557VSSJ Upcoming Events

    May 22, 2014

      FOR ALL VSSJ EVENTS:

      Everyone is welcome! VSSJ events are open to the public, except when noted as “members only”. Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our Yahoo email list, please click on the "Mailing List" link on our website (on the left side) to add your name.  Please contact VSSJ at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341) for additional information, directions, or to volunteer.

      VSSJ/CJVG DINNER at KAYA'S KITCHEN

      Sunday June 1, 2pm

      1000 Main St, Belmar NJ 07719, kayaskitchenbelmar.com

      Join VSSJ and the Central Jersey Vegetarian Group (CJVG) for our annual spring trip to this shore favorite - an all-vegetarian restaurant with eclectic cuisine.

      Please RSVP by 5/29 to VSSJ: thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341), or to CJVG: 908-281-6388.

      *Please review restaurant guidelines below.

      VSSJ FREE LECTURE SERIES

      Thursday June 5, 6:30pm

      Margaret E. Heggan Public Library

      606 Delsea Dr, Sewell NJ 08080

      Subject: Spring into a Healthy Summer - Plant-Based Diet, Seasonal Exercises, Healthy Hydration, “Cool” Lifestyle Recommendations

      Presenter: Jim Ronga, DC, chiropractic health care practitioner at the Haddonfield Chiropractic Center in NJ, and adjunct professor at Peirce College in Philadelphia.

      This event is FREE and open to the public, so invite a friend!

      Sample healthy snacks and browse VSSJ literature table!

      Advance phone or online registration is required

      Please call 856-589-3334 or go to Events at hegganlibrary.org

      To volunteer or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

      VSSJ POTLUCK PICNIC

      Sunday June 8, 1 pm

      Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

      Join VSSJ for a potluck picnic at this Burlington County park, which is woodsy and has several miles of nice hiking trails plus historic buildings.  We'll have a covered pavilion, so this event is rain or shine.

      *Please review the VSSJ potluck guidelines below.

      VSSJ members: FREE; non-members:  $2, $5 family (to cover pavilion reservation fee).

      To RSVP or for more info, please email thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

      VSSJ TABLING - Burlington County Earth Fair

      Sunday June 22, 10:30am-4pm

      Historic Smithville Park, 803 Smithville Rd, Eastampton, NJ 08060

      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup of VSSJ's table, distributing literature, and cleanup.  Please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).

      VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING

      Friday JUNE 27, 6:30PM, MARLTON, NJ. Discussion of future events, opportunities to get involved, and more. Tell us what you want to see from the group. Open to all members. To RSVP or for more info, please contact thevssj@... or Janet at 856-596-3269.

      *FOR ALL VSSJ POTLUCKS:

      Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients.  Because of past issues with people not having enough to eat, please bring at least as much as your family is going to eat.  VSSJ provides beverages, so please provide a food contribution.  To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings).  Due to safety issues, children under 12 must be under parental supervision at all times.  Please make sure to check in at the door when you arrive.

      Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.

      Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.

      Not sure what to bring?  Easy options include:  garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités.  For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com.  Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.

      *FOR ALL VSSJ RETAURANT TRIPS:

      Reservations must be placed with VSSJ, at least 24 hours before the event.  Out of fairness to the restaurant, cancellations are requested at least 24 hours in advance.  Please plan to pay in cash. When we dine at non-vegetarian restaurants, only vegetarian dishes may be ordered.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic