Van de graaf new design using magnets

  • Martino
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2011
      Hi Everyone,I had been entertaining the idea of using magnets as the top roller.The reason was a discovery last year in which I used neodymium magnets N45.Using 4 of them I used a brass axle through the magnets and it produced amazing sparks far beyond my expectations.However recently I had improved the design using a steel roller and bearings purchased from an online vendor. Al thought the belt drive system worked well it produced no sparks!.I surmised the reason was the brass tube i used produced the necessary ions and transferred this energy to the rotating Magnets.I will work on a new and improvise unit with a brass tube for the shaft.One thing to note it does make a loud annoying sound do to the shaft rubbing on it self. Perhaps some nylon spacers to keep the magnet centered on the shaft.Also try using a microwave glass.The glass is located inside the microwave turntable.Place the glass unpside down on top of the metal ball.It will produce very powerful sparks.This project is apart of projectairsweep.The project is to use various fields including Van De Graaf's tesla coils, and high voltage dc generators for antigravity purposes.
    • mebikerider
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2011
        I've never heard of magnetism having anything to do with Van de Graaf operation; I suppose they'd slightly alter the paths of mobile charges but I can't think of any effect beyond that.

        However, it sounds like the other properties of the magnet material, like its triboelectric and insulating properties, may be working very well for the generator.

        As far as antigravity goes, I'll have to plead ignorance, but if you make any progress in that area, I'd be happy to learn about it!