New file uploaded to VanDeGraaffGenerator

  • VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 2, 2004
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
      group.

      File : /trumpVDGmeek.jpg
      Uploaded by : antivolt2 <tesla@...>
      Description : 500kV VDG design

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      antivolt2 <tesla@...>
    • VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 15 10:29 AM
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
        group.

        File : /vdg diagram.bmp
        Uploaded by : holmzy <holmzy@...>
        Description : DRAWING OF MODEL

        holmzy <holmzy@...>
      • VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 27 3:43 PM
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
          group.

          File : /NEW30KW.jpg
          Uploaded by : holmzy <holmzy@...>
          Description : this machine produces 30kw!!!!!

          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 28 2:33 PM
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
            group.

            File : /fe.zip
            Uploaded by : holmzy <holmzy@...>
            Description : 30K WATT GENERATOR

            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 21, 2006
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
              group.

              File : /FELICI1952.pdf
              Uploaded by : antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>
              Description : 10 years of research on electrostatics

              antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>
            • VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 21, 2006
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                group.

                File : /INTER.jpg
                Uploaded by : antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>
                Description : On the theory of charge collection in E. Generators

                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 10, 2006
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                  group.

                  File : /DOEsummaryofVDG.xls
                  Uploaded by : charlesbuthala <charlesbuthala@...>
                  Description : DOE of VDG Design From Calculator

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 5, 2007
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                    group.

                    File : /VDG Instruction Pages.pdf
                    Uploaded by : craigbfuller <craigbfuller@...>
                    Description : This is what I originally based my machine on.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 11, 2007
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                      group.

                      File : /VDG.doc
                      Uploaded by : charlesbuthala <charlesbuthala@...>
                      Description : VDGNo1

                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 21, 2009
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                        group.

                        File : /Grayco4's ideas/One Man's Heaven.doc
                        Uploaded by : grayco4 <grayco4@...>
                        Description : Just a little fun poetry

                        grayco4 <grayco4@...>
                      • VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 23, 2012
                          Hello,

                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                          group.

                          File : /Grayco4's ideas/triboelectric series.doc
                          Uploaded by : grayco4 <grayco4@...>
                          Description : A Triboelectric series

                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 7, 2012
                            Hello,

                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                            group.

                            File : /ESA Newsletter.pdf
                            Uploaded by : antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>
                            Description : Is Electrostatics a Winter's Sport ?

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 15, 2012
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                              group.

                              File : /How to make a VDG by F. Graff.pdf
                              Uploaded by : antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>
                              Description : F. Graff Design

                              You can access this file at the URL:

                              Regards,

                              antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>
                            • sandiapaul1941
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 15, 2012
                                Funny I read this and can't find anywhere where the belt material and source is mentioned....

                                I even used search for belt in the doc and don't see it.

                                Anyone know?

                                --- In VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com, VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                > Hello,

                                > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                                > group.
                                >
                                > File : /How to make a VDG by F. Graff.pdf
                                > Uploaded by : antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>
                                > Description : F. Graff Design
                                >
                                > You can access this file at the URL:

                                > Regards,
                                >
                                > antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>

                              • Richard Linder
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jun 15, 2012

                                  Paul:

                                  I think you have several issues going on at the same time. At some time you might be tempted to “divide and conquer” by testing or redesigning the basic triboelectric generating system, that is the belt and rollers. Once you are convinced the system is generating a respectable charging current you can then move on to troubleshooting the high voltage issue(s).

                                  Having said that, possibly some info about what I used might be helpful:

                                  My belt material is vinyl laminated nylon, 60” wide, 13oz, .0154” thick. McMaster 8810K123. Weldon #16 solvent cement will result in a fused and flexible splice. Since it is 60” wide you only have to buy a foot or two. It has an embossed pattern so it is easy to cut into strips and  the splice should be at an angle so it won’t cause a thump when it passes over the rollers. My final design for the big VDG uses a MDS filled Nylon bottom roller, McMaster 2889K13. The top roller is a white PVC pipe coupling with a hardwood core. This trio combination (6” wide belt) produces 50 microamperes at high speed.

                                  Take a look at “Dick’s VDG” specifically pictures #  21, 24, 25, 27, 28 and 29.  Pic #27 is my belt testing setup. It is actually the top and bottom of the big VDG with a short piece of PVC tube separating them.

                                  The belt material is almost stretch less so it runs well on a slightly crowned roller. The rollers might have to be adjusted with shims to make it run true  I used three adjustment screws which mad it an easy task.

                                  Hope this helps.

                                  Dick Linder

                                  href="http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/web/index.html">http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/web/index.html
                                  > Regards,
                                  >
                                  > antivolt2 <lbaum001@...>

                                • printeronretainer
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jun 15, 2012
                                    Paul:

                                    Re: Neoprene rubber source and comments about the article.

                                    I'd really like to help you with this neoprene issue, but: I got mine at a place called "Blue Collar Supply" in Sacramento years ago. It came in a 36" x 60" sheet for about $5, and was a temporary surplus item. I'll try to get down there and check if some of it has shown up again, then get back to you. I've used mine for several machines and only have a few aging scraps left.

                                    This stuff gave me the highest mA results of all the belt materials I had at my disposal, and I tried lots of materials in my test machine.

                                    Thanks for posting the article. The craftsmanship of his work is outstanding. I found it interesting, and although I agree the spark length is related to the size of the sphere, high current is necessary to quickly refresh the charge on the sphere. Perhaps Antonio can set me straight, but my feeling is that the sphere is merely acting as a modified capacitor, just like a Leyden Jar would on a Wimshurst.

                                    Also, I highly suggest that anyone who is drilling acrylic buy a set of drills designed to do the job. They cut through it like butter, with no melting or cracking. Those are available from http://www.tapplastics.com/ They also carry routers, saws, and large diameter acrylic tubes. They are a West Coast Company, but I'm sure you have a version of such stores in your area.

                                    ---Rob

                                    --- In VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com, "sandiapaul1941" <locolima@...> wrote:

                                    > Funny I read this and can't find anywhere where the belt material and source is mentioned....
                                    >
                                    > I even used search for belt in the doc and don't see it.
                                    >
                                    > Anyone know?
                                    >
                                    > --- In VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com, VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                    > >

                                    > > Hello,

                                    > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                                    > > group.
                                    > >
                                    > > File : /How to make a VDG by F. Graff.pdf
                                    > > Uploaded by : antivolt2 <lbaum001@>
                                    > > Description : F. Graff Design

                                    > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
                                    > > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/web/index.html
                                    > > Regards,
                                    > >
                                    > > antivolt2 <lbaum001@>

                                  • Lyonel Baum
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
                                      Oh yes Paul :

                                      Red Neoprene ( stretchy)

                                      Material: Red
                                      Thickness: .4 mm
                                      Length: 60 inches
                                      Width: 9 inches

                                      F. Graff sells this stuff on EBay.

                                      Message 18 of 24 , May 3, 2014
                                        Hello,

                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                                        group.

                                        File : /LINKS YOU MUST HAVE!!!.docx
                                        Uploaded by : carolinaantigravity@... <carolinaantigravity@...>
                                        Description : LINKS - SURVIVAL DOWNLOADS AND TOP SECRET FILES COLLECTIONS YOU MUST HAVE!!!

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Sep 12, 2014
                                          Hello,

                                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the VanDeGraaffGenerator
                                          group.

                                          File : /ES_Motor_Gen_2014_02.wmv
                                          Uploaded by : maurevaughn@... <maurevaughn@...>
                                          Description : Photos made into video since I do not have a video cam.
                                          Electrostatic Motor driven by my 17" ES Generator.
                                          500 RPM~ for the Generator and 100 RPM~ for the Motor as shown.

                                          maurevaughn@... <maurevaughn@...>