Cherry Hill Township and Sustainable Cherry Hill’s commitment to educating and engaging residents, children, students and businesses about how sustainability affects our environment, health & wellness, economy and more. Free admission.

                    www.sustainablecherryhill.org/get-involved/earth-day-festival

                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                    Date TBD

                    1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719,

                    kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                    Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                    Please RSVP by TBD to VSSJ:  thevssj@... or

                    609-848-VEG1 (8341),

                    or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                    For all VSSJ retaurant trips: Reservations must be placed with VSSJ, at least 24 hours before the event.  Out of fairness to the restaurant, cancellations are requested at least 24 hours in advance.  Please plan to pay in cash.  When we dine at non-vegetarian restaurants, only vegetarian dishes may be ordered.

                    VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & RECIPE SWAP

                    Saturday May 17, 6:30pm

                    Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                    Bring your favorite recipe!

                    VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members:  $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

                    Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                    Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us

                    at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    American Vegan Society (AVS) Annual Vegan Garden Party

                    Sunday May 25, Noon

                    AVS Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328.

                    Noon: Outdoor Lunch; Program:  2pm; AVS Books Room Sale 11am-6pm:  Books, DVDs, Videos, and Posters.

                    Register by May 21.