- Nov 10, 2013View SourceSunday November 17, 2pm
Moorestown Community House (thecommunityhouse.com)
16 E Main St, Moorestown NJ 08057
Usually VSSJ's best-attended potluck. This year featuring:
- Live music by VSSJ member Reid Alburger
- Speaker: Jeffrey Pinto, D.O., drjeffreypinto.com. Subject: The Benefits of Plant Based Nutrition
- Bucket or Silent Auction to benefit Seer Farms (seerfarms.org), an animal sanctuary in Jackson, NJ.
- VSSJ member Myrna Weinstein will be selling her one-of-a-kind handmade jewelry. This is good quality jewelry at low prices. Cash or check only. 20% of the proceeds will be donated to Seer Farms.
- American Vegan Society (AVS) book table
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for setup and cleanup, starting at 12:30pm.
To volunteer, RSVP, or for more info, please contact us at thevssj@... or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).
For all VSSJ potlucks:Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a vegetarian* dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (vegan** dishes preferred so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food), along with the recipe or a list of ingredients. To promote recycling, VSSJ encourages you to bring your own plate, cup, and utensils if possible (we will have extra place settings). Beverages are provided.
* Vegetarian = No Meat, Fish, or Gelatin.
** Vegan = No Meat, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin, or Honey.
Not sure what to bring? Easy options include: garden salad, fruit salad, hummus with chips or crudités. For a list of recipe sites, visit http://recipes.njveg.com. Write us at thevssj@... for more suggestions.