370Viewing Party TEDx Changing the Way We Eat - Sat. Jan. 21

    Jan 19, 2012
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Amy Cook-Menzel <amenzel@...>
      To: 'amvegan@...' <amvegan@...>
      Sent: Fri, Jan 13, 2012 9:56 pm
      Subject: Join us for a viewing party for TEDx Changing the Way We Eat - Sat. Jan. 21

      ACUA along with Go Green Galloway and with the support of the South Jersey Chapter of Slow Food, will host a viewing party for the
      TEDxManhattan video broadcast of "Changing the Way We Eat."

      Join us at the Geo Building (Bldg #1) at ACUA's Environmental Park in Egg Harbor Township on Saturday, January 21 for this one-day TEDx event which will "explore our food system — from what happened, to where we are, to what we are doing to shift to a more sustainable way of eating and farming." The goal of "Changing the Way We Eat" is to create new synergies, connections and collaborations across disciplines, to unite different areas of the food movement and to introduce the TEDx audience to the exciting and innovative work being done in this field."

      The viewing party is an informal gathering - you are welcome to come for the whole day, or just to stop in to catch a part of it! A great variety of fantastic speakers will be broadcast all day, and during the breaks, there will be opportunities for discussion and to share information on local organizations and efforts to address improving our current food system!

      Bring a dish to share over the lunch break!

      For more information:
      www.tedxmanhattan.org
      www.facebook.com/tedxmanhattan
      @tedxmanhattan

      Please help us spread the word! RSVP to the Facebook event on ACUA's page and share with your contacts! http://www.facebook.com/acua.green

      PS - "like" us while you're there - good info on other environmental issues, information and events :)