VSSJ Member Looking for Volunteer to Come to Florida

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2009
      Request from VSSJ Member:

      I am looking for a volunteer to come to Florida with me, as I am entering a drug trial for stage IV cancer. I would pay the flight when flying with me and for the hotel room (they would stay with me) and any vegan meal that they would be preparing for me. I would also rent a car for them. They can do whatever they would like while I am in the hospital for treatment. I would need them to make me my meals, juice for me and make sure I do not get weak, by making sure I am hydrated, as well as food shopping. If I am not feeling well, I would want them to stay in with me. If I am fine, then they can run off on their own. If you're interested, please contact thinkgreencooking@...

      Treatment days are as follows: 11/12-11/19, flying in the day before and out the day of treatment or the day after; again on 11/23, flights being the same (day before and of or after for home); again on 12/2-12/6, and it continues into the 2nd cycle. The 2nd cycle as well as the rest, I only need to go to Florida 1 day per week 3 weeks in a row. Please remember, I do not know how I will be flying or staying the first cycle, as they want me there a lot. I could be there the entire 21 days or fly back and forth.

      2nd cycle:
      12/10, 12/21, 12/28 flying the day before treatment and coming home after the treatment or the next day.

      3rd cycle:
      12/31, 1/11, 1/18: could be staying from 12/28-12/31 or 1/1 , as the treatment is so close

      4th cycle
      1/21, 2/1, 2/8 same as above for treatment that is close together.

      goes into 5th cycle and so on....