Upcoming Events

    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 9, 2012
      VOLUNTEER DAY at UNEXPECTED WILDLIFE REFUGE, Saturday October 13, 10am, (Raindate: Sunday, October 14), 660 Piney Hollow Rd., Newfield NJ 08344, http://unexpectedwildliferefuge.org Help maintain trails. Lunch will be provided. Please bring work gloves and wear sturdy shoes (that could very well get wet)and dress for ticks: light colored clothing, long pants tucked into socks and bug repellant. Everyone will meet on the Refuge property on Piney Hollow Rd. at the big white garage. (Please do not block access to the garage.)
      There will be balloons or a cone to alert people where to assemble. It is only about 3 minutes away. Then we will carpool back in a few cars to the actual work location. To volunteer, please contact Carol at 856-456-1279 or carolyngithens@....

      FALL POTLUCK* & BAKE SALE, Saturday October 20, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt. 70, Marlton NJ 08053. Theme TBD. Bake sale proceeds will benefit Furrever Friends Rescue & Volunteers, Inc.(www.furreverfriends.org) We'll also have a vegan chocolate tasting. Please bring a non-dessert dish to the potluck. If you would like to donate to the bake sale, please bring something for that as well. Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family. Attendees should park at the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer or RSVP, please contact Janet at 856-596-3269 or janet@....

      VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING and PIZZA NIGHT, Tuesday October 30, 7:00pm
      Whole Foods, 940 Rt 73 N, Marlton, NJ 08053. Members welcome. Join us to help plan upcoming activities, and have a slice of vegan pizza - on VSSJ!

      CJVG ANNUAL FALL POTLUCK DINNER, Saturday November 10, 5pm,
      Hillsborough Presbyterian Church, 770 Route 206, Hillsborough, NJ 08844. For each person in your party, bring a vegetarian potluck dish to serve at least 6 people. Please bring an ingredient list. Bring your own place setting (plate, fork, cup, etc.) so that we can reduce using disposables. Vegan is preferred to serve as many as possible. Bring something you want to recycle for our raffle (must be in excellent condition). To help cover hall rental: $5 CJVG members, $10 non-members. RSVP by 11/9 to CJVG at 908-281-6388.

      ANNUAL THANKSGIVING POTLUCK*, Sunday November 18, 2pm, preceded by
      a VSSJ Business Meeting (members welcome) at 12:30pm, Moorestown Community House, (www.thecommunityhouse.com) 16 E. Main St., Moorestown NJ 08057. Festivities will include a bucket auction and/or raffle to benefit the "Adopt A Turkey" Farm Sanctuary program (http://www.adoptaturkey.org/). Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family. To volunteer or RSVP, please contact Janet at 856-596-3269 or janet@....

      HOLIDAY POTLUCK* AND SOUP SALE FUNDRAISER, Saturday December 8, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt. 70, Marlton NJ 08053. We will be making and selling soup to raise money for the Animal Welfare Association (www.awanj.org). Volunteers needed to cook soup in the afternoon. Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family. Attendees should park at the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer or RSVP, please contact Janet at 856-596-3269 or janet@....

      VEGAN FINE DINING, Monday, December 17, 6:30pm, Carême's, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College (on Rt. 322), 5100 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.) Under the direction of their Chef Educator, Culinary Arts students will prepare and serve a buffet. Reserve by September 14. Menus will be posted at http://www.americanvegan.org Dinners begin at 6:30 pm. Kitchens & Greenhouse Tour: 5:45 pm. Supporter $50, Adult $31, Student/Low Income $21. Pay by mail, phone, or fax; by cash, check, or credit card. American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328.
      Phone 856-694-2887, Fax 856-694-2288, http://www.americanvegan.org

      NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK*, Monday December 31, 9pm, Location TBD. Bring in the New Year with VSSJ! VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck. Please RSVP to veg@...

      *VSSJ POTLUCK GUIDELINES

      Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling. Beverages are provided.
      *Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
      **Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

      Fees (to cover the cost of rental halls) are the following unless otherwise noted: Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family.

      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 27, 2012
        MEMBERS NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK*, Monday December 31, 9pm,
        Marlton NJ.
        Bring in the New Year with VSSJ! VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck. Please RSVP to janet@... for directions.

        VEGAN WINTER SOUPS & ACCOMPANIMENTS POTLUCK* Monday, January 21,
        11am-4pm, 865 N Delsea Dr, Clayton NJ 08312.
        Watch the Presidential Inauguration Ceremonies together
        at Clayton Mews. RSVP to Ethel Dennis at 856-341-0637.

        For all VSSJ potlucks:
        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling.
        Beverages are provided.
        * Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
        ** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

        Please check your e-mail on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo e-mail list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.
        Contact Myrna at 1-877-WWW-VSSJ (877-999-8775) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.
      • sfenster
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 30, 2012
          Members,

          If you are planning on attending the member's New Year's Eve Potluck, please call Janet at 856-596-3269 as she may not be able to check her email before the potluck.

          Thanks, and hope to see you there!

          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 8 10:47 AM
            SAVE THE ANIMAL'S (STAF) ANNUAL BUCKET AUCTION
            Thursday March 14, Doors Open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm
            Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ,
            in the 9-10 Cafeteria.
            VSSJ needs volunteers to bake, or staff our table at the Vegan Bake Sale at this wonderful event. Please contact carol@... if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.
            Admission is $10, payable at the door and includes a sheet of 24 "Great Prize" tickets. Additional tickets will be available inside. We'll have LOTS of terrific prizes for you to bid on - gift certificates, collectibles and items for men, women, kids and pets. Refreshments will be available for a nominal charge. All of the prizes are donated and all of the proceeds will directly benefit local animals. For more information, email Maureen at mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847.

            VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER
            Saturday March 16, 6:30pm
            Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
            Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

            VEGAN FINE DINING
            Spring Celebration Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society
            Tuesday, April 2, 6:30pm
            Carême's, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College (on Rt. 322), 5100 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu
            (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.) Under the direction of their Chef Educator, Culinary Arts students will prepare and serve. Details TBD - see http://americanvegan.org

            VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK*
            Sunday April 21, 2pm
            Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)
            16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057
            Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

            VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN (TENTATIVE)
            Saturday May 4, 5pm
            1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com
            Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine. RSVP by 5/2 to VSSJ: veg@... or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

            VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER
            Saturday May 18, 6:30pm
            Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
            Volunteers needed for setup and cleanup. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please email Janet: janet@....

            ANNUAL VEGAN GARDEN PARTY (AVS) - hosted by American Vegan Society
            Sunday May 26, Noon: Outdoor Lunch; Program: 2pm
            AVS Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328
            Emcee: Anne Dinshah, lifelong vegan, author, and rowing coach
            Jenny Brown: co-founder and director of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary in Woodstock, NY, WoodstockSanctuary.org
            Michael A. Weber: executive director of Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), farmusa.org.
            AVS Books Room Sale 11am-6pm: Books, DVDs, Videos, and Posters.
            Register by May 22. Donation: Supporter $50, Adult $25, Student/Low income $10, Child $5. More information at http://americanvegan.org AVS, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga, NJ 08328, 856-694-2887.

            CJVG ANNUAL POTLUCK PICNIC
            Saturday June 22, 2pm
            Duke Island Park (Jaycee Grove Lot C), Old York Rd, Bridgewater, NJ
            For each person in your party, bring a dish that serves at least 6 people, with an ingredient list and your place setting (plate, fork, cup, etc.). Vegan is preferred. CJVG provides beverages, burgers and franks. Bring lawn chairs and outdoor games. Rain date 7/20.
            RSVP to CJVG by June 21: 908-281-6388 or info@....

            *VSSJ POTLUCK GUIDELINES:
            Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling. Beverages are provided.
            * Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
            ** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.
            Please check your e-mail on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo e-mail list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.
            Contact Myrna at 1-877-WWW-VSSJ (877-999-8775) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.
          • carolyngithens
            VSSJ LUNCH at GREEN MEDLEY Saturday January 11, 2pm,
1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057.
Join VSSJ for a trip to this new vegetarian (mostly
            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 8, 2014

              VSSJ LUNCH at GREEN MEDLEY

              Saturday January 11, 2pm,
1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057.
Join VSSJ for a trip to this new vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant.
 See below for VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines.
Please RSVP to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341) by Friday, January 10.

              VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER

              Saturday January 18, 7pm

              Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)
, 16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057
. See below for potluck guidelines
. Members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

              In celebration of her 30th year being vegetarian, Dr Janet Erickson President of VSSJ, will be presenting an interesting talk on "Tired of Being Sick and Tired?" She will discuss how you can dramatically improve your health.

              **VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.
 To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

              VSSJ HEARTY SOUP COOKING CLASS

              Saturday February 8, 3pm,
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053.

              In celebration of her 30th year as a Vegetarian, Dr. Janet Erickson President of VSSJ, will be facilitating this class. Learn about and participate in cooking a variety of delicious soups that are packed with nutrition and loaded with vegetables for a heart-healthy meal! They are completely meat-free without dairy or eggs (vegan). Enjoy plenty of sampling, then pick your favorite to eat for dinner!!
 Price: VSSJ members: $20; Non-members: $25.
Register by January 8 and get 10% off!
 Pre-payment is required. Register online by February 1, or send a check to:
 VSSJ, PO Box 51, Mt Laurel NJ, 08054.

              Checks must be received by February 1.
 Space is limited, so register now to reserve a spot.

              After February 1, call to see if space is available. Late registration price: members $22, non-members $27.50.
 To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please call Janet at 856-596-3269, or send email to thevssj@....

              For all VSSJ potlucks: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Beverages are provided.
* Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

              Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

              For all VSSJ restaurant trips: Reservations must be placed with VSSJ, at least 24 hours before the event. Out of fairness to the restaurant, cancellations are requested at least 24 hours in advance. Please plan to pay in cash. When we dine at non-vegetarian restaurants, only vegetarian dishes may be ordered.

              Message 6 of 30 , Feb 3, 2014

                MEMBER POTLUCK* and GAME NIGHT

                Saturday February 22, 4pm (Snowdate: Sunday February 23, 4pm) Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough, NJ 08068

                We'll have a bunch of games, but feel free to bring one you'd like to play. VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck. The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12 not be included in this event. Space is limited, so please RSVP by 2/20 to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341). After the 20th, call 609-848-VEG1 (8341) to see if space is available.

                VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER and VEGAN BAKE SALE

                Saturday March 15, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                Vegan bake sale to benefit Animal Friends Furever, http://aff.petfinder.com. Contributions for the bake sale are welcome! Please bring a non-dessert contribution for the potluck. VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup, and to bake. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                STAF's ANNUAL BUCKET AUCTION

                Thursday March 20, Doors Open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm

                Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd,
                Sewell NJ, in the 9-10 Cafeteria.

                Admission is $10, payable at the door and includes a sheet of 24 "Great Prize" tickets. Additional tickets will be available inside. We'll have LOTS of terrific prizes for you to bid on - gift certificates, collectibles and items for men, women, kids and pets. Refreshments will be available for a nominal charge. All of the prizes are donated and all of the proceeds will directly benefit local animals. For more information, email Maureen at mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847. VSSJ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS to bake for the Vegan Bake Sale at this wonderful event. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.

                For all VSSJ potlucks: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12 years old) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes are preferred so all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food) along with the recipe or a list of ingredients.

                Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, or hummus with veggies or crudites. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

                Message 7 of 30 , Feb 13, 2014

                  MEMBER POTLUCK* & GAME NIGHT, Sat Feb 22, 4pm (Snowdate: Sun Feb 23, 4pm), Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough NJ 08068. VSSJ members only; no fee for this potluck. The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12 not be included in this event. Space is limited, so RSVP by Feb 20: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341). After the 20th, call to see if space is available.

                  VSSJ /VEGETARIAN NEIGHBORS POTLUCK* DINNER, Sun March 2, 4-6pm, This potluck is at Linda Shimmel’s home, Vineland NJ. RSVP/info: Gayle at 413-522-8258 or gemd4100@....

                  VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER & VEGAN BAKE SALE, Sat March 15, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053. Vegan bake sale benefits Animal Friends Furever (http://aff.petfinder.com). Contributions for bake sale welcome! Please bring a non-dessert contribution for potluck. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees park in front of building; enter at steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup, cleanup, & baking. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  SAVE THE ANIMALS FOUNDATION’S (STAF) BUCKET AUCTION, Thurs March 20,

                  Doors open: 6:30pm, Drawings: 8pm, Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ in 9-10 Cafeteria. Admission $10. LOTS of terrific prizes, vegetarian/vegan refreshments. ALL proceeds benefit local animals. For more info: mkoplow@... or 856-853-1847. VSSJ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS to bake for Vegan Bake Sale at this event: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES, Wed April 2, 7pm, Woodbury Public Library, 33 Delaware St, Woodbury, NJ 08096, 856-845-2611. “Spring Into Health - Easy Ways to Increase Your Energy with Diet, Activity, and Lifestyle Changes” by Jim Ronga, DC. Healthy snacks & vegetarian starter kits! To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK*, Sun April 13, 2pm, Moorestown Community House, 16 East Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057. Raffle and/or 50/50. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup, cleanup, and baking. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  FULL MOON BANQUET DINNER, Mon April 14 & Tues April 15, 6:30pm, Careme’s at the Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pk (Rt 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330 (in Bldg M). RSVP/Info: American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887, www.americanvegan.org.

                  VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES, Thurs April 24, 7pm, Cherry Hill Public Library, Conference Ctr, 1100 Kings Highway North, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034, 856-667-0300. Dr. Janet Erickson, President of VSSJ, celebrates her 30th year being vegetarian with her talk “Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet 101”. Vegetarian starter kits & food samples will be available. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  VSSJ TABLING at Cherry Hill Earth Festival, Sat. April 26, 10am-2pm (rain or shine), Croft Farm, 100 Bortons Mill Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, cleanup. Volunteer/Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  VSSJ/CJVG DINNER* at KAYA'S KITCHEN, Date TBD (May), 1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com. Join VSSJ and Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for trip to an all-veg restaurant. RSVP by TBD to VSSJ: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341) or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                  VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER, Sat May 17, 6:30pm, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053. VSSJ members: $2; $4 family; Non-members:  $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental). Attendees park in front of building and enter at steeple. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: setup & cleanup. To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  AMERICAN VEGAN GARDEN PARTY, Sun May 25, Noon: Lunch • 2-6pm: Program, 56 & 72 Dinshah Lane, Malaga NJ. Speakers: Fran Costigan and John Pierre, Live Music, and Book Room. RSVP by May 20 to American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887, www.americanvegan.org. Visit website for further details.

                  VSSJ POTLUCK* PICNIC, Sun June 8, 1 pm (rain or shine in covered pavilion), Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060. Park has many miles of hiking trails plus historic buildings. VSSJ members: FREE; Non-members: $2, $5 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee) To Volunteer, RSVP, or for more Info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

                  *VSSJ GUIDELINES

                  For all VSSJ EVENTS: Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as “members-only”.

                  Please check your email on day of event for possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please visit www.vssj.com and click on "Mailing List" link on left to add your name. Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 to RSVP, for additional info, directions, or to volunteer.

                  *For all VSSJ POTLUCKS: Each individual in your party (with exception of children under 12) brings vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so all types of vegetarians may enjoy food), with recipe or list of ingredients. Please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.

                  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, & utensils if possible. Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental

                  supervision at all times. Check in at door when you arrive.

                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 30 8:30 PM

                    VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                    Wednesday April 2, 7pm

                    Woodbury Public Library

                    33 Delaware St, Woodbury NJ 08096, 856-845-2611

                    Subject:  "Spring Into Health - Easy Ways to Increase Your Energy with Diet, Activity, and Lifestyle Changes"

                    Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                    This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend! Sample healthy snacks and browse VSSJ

                    literature table! To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info,please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    VEGETARIAN NEIGHBORS VEGAN POTLUCK and GAME NIGHT

                    Friday April 4, 6pm

                    American Vegan Society (AVS) Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328.

                    6pm vegan bookstore open; 7pm dinner; 8pm games (Scrabble, Triominos, and more); bookstore will also be open after dinner.

                    Join us for a Vegan Potluck & Games with great food, conversations, and board games.

                    Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                    For more info, contact:  American Vegan Society, 856-694-2887

                    Come and share fellowship with other vegetarians and vegans. Vegetarian Neighbors is part of the Vegetarian Society of South Jersey (VSSJ).

                    CJVG Annual Spring Potluck Dinner

                    Saturday April 5, 5pm

                    Hillsborough Presbyterian Church (770 Route 206, Hillsborough).

                    For each person in your party, bring a vegetarian potluck dish to serve at least 6 people.  Please bring an ingredient list and your own place setting (plate, fork,
                    cup, etc.) so that we can reduce using disposables. Vegan is preferred to serve as many as possible. Bring something that you want to recycle for our raffle

                    (must be in excellent condition).

                    To help cover hall rental: $5 donation per person. RSVP to CJVG by April 4th: 908-281-6388

                    VSSJ ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK

                    Sunday April 13, 2pm

                    Moorestown Community House

                    (thecommunityhouse.com)

                    16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057.

                    We will also have a 50/50.

                    VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members: $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

                    Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup, and to bake. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    Full Moon Banquet Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society

                    Monday April 14 & Tuesday April 15, 6:30pm

                    (You may choose to attend on Monday or Tuesday.)

                    The American Vegan Society (AVS) will host this Full Moon Dinner at Carême’s, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pike (Rt. 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu

                    (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.)

                    Under the direction of their chef educator, culinary students will   prepare and serve a gourmet buffet.

                    Dinner begins at 6:30 pm. Kitchens Tour: 5:45 pm.

                    Come early to view Book Table!

                    Dinner Music by Jug Paradise: Moongrass, American String Band.

                    Adult: $32, Student/Low Income: $22, Supporter $50.

                    Prices include a gratuity to assist students with their ACCC culinary education. AVS welcomes donations for its educational programs, including books for culinary students of the evening.  AVS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit; Donations are tax-deductible.

                    Pay online (PayPal, Credit Card), by mail (check), phone or fax (credit card).

                    American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328.

                    Phone: 856-694-2887,

                    Fax 856-694-2288 http://americanvegan.org

                    Reservations are requested by April 7; thereafter phone for seating availability.

                    VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                    Thursday April 24, 7pm

                    Cherry Hill Public Library, Conference Center, 1100 Kings Highway N, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034,

                    856-667-0300, info@...

                    Subject:  Benefits of a Plant-based Diet

                    Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                    This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend! Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided! To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    VSSJ TABLING at the Cherry Hill Earth Festival

                    Saturday April 26, 10am-2pm (rain or shine)

                    Croft Farm – 100 Bortons Mill Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034.

                    Celebrate Cherry Hill Township and Sustainable Cherry Hill’s commitment to educating and engaging residents, children, students and businesses about how sustainability affects our environment, health & wellness, economy and more. Free admission.

                    www.sustainablecherryhill.org/get-involved/earth-day-festival

                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                    Date TBD

                    1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719,

                    kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                    Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                    Please RSVP by TBD to VSSJ:  thevssj@... or

                    609-848-VEG1 (8341),

                    or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                    For all VSSJ retaurant trips: Reservations must be placed with VSSJ, at least 24 hours before the event.  Out of fairness to the restaurant, cancellations are requested at least 24 hours in advance.  Please plan to pay in cash.  When we dine at non-vegetarian restaurants, only vegetarian dishes may be ordered.

                    VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & RECIPE SWAP

                    Saturday May 17, 6:30pm

                    Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                    Bring your favorite recipe!

                    VSSJ members:  $2; $4 family; Non-members:  $5; $10 family (to cover hall rental).

                    Please bring a vegan dish that serves at least 6 with a list of the ingredients or the recipe, as well as your own place setting, eating utensils & serving spoons.

                    Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us

                    at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                    American Vegan Society (AVS) Annual Vegan Garden Party

                    Sunday May 25, Noon

                    AVS Headquarters, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328.

                    Noon: Outdoor Lunch; Program:  2pm; AVS Books Room Sale 11am-6pm:  Books, DVDs, Videos, and Posters.

                    Register by May 21.

                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 28, 2014

                        VSSJ COOKING CLASS

                        Saturday May 3, 3pm

                        Marlton NJ 08053

                        Back by popular demand, Dr. Janet Erickson, President of VSSJ, will be facilitating this class, "I created some great nutritionally-packed recipes that are both simple and delicious!" Everything is completely meat-free without dairy or eggs (vegan). Enjoy plenty of sampling!

                        Space is limited, so register now to reserve a spot. Pre-payment is required.

                        After April 28, call to see if space is available. For more info, please call Janet at 856-596-3269, or send email to thevssj@....

                        Price: VSSJ members: $20; Non-members: $25. Register online by May 2, or send a check to: VSSJ, PO Box 51, Mt Laurel NJ, 08054.  Checks must be received by May 1.

                        Once registered, you will receive details through email - please include your phone number when registering.

                        VEGETARIAN NEIGHBORS POTLUCK

                        Saturday May 10, 4pm

                        Hosted by John & Betsy Waterhouse,
                        31 Willow Lane, Pittsgrove, NJ 08318

                        See organic garden & greenhouses!

                        Vegetarian Neighbors is part of the Vegetarian Society of South Jersey (VSSJ).

                        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                        An RSVP is requested for this event. For more info, contact Gayle at 413-522-8258.

                        VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & RECIPE SWAP

                        Saturday May 17, 6:30pm

                        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.
                        Bring your favorite recipe!

                        VSSJ members: $2; $5 family; Non-members: $5; $12 family
                        (to cover hall rental)

                        Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at
                        the steeple.

                        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                        American Vegan Society (AVS) Annual Garden Party

                        Sunday May 25, Noon

                        More info at http://americanvegan.org

                        AVS, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga, NJ 08328, 856-694-2887

                        VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA’s KITCHEN

                        Sunday June 1, 2pm

                        1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                        Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                        Please RSVP by 5/29 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341), or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                        Please review the VSSJ restaurant guidelines below.

                        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                        Thursday June 5, 6:30 pm

                        Margaret E. Heggan Public Library, 606 Delsea Dr, Sewell NJ 08080

                        Subject: Spring into a Healthy Summer - Plant-Based Diet, Seasonal Exercises, Healthy Hydration, “Cool” Lifestyle Recommendations

                        Presenter: Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

                        Sample healthy snacks and browse VSSJ literature table!

                        Advance phone or online registration is required.

                        Please call 856-589-3334 or go to Events at hegganlibrary.org.

                        To volunteer or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                        VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

                        Sunday June 8, 1 pm

                        Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

                        Join VSSJ for a potluck picnic at this Burlington County park that has several miles of nice hiking trails plus historic buildings. We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

                        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                        VSSJ members: FREE; non-members: $2, $5 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

                        To RSVP or for more info, please email thevssj@... or
                        609-848-VEG1 (834
                        1).

                        FOR ALL VSSJ POTLUCKS:

                        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients.  Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution.  To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings).  Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times.  Please make sure to check in at the door when you arrive.

                        Message 11 of 30 , May 31, 2014

                          FOR ALL VSSJ EVENTS:

                          Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as “members only”. Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on our website (on the left side) to add your name.  Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

                          VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                          Sunday June 1, 2pm

                          1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                          Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                          Please RSVP by 5/29 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341), or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

                          *Please review restaurant guidelines below.

                          VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                          Thursday June 5, 6:30pm

                          Margaret E. Heggan Public Library

                          606 Delsea Dr, Sewell NJ 08080

                          Presenter: Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center in NJ, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                          Please call 856-589-3334 or go to Events at hegganlibrary.org

                          To volunteer or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                          VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

                          Sunday June 8, 1 pm

                          Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

                          Join VSSJ for a potluck picnic at this Burlington County park, which is woodsy and has several miles of nice hiking trails plus historic buildings.  We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

                          *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                          VSSJ members: FREE; non-members:  $2, $5 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

                          To RSVP or for more info, please email thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                          VSSJ TABLING - Burlington County Earth Fair

                          Sunday June 22, 10:30am-4pm

                          Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

                          VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup.  Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                          VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

                          FRIDAY JUNE 27, 6:30PM, MARLTON, NJ. Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more. Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members. To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                          Message 12 of 30 , Jul 17, 2014

                            VSSJ LATE LUNCH at GREEN MEDLEY

                            Saturday July 19, 2pm
                            1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057
                            Join VSSJ for a trip to this vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant.
                            Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines.
                            Please RSVP to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) by Thursday, July 17.

                            VSSJ MEMBERS ONLY POTLUCK and GAME NIGHT

                            Saturday July 26, 4pm
                            Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough, NJ 08068
                            Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines.
                            We'll have a bunch of games, but feel free to bring one you'd like to play.
                            VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck.
                            The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12 not be included in this event.
                            Space is limited, so please RSVP by 7/24 to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                            VSSJ BUSINESS MEETINGS

                            Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more. Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members. Next meeting: Friday August 1, 6:30pm, Cherry Hill, NJ. To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                            FARMER’S MARKET INFORMATIONAL TABLING

                            Fridays, 11am-3pm
                            Whole Foods Market, Rt 73, Marlton NJ 08053.
                            VOLUNTEERS NEEDED to help at VSSJ's information table.
                            Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 17, 2014

                              VSSJ MEMBERS ONLY POTLUCK

                              Saturday August 23, 4pm-8pm

                              Judi & Marc's house, Marlton, NJ 08053

                              Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                              VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck.

                              The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12

                              not be included in this event.

                              Please bring a place setting.

                              Space is limited, so please RSVP by 8/21 to thevssj@... or

                              609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                              VSSJ MEMBERS ONLY POTLUCK and GAME NIGHT

                              Saturday September 6, 4pm

                              Lorraine & Steve's house, Pemberton Borough, NJ 08068

                              Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                              We'll have a bunch of games, but feel free to bring one you'd like to play.

                              VSSJ members only. No fee for this potluck.

                              The hosts are respectfully requesting that children under 12

                              not be included in this event.

                              Space is limited, so please RSVP by 9/4 to thevssj@... or

                              609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                              VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

                              Saturday September 13, 1pm

                              Long Bridge Park, Pavilion 3, Deacon Rd & Mt Holly Bypass (Rt 541), Hainesport, NJ 08036

                              Join VSSJ for our annual potluck picnic at this Burlington County park,

                              which is woodsy and has several miles of nice hiking trails.  We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

                              Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                              Members:  $1; non-members:  $3, $8 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

                              Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                              To RSVP or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                              VSSJ DINNER at WILDFLOWER EARTHLY VEGAN FARE

                              Friday September 19, 7pm

                              501 N High St, Village on High, Millville, NJ 08332, http://wildflowervegan.com

                              Join VSSJ for a trip to this all-vegan restaurant in Millville's Glasstown Arts District on Millville's Third Friday - art exhibitions, live music, theatre, dining, and shopping.

                              Please RSVP by 9/17 to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                              VSSJ/CJVG EARLY DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                              (tentative) Saturday September 27, 4pm

                              1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com

                              Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual

                              fall trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegan restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

                              Please RSVP (required) by 9/25 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or

                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 31, 2014

[...]

                                Wellness 2014
                                A Full Day Symposium to Promote Wellness & Prevent Disease

                                Sunday September 14
                                Fox EDU Center, 7 Carnegie Plaza, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
                                Featuring nationally acclaimed and recognized authorities sharing cutting-edge insight to keep you healthy, vital and vibrant.
                                Speakers: Suzanne Somers, Dr. Mark Hyman, T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Allan Magaziner, Dr. Scott Greenberg, and Dr. Michael Smith.
                                VSSJ will be tabling at this event.
                                View the event announcement. (MS Word)
                                See http://wellness2014.com for details and to register.

                                Message 15 of 30 , Sep 22, 2014

                                  Vegetarian Support Group

                                  Wednesday September 24, 6pm
                                  ShopRite of Washington Twp., 382 Egg Harbor Rd, Sewell, NJ 08080.
                                  Have you ever thought about going towards a vegetarian diet?  Come to learn about the benefits of eating less animal products, meet long time vegetarians and try delicious food. No animals harmed!
                                  VSSJ will be participating in this event.
                                  For more info: 856-405-5425 or Samantha.O'Toole@...

                                  VSSJ/CJVG EARLY DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

                                  Saturday September 27, 4pm
                                  1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com
                                  Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual fall trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegan restaurant with eclectic cuisine.
                                  Please RSVP (required) by 9/25 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or
                                  609-848-VEG1 (8341), or to CJVG: 908-281-6388

                                  VSSJ WORLD VEGETARIAN DAY DINNER at GREEN MEDLEY

                                  Wednesday October 1, 6:30pm
                                  1560 Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ 08057
                                  Join VSSJ for a trip to this vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant to celebrate World Vegetarian Day.
                                  Please review the VSSJ Restaurant Trip Guidelines below.
                                  Please RSVP to thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) by Monday, September 29.

                                  VSSJ TABLING - Stratford Fall Festival

                                  Saturday October 4, 10am-4pm
                                  Stratford, NJ 08084
                                  VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                  VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & VEGAN CHILI CONTEST

                                  Saturday October 18, 6:30pm
                                  Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
                                  The chili contest is optional. If you would like to participate, please bring enough chili to feed 6 people, and your recipe or ingredient list.
                                  Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.
                                  VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).
                                  Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!
                                  Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.
                                  VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.
                                  To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                  Jersey Harvest Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society

                                  Monday October 20 & Tuesday October 21, 6:30pm
                                  Academy of Culinary Arts, Mays Landing NJ.
                                  Choose either night to experience a meal of exceptional quality prepared and served by culinary students under the direction of their chef-educators. Dinner music TBA.
                                  Reserve by October 11.
                                  Phone 856 694-2887, or visit www.americanvegan.org for more info and to register.

                                  For all VSSJ potlucks:

                                  Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution.  To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!  Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 10, 2014

                                    Upcoming Events

                                    VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & VEGAN CHILI CONTEST

                                    Saturday October 18, 6:30pm

                                    Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                                    The chili contest is optional. If you would like to participate, please bring enough chili to feed 6 people, and your recipe or ingredient list.

                                    Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                    VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                    Be green: $1 discount ($3 family discount) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                    Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

                                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                    To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                    VSSJ TABLING - Four Seasons Health Fair

                                    Saturday October 18, 9am-noon

                                    Columbus, NJ 08022

                                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                    Jersey Harvest Dinner - Hosted by the American Vegan Society

                                    Monday October 20 & Tuesday October 21, 6:30pm

                                    Academy of Culinary Arts, Mays Landing NJ.

                                    Choose either night to experience a meal of exceptional quality prepared and served by culinary students under the direction of their chef-educators. Dinner music TBA.

                                    Reserve by October 11.

                                    Phone 856 694-2887, or visit www.americanvegan.org for more info and to register.

                                    VSSJ TABLING - Sustainable Cherry Hill Food Day

                                    Thursday October 30, 6pm-9pm

                                    The Unitarian Universalist Church, 401 N Kings Hwy, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

                                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup.  Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                    VSSJ WORLD VEGAN DAY - Event TBD

                                    Saturday November 1 (tentative), time TBD

                                    Venue TBD

                                    Join VSSJ in celebrating World Vegan Day.

                                    VSSJ ANNUAL THANKSGIVING POTLUCK & VEGAN BAKE SALE

                                    Saturday November 22, 4pm

                                    Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1308 Burlington-Mt Holly Rd (Rte 541), Burlington, NJ 08016

                                    Music:  TBD

                                    Vegan bake sale:  to benefit The Cow Sanctuary (http://thecowsanctuary.org), Bridgeton, NJ.  Contributions welcome!

                                    Please bring a non-dessert dish to the potluck.

                                    Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines.

                                    VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                    Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup, cleanup, and to bake.

                                    To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                    GENTLE VEGAN THANKSGIVING COMMUNITY FEAST

                                    Thursday November 27, noon

                                    Co-sponsored by VSSJ

                                    Milton & Betty Katz JCC

                                    501 N Jerome Ave, Margate, NJ 08402, 609-822-1167, jccatlantic.org

                                    Learn how being more compassionate to animals is a healthy choice for you and the planet.  Many people have chosen to celebrate a more gentle holiday as vegan events are growing across the country.  Vegans and non-vegans, everyone welcome!

                                    Thanksgiving inspired dishes cruelty-free vegan cuisine (Dietary laws observed) Special guest appearances by regional vegan chefs, authors and advocates Raffle and silent auction(Funds raised for animal sanctuaries and shelters, and the Katz JCC scholarship program.)

                                    Tickets on sale now at the JCC Box Office:

                                    Before November 1, $30 Adults / $15 Children 12 and under After November 1, $35 Adults / $20 Children 12 and under $5 Discount for Seniors, Students, VSSJ & JCC MembersFor more information or to purchase tickets, contact Julie Fink at 609-822-1167, x159 or jfink@....  Reserve by November 20.

                                    For all VSSJ potlucks:

                                    Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat. VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Be green: $1 discount ($3 family discount) if you bring reusable place settings! Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 16, 2014

                                      VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER & VEGAN CHILI CONTEST                           Saturday October 18, 6:30pm
                                      Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053
                                      The chili contest is optional. If you would like to participate, please arrive by 6:15pm, and bring enough chili to feed at least 6 people, plus your recipe or ingredient list.
                                      **Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below
                                      VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).
                                      Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!
                                      Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.
                                      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.
                                      To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                      VSSJ TABLING - Four Seasons Health Fair                                             Saturday October 18, 9am-noon
                                      Columbus, NJ 08022
                                      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                      Jersey Harvest Dinner - Hosted by the American VeganSociety                                                                          Monday October 20, 6:30pm - call for seating availability, and Tuesday October 21, 6:30pm - SOLD OUT - call for waiting list.                           Academy of Culinary Arts, Mays Landing NJ.                                        Choose either night to experience a meal of exceptional quality prepared and served by culinary students under the direction of their chef-educators. Dinner music for both evenings: Dr Lou - Jazz, Seasonal, Big Band.  Phone 856 694-2887 for more info and to register.

                                      VSSJ TABLING - Sustainable Cherry Hill Food Day                            Thursday October 30, 6pm-9pm                                                                     The Unitarian Universalist Church, 401 N Kings Hwy, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341)

                                      Music,   Vegan bake sale: to benefit The Cow Sanctuary (http://thecowsanctuary.org), Bridgeton, NJ. Contributions welcome! Please bring a non-dessert dish to the potluck. Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelinesVSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental). Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup, cleanup, and to bake. To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Jan 1

                                        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                                        Wednesday January 7, 7pm

                                        Mount Laurel Library

                                        100 Walt Whitman Avenue, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 | 856-234-7319 | mtlaurel.lib.nj.us

                                        Subject:  January:  Holiday Recovery Time

                                        Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

                                        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

                                        Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided!

                                        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                        VSSJ POTLUCK DINNER and GIFT SWAP

                                        Saturday January 31, 7pm

                                        Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)

                                        16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057

                                        If you wish to participate in the gift swap, please bring an unwanted (and unwrapped) gift in new condition.  Recommended value:  $10-$30.

                                        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                        VSSJ members:  $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                        Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                        VSSJ VALENTINE'S DAY "SOUPY SALES" POTLUCK DINNER

                                        Saturday February 14, 6:30pm

                                        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                                        Vegan soup sale and vegan chocolate sampling to benefit

                                        Have-A-Heart Guinea Pig Rescue  (http://petfinder.com/shelters/NJ250.html).

                                        Soup contributions for the soup sale are welcome!  Please note that a soup contribution is in addition to your potluck contribution. Please bring a ladle; VSSJ will have extra containers for soup, and supply the chocolate.

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Jan 18

                                          VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER and GIFT SWAP

                                          Saturday January 31, 7pm

                                          Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)

                                          16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057

                                          If you wish to participate in the gift swap, please bring an unwanted (and unwrapped) gift in new condition. Recommended value: $10-$30.

                                          *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                          VSSJ members:  $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                          Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                          VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                          To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                          VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

                                          Friday February 6, 6:30pm

                                          Marlton

                                          Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more.  Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members. To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                                          VSSJ TABLING - Cherry Hill Mall

                                          (tentative) Saturday February 7, Time TBD

                                          2000 Rt 38, Cherry Hill NJ 08002

[...]

                                          Monday February 23, 6:30pm

                                          Collingswood Public Library

                                          771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108 | 856-858-0649 | http://collingswoodlib.org

                                          Subject: GMOs in our food supply

                                          Summary: Living a predominately plant-based lifestyle is a better choice for our planet, our body, and our conscience.  Yet, if we are not mindful of the kind of plants we consume and the degradation of our food supply through genetic engineering, our health and that of our environment will suffer the consequences. VSSJ joins with members of GMOFreeNJ in hosting a presentation on the dangers of GMOs in our food supply with a screening of Jeffrey Smith's seminal documentary on genetic engineering entitled "Genetic Roulette, The Gamble of Our Lives".

                                          Presenters:  Barbara Thomas and Keith Monahan of GMOFree New Jersey.

                                          This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

                                          Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided!

                                          To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                          VSSJ/Vegetarian Neighbors Vegan Cuisine Night

                                          Tuesday February 24 2015 at 6pm

                                          Eric's Restaurant, 98 S West Avenue (West & Chestnut) Vineland NJ 08360

                                          Adult: $34, Student/Low Income: $24, Supporter $50. Prices include gratuity.

                                          Reserve by February 17 at www.AmericanVegan.org or 856-694-2887.

                                          VSSJ DINNER* at JB MASTER GRILL

                                          Tuesday March 3, 6pm

                                          13 Jackson Rd, Medford NJ 08055, http://jbmastergrill.com

                                          Join VSSJ for a restaurant trip to this restaurant with a separate vegan menu, including a gluten-free option.

                                          *Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines.

                                          RSVP (required) by 3/1:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                          VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER

                                          Sunday March 15, 2pm

                                          Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)

                                          16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057

                                          Send in your suggestions on how to celebrate the Great American Meatout with VSSJ!

                                          *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                          VSSJ members:  $3; $8 family; Non-members:  $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                          Be green:  get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                          VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                          To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                          Save the Animals Foundation (STAF) 13th Annual Bucket Auction

                                          Thursday March 19, Doors Open:  6:30pm, Drawings:  8pm

                                          Washington Twp High School, Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd, Sewell NJ, in the 9-10 Cafeteria.

                                          Great prizes, including spay/neuter certificates from local veterinarians, tickets to concerts and theaters, passes to museums and gardens, dog and cat gift baskets, books, gift certificates from restaurants and stores, t-shirts, bowling and skating parties, and so much more.  There will also be a 50/50 contest and door prizes.  Admission $10, payable at the door includes a sheet of "Great" prize tickets.  Additional tickets may be purchased inside for $5 per sheet, as well as tickets for "Super" prizes at 2 for $1 and "Grand" prizes for $1 each.  All items are donated and all proceeds will directly benefit local animals.  For more information, contact mkoplow@... or call 856-853-1847.

                                          VSSJ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS to bake for the Vegan Bake Sale and help with our literature table at this wonderful event.  Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) if you can help.  Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.

                                          For all VSSJ events:

                                          Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as members only.  Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.  Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Jan 28

                                            VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER and GIFT SWAP

                                            Saturday January 31, 7pm

                                            Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)

                                            16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057

                                            If you wish to participate in the gift swap, please bring an unwrapped gift in new condition. Recommended value: $10-$30.

                                            *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                            VSSJ members:  $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                            Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                            VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                            To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                            VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

                                            Friday February 6, 6:30pm

                                            Whole Foods Market, 1558 N Kings Hwy, Cherry Hill NJ 08034

                                            To RSVP or for more info: thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                                            VSSJ TABLING - Cherry Hill Mall

                                            (tentative) Saturday February 7, Time TBD

                                            2000 Rt 38, Cherry Hill NJ 08002

                                            VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                            VSSJ VALENTINE'S DAY "SOUPY SALES" POTLUCK* DINNER

                                            Saturday February 14, 6:30pm

                                            Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

                                            Vegan Soup Sale and Chocolate Sampling to Benefit

                                            Have-A-Heart Guinea Pig Rescue  (http://petfinder.com/shelters/NJ250.html).

                                            Soup contributions for the soup sale are welcome! Please note that a soup contribution is in addition to your potluck contribution. Please bring a ladle; VSSJ will have extra containers for soup, and supply the chocolate.

                                            *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

                                            VSSJ members: $3; $8 family; Non-members: $6; $15 family (to cover hall rental).

                                            Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

                                            Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

                                            VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

                                            To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or

                                            609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                            VSSJ LUNCH* at B.GOOD

                                            Sunday February 22, 4pm

                                            500 Rte 73 S (The Promenade at Sagemore), Suite E-2, Marlton NJ 08053, http://bgood.com/

                                            Join VSSJ for a restaurant trip to this restaurant with a number of vegetarian and vegan items, including gluten-free options.

                                            *Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines below.

                                            RSVP (required) by February 21: thevssj@... or
[...]

                                            Join VSSJ for a restaurant trip to this restaurant with a separate vegan menu, including gluten-free options.

                                            *Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines below.

                                            RSVP (required) by March 1:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                            VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER

                                            Sunday March 15, 2pm

[...]

                                            JERSEY SHORE VEGETARIANS LUNCH AT CELINA'S MULBERRY MARKET & GRILLE

                                            Sunday March 22, 1pm

                                            68 W Jimmie Leeds Rd, Sunrise Plaza, Galloway, NJ 08205, celinascafe.com

                                            Join the Jersey Shore Vegetarians (a VSSJ chapter) for lunch. Celina's has a vegetarian section on their lunch menu, with vegan options.

                                            Followed by an optional drive/walk at the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge.

                                            RSVP (required) to Barbara by March 20: mathinmotion2@... or 215-840-1190.

                                            For VSSJ Events:

                                            Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as members only.  Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name. Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

                                            *For VSSJ Potlucks:

                                            Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat. VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings! Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please check in when you arrive.

                                            Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.

                                            Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

                                            Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

                                            *For VSSJ Restaurant Trips:

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Feb 9

[...]

                                              Friday March 6, 6:30pm

                                              Marlton

[...]

                                              Monday March 23, 6:30pm

                                              Subject: TBA

                                              This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!
                                              Vegetarian starter kits and food samples will be provided!
                                              To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@...

                                              or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                              Spring Celebration Dinner - Hosted by American Vegan Society

                                              Monday March 30 & Tuesday March 31, 6:30pm

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Feb 23

                                                VSSJ needs volunteers to bake for the Vegan Bake Sale and help with our literature table. Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) if you can help. Or just come and buy some goodies to help the animals.

                                                JERSEY SHORE VEGETARIANS LUNCH AT CELINA'S MULBERRY MARKET & GRILLE

                                                Sunday March 22, 1pm

                                                68 W Jimmie Leeds Rd, Sunrise Plaza, Galloway, NJ 08205, celinascafe.com

                                                Join the Jersey Shore Vegetarians (a VSSJ chapter) for lunch. Celina's has a vegetarian section on their lunch menu, with vegan options.

                                                Followed by an optional drive/walk at the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge.

                                                RSVP (required) to Barbara by 3/20: mathinmotion2@... or 215-840-1190.

                                                VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

                                                Monday March 23, 6:30pm

                                                Collingswood Public Library, 771 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108, 856-858-0649 http://collingswoodlib.org

                                                Subject: "Spring Into Health"

                                                Presenter: Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia and at Rowan University.

                                                American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328, Phone: 856-694-2887, Fax 856-694-2288, http://americanvegan.org

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Today at 3:08 PM

                                                  VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

                                                  Friday March 6, 6:30pm

                                                  Marlton

                                                  Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more.  Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members.    To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

                                                  VSSJ DINNER* at JB MASTER GRILL - New Date

                                                  Tuesday March 10, 6pm

                                                  13 Jackson Rd, Medford NJ 08055, http://jbmastergrill.com

                                                  Join VSSJ for a restaurant trip to this restaurant with a separate vegan menu, including gluten-free options.

                                                  *Please review the VSSJ restaurant trip guidelines below.

                                                  RSVP (required) by March 8:  thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

                                                  VSSJ POTLUCK* DINNER

                                                  Sunday March 15, 2pm

                                                  Subject:  "Spring Into Health" Summary:  Easy ways to increase your energy with diet, activity, and lifestyle changes  Presenter:  Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia and at Rowan University.