hi my vdg is working

  • umang randeria
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
      hello everyone
      hey my vdg is finally working.
      thanks to the expert guidance of all at this group that my vdg is
      possible.
      well i had problems initially.t
      he configuration that i have used is ;
      for lower roller polypropylene
      for upper roller nylon66
      for the belt rubber webbing used for medical purposes
      roller dimensions ar 3"in length and 2"in dia
      motor 1 phase 1/3 hp induction motor 1440rpm
      well when i first tried to run vdg on flat rollers the belt used to
      slip away from rollers so we were totally demoralised at that time.
      we initially decided to use rubber webbing but it slipped.
      we then tried a cloth belt but unfortunately the tailor made it too
      thick for the motor to run .
      then we made a crown on rollers.by this way the belt did'nt slip
      now the vdg is giving approx 50 kv,
      yet i will try to measure it today more accurately
      i will try to post the photos if i can

      and again thank you evry one
    • ben_englund
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
        Sounds great, how big of sparks are you throwin?

        Ben

        --- In VanDeGraaffGenerator@yahoogroups.com, "umang randeria"