103VSSJ Upcoming Events

    Jun 16, 2009
      GLOUCESTER CITY FARMERS' MARKET • Sundays May 10-November 22, 10am-2pm, Gloucester City Marina, King St & Jersey Ave, Gloucester City NJ. VSSJ and American Vegan Society will be staffing an information and book table. To volunteer: carolyngithens@... or 856-456-1279.

      VSSJ BUSINESS MEETING • Friday June 26 • 6:00pm (Dinner: 5:30pm-optional), Whole Foods Market, 940 Rt 73, Marlton NJ 08053, Phone: 856-797-1115. Anyone interested in becoming involved with our group is welcome to attend. In addition to other matters, we will be planning the VSSJ 25th Anniversary Celebration. For more info: carolyngithens@... or 856-456-1279.

      13TH ANNUAL VEGGIEFEST • Saturday June 27 • 12-4pm, Hoopes Park, West Chester PA. Vegan food, vendors, children's events. To volunteer: allisoncares@... or 484-631-7878.

      "COW APPRECIATION DAY" POTLUCK* PICNIC IN THE PARK • Saturday July 18 • 1pm, Long Bridge Park, Hainesport NJ. (In the Large Pavilion near the Parking Lot. Entrances are on the Mt Holly Bypass, Rt 541 South & Deacon Rd - off Marne Hwy, Rt 537). Join us for a vegan potluck* picnic and enjoy extensive wooded walking trails. RSVP: lorrainebal@... by Thursday July 16. FREE for members, $2 non-members.

      MYUNG GA KOREAN RESTAURANT OUTING • Saturdy August 1 • 5:45pm, 404 Rt 70 East, Cherry Hill NJ 08034, Phone: 856-216-0090, http://www.myungga.us/. We will order off the menu (vegan options available). RSVP: thinkgreentoo@... or 856-863-1305 by Thursday July 30.

      LINDA'S POTLUCK* • Saturday August 15 • 6:30pm. Linda, a VSSJ member, is hosting a potluck* dinner at her home in Runnemede NJ. Bring a bathing suit if you would like to enjoy the jacuzzi. To RSVP: lindavholisticliving@... or 973-769-5828 by Thursday August 13. Linda is respectfully requesting that children not be included in this event and would very much appreciate your hoped-for understanding.

      TERRI'S POTLUCK* • Saturday September 26 • 4pm. Terri, a VSSJ member, is hosting a potluck* dinner at her home in Deptford NJ. RSVP: thinkgreentoo@... or 856-863-1305 by Thursday September 24. No shoes, please bring your inside slippers or non-slip socks will be available for all. If you wish, bring a floor pillow or chair. Terri is respectfully requesting that children not be included in this event.

      *FOR ALL POTLUCKS: Each individual in your party (with the exception of children under 12) brings a Vegan (No Meat, Dairy, Eggs, Gelatin or Honey) dish to share that will feed at least 6 people (we request vegan dishes so that all types of vegetarians may enjoy the food.) Please bring your own place setting and recipe (or list of ingredients) also. Contact Myrna At 1-877-WWW-VSSJ for additional information, directions or to volunteer. Please check your e-mail on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you're not on our yahoo e-mail list, please visit our website at www.vssj.com to add your name. Please bring your own plate, cup and utensils (if possible --we will have extra) to promote recycling.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic