mauritzon

  • Elmer Wiersma
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi all

      Just came of the phone with mauritzon and they say that the vinyl coated fabrics and vinyl laminated fabrics they sell are actually PVC (polyvinylchloride) and not the true (non polymer) vinyl stuff. Well now lets hope the bisonyl performes as great as I hope it will now it is almost the same as dicks stuff.

      another question

      If I want to make some guide rollers for the upgoing belt to stop it touching the downgoing part and of course the other way around what material should I use, I'm thinking of something like pvc electrical pipes. does anybody have suggestions.

      Elmer
    • Richard R. Linder
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        Elmer:

        Don't do it. You will compromise the efficiency of charge transfer up and down the belt. The rollers should be crowned (slightly with a no stretch material) and the belt tension such as to prevent the sides from touching. As I said before I had to switch to roller bearings due to sleeve bearings heating up but, that did the trick. If increasing the tension does not work I would suspect the roller diameter is too small with respenct to the distance between the lower and upper roller.

        I have a PVC belt?????  Very intereting since my upper roller is also allegedly PVC  (hardware store pipe coupling)!!
        Go figure!!  (my favorite VDG saying)

        DIck