Best comb positions? Best corona ring location?

  • hearcolor2
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2012
      Hi, Thanks for the forum!

      Trying to decide best location for the combs, I read on the top right where the belt and the roller come together.. Is that the same for the bottom roller?

      Using a gazing ball plan to add a corona ring like some of you... Any suggest on the best location? Seems to me the best place for the ring would be just inside the sphere opening..of course that may be difficult, otherwise directly center or on the outside?
    • GlenR
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2012
        In the "Files" section, there is an index of the first 600 posts on this forum. You may find some interesting reading through that.

        The index is in a folder named "Index" imagine that!

        I looked for "Corona rings" Are those by chance "Equipotential Rings"?

        I saw about 15 references to them, there.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2012
          I didn't see anywhere the best location on the bottom was mentioned, I have a commercial unit that has the top comb where the belt and roller come together but the bottom its on the opposite side. It also uses acrylic bottom roller and top nylon, not sure if that changes anything.

          Equipotential Rings, no, a couple of you silver soldered a copper ring to the hole in a stainless steel gazing ball, I plan to try just a hole with no ring, but any suggestion on a ring location was what I was after.. I think one of you added it to the bottom, another added to the center of the hole.