171Upcoming VSSJ Events

    Dec 15, 2009

      HOLIDAY POTLUCK* PARTY AT LINDA'S, Saturday December 19, 5pm, Runnemede NJ.
      Great food, prizes, and a recycle raffle. (Bring an unwrapped gently used item if you would like to participate in the raffle). RSVP by Thursday December 17: carolyngithens@... or 856-456-1279. Linda is respectfully requesting
      that children not be included in this event. American Vegan Society (AVS) will have a selection of the newest vegetarian/vegan books for sale at the potluck dinner. Come with cash, checks,or a credit card and get your holiday shopping done early! And for a delightful shopping experience browse AVS' bulging bookshelves in Malaga NJ. Phone AVS at 856-694-2887 for hours and directions. Save the animals! Give gifts of health and compassionate living.

      ANNUAL NEW YEAR'S EVE POTLUCK* PARTY, Thursday December 31, 8pm, Marlton NJ.
      Join us for delicious food, games, and prizes. RSVP by Tuesday December 29:
      janet@... or 856-596-3269. If participating, please bring a gently used item for our Poker Party Chinese Auction on January 23.

      VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING, Friday January 8, 7pm (Dinner: 6:30pm-optional), Whole Foods Market, 940, Rt 73, Marlton NJ 08053, Store Phone: 856-797-1115. Anyone interested in becoming involved with our group is welcome to attend. In addition to other matters, we will be planning the VSSJ 25th Anniversary Celebration. For more info: carolyngithens@... or 856-456-1279.

      POKER POTLUCK* PARTY, Saturday January 23, 4pm. (Snow date: Sat. January 30), Pemberton NJ. Play poker, enjoy great food, and participate in our Chinese Auction. Please RSVP by Thursday January 21: lorrainebal@... or 609-726-1040. Lorraine is respectfully requesting that children not be included in this event.

      VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASSES • Wednesdays Jan 27 - Mar 17; 7-9pm, Gloucester City High School Community Education, 1300 Market St (Classroom C24), Gloucester City NJ. Learn to cook low fat, healthy, and economical vegetarian meals. Find out how to get protein and calcium from vegetables, grains, and legumes using no dairy products or eggs. Call 856-456-4250 x2153 to register.

      *Potluck Guidelines: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a dish to share that will feed at least 6 people. We request vegan (No dairy, eggs, gelatin or honey) dishes so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food. Please bring your recipe (or list of ingredients). Contact Myrna at 1-877-www-vssj for additional info. Check your e-mail on day of event for possibility of cancellation.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic