Upcoming Events

    Message 1 of 40 , Apr 10, 2011
      VSSJ UPCOMING EVENTS:

      ANNUAL SPRING POTLUCK*, RECYCLE SWAP PARTY, & VEGAN BAKE SALE
      Saturday April 16, 6pm
      Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08054.
      Celebrate Earth Day by bringing your gently used items to swap.
      We will also be holding a vegan bake sale with all proceeds going to EarthSave.
      Please bring a main dish to the potluck.
      If you would like to donate to the bake sale, please bring something for that as well.
      Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family.
      Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.
      For more info: janet@...

      HERE COMES SUMMER "ICE CREAM" SOCIAL POTLUCK*, DEMO,
      & VEGAN BAKE SALE (benefiting The Cow Sanctuary)
      Saturday May 21, 6pm
      Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08054.
      Presentation about benefits of a dairy-free lifestyle.
      Enjoy samples of frozen desserts with toppings.
      We will be holding a vegan bake sale with all proceeds going to Helga's Cow Sanctuary, Shiloh, NJ (thecowsanctuary.org). Helga Tacreiter will be speaking about the sanctuary.
      Members: $2 single; $4 family; and Non-members: $5 single; $10 family.
      Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.
      For more info: janet@...

      STEVE'S VEGAN** POTLUCK
      Saturday June 11, 6pm
      693 5th St, Atco NJ
      RSVP required: 856-767-8807
      The host is respectfully requesting that children not be included in this event.
      Please bring a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people.

      For all VSSJ potlucks: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. Please bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings) to promote recycling.
      Beverages are provided.
      * Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
      ** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.
      Please check your e-mail on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo e-mail list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on the left to add your name.
      Contact Myrna at 1-877-WWW-VSSJ (877-999-8775) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

      VEGGIE EVENTS SPONSORED BY OTHER GROUPS:

      FULL MOON DINNER BUFFET
      Tuesday May 3, 6:30 pm
      5:45pm optional Tour of Kitchens and Greenhouse (at no cost)
      Carême's Gourmet Restaurant at the Academy of Culinary Arts Atlantic Cape
      Community College.
      Find Carême's by the on-campus bus stop, Bldg M, Atlantic Cape Community College
      5100 Black Horse Pike (Rt. 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330.
      Treat Mom to an exquisite evening. Prepared and served by culinary students.
      Reservations due by April 25.
      Adult: $26
      Students/Low Income: $16
      Supporter: $50
      Prices listed include gratuities
      Make reservations with American Vegan Society.
      Pay with cash, check, or credit card by mail, phone, or fax.
      AVS, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328
      Phone: 856-694-2887, Fax: 856-694-2288
      Menus will be posted at http://www.americanvegan.org.

      KAYA'S KITCHEN DINNER
      Saturday May 14, 5pm
      1000 Main St, Belmar NJ (732-280-1141).
      Eclectic cuisine.
      RSVP to Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG): 908-281-6388.

      AMERICAN VEGAN SOCIETY ANNUAL MEETING GARDEN PARTY
      Sunday May 29, 12:00 Noon
      AVS HQ, 56 Dinshah Ln, Malaga NJ 08328.
      Ph: 856-694-2887, Fax: 856-694-2288.
      Speakers: Amie Hamlin, Executive Director of New York Coalition for Healthy School Food will speak on "Healthy School Foods: Success Stories from New York State" (http://www.healthylunches.org) and Jay Mankita, singer-songwriter, will perform, including songs from his CD "Eat Like A Rainbow" (http://www.jaymankita.com).
      Acoustic guitar music will be provided by Reid Alburger. Details TBA.
      Watch http://www.americanvegan.org.
      For more info contact Freya at Ph: 856-694-2887, Fax: 856-694-2288.
    • Vegetarian-Society-of-South-Jersey-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 7 11:27 AM

        VSSJ LIBRARY DISPLAY -
        James H Johnson Memorial Library

        Month of February

        670 Ward Dr, Deptford Township, NJ 08096 | 856-848-9149 | deptfordpubliclibrary.org

        VSSJ has a display for the entire month.

        VSSJ VALENTINE'S DAY POTLUCK* DINNER

        Saturday February 13, 6:30pm

        Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 61 East Rt 70, Marlton NJ 08053

        Join VSSJ in celebrating Valentine's Day, and sample vegan chocolate!

        Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines.

        VSSJ members: $3 ($8 family); Non-members: $6 ($15 family) (to cover hall rental).

        Be green: get $1 off ($3 family) if you bring reusable place settings!

        Attendees should park in the front of the building and enter at the steeple.

        VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup.

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

        Vegan Dinner - hosted by the American Vegan Society

        Monday February 15 & Tuesday February 16, 6:30pm

        The American Vegan Society (AVS) will host this dinner at Carême’s, Academy of Culinary Arts, Atlantic Cape Community College, 5100 Black Horse Pike (Rt. 322), Mays Landing NJ 08330, http://www.atlantic.edu (Carême's is by the on-campus bus stop, in Bldg M.)

        American Vegan Society, PO Box 369, Malaga NJ 08328, Phone: 856-694-2887, Fax 856-694-2288, http://americanvegan.org

        VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

        Monday February 22, 7pm

        Woodbury Public Library

        33 Delaware St, Woodbury, NJ 08096, 856-845-2611 http://woodburylibrary.org/

        Subject: Suburban Farming for a CSA

        Presenter: Julie Pierre, Suburban Farmer at Our Yards Farm

        Summary: Our Yards Farm is a suburban farm and CSA; the first of its kind! Based out of Audubon, NJ, it is one of the first CSAs in Camden County. Come out and find out what a CSA farm is and how farming in the suburbs works. Everyday the US loses over 3000 acres of farmland due to development, yet our population is growing exponentially.  In the last 20 years alone, the US has lost over 8% of its farmland to suburban sprawl. So how can we sustainably provide healthy, affordable, local food to our country when our farmland is disappearing? Our Yards Farm believes part of the solution is through suburban farming.

        This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

        Vegetarian starter kits will be provided!

        To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1(8341).

        For all VSSJ potlucks

        Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list

        of ingredients. To ensure there is enough food for everyone, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat. VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution. To promote recycling (and save you money), VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (extra place settings will be available). For safety reasons, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times. Please make sure to check in when you arrive.

        Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.