1st VG gen

  • hask
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2008
      Hello everybody,I have been fallowing the Vandegraff gen. topic and
      would like to share what I built.
      My first VG is 80cm(24")high with a 16cm(6")x19cm(7")collector sphere
      and a 5cm(2") rubber belt,witch gave me an unexpected 7" spark,and as
      I was playing with the sparks,I surprisingly fried a transistor in my new
      LCD TV that my kids were playing on,the TV was about7'away from the VG
      gen.
      It was very funny.
      P.S. changed the transistor,now the TV is fine.