howdy

  • Jean Feilmoser
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
      Greetings Visitacion Valley folks,
        My name is Jean, and I just moved over the hill from the Excelsior to 'sunnier' Visitacion Valley!! I'm in a little cottage on Raymond behind another house.....Both Edie & I think it's an earthquake shack! (Hope so).
         Anyway, I'm trying to get things organized....and I need a little help putting a couple of those white laminate cabinets together you get from Target. Anyone have a little time today before 5pm, tomorrow before 11am, Thurs. before noon (or later even.....will change my plans)? There's a beer in it for you, or glass of vino, or tea......and my eternal gratitude.
         Question too....are there possums in da hood? or would racoons also clamor down a peach tree limb and nibble at the fruit?  I heard SOMETHING scurry across my roof last nite!

      Cheers,

      Jean Feilmoser
      415/657-3411
      "Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. "
      Robert Frost
    • molly hassler
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
        yes there are possums in vis valley, but don't worry, they ALL live in my house.
        Welcome to the neighborhood!
        Molly Hassler

        To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008

          and Racoons.  Welcome to sunny Vis Valley.

          I'm awful at assembly but if there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

          To: Valley_Eye@yahoogro ups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
            Thanks.....:-) j

            To: Valley_Eye@yahoogro ups.com
            From: gypsyj@...
            Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:22:30 -0700

[...]

            Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
            Checked by AVG.
          • Maryanne Razzo
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
              Hi there Jean,

              Since the San Bruno Mountain fire, all sorts of critters have
              migrated down into the Guadalupe Canyon watershed. Of course, there
              have always been raccoons, skunks, rats, gophers and oppossums in the
              neighborhood, but I've heard that a small mountain lion was spotted
              not far from Brisbane. The other day as I was walking down Brussels
              Street, a young skunk (very pretty, too) was wandering around the
              streets - in the middle of the day. Construction and development is
              going to scare them out of their homes, as well. So, as the area
              becomes more built out, our animal neighbors will be on the lookout
              for other suitable places to live - like your backyard.

              Welcome to Visitacion Valley.

              Maryanne

              --- In Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Feilmoser" <gypsyj@...>
              wrote:

              > Greetings Visitacion Valley folks,
              > My name is Jean, and I just moved over the hill from the
              Excelsior to 'sunnier' Visitacion Valley!! I'm in a little cottage on
              Raymond behind another house.....Both Edie & I think it's an
              earthquake shack! (Hope so).
              > Anyway, I'm trying to get things organized....and I need a
              little help putting a couple of those white laminate cabinets
              together you get from Target. Anyone have a little time today before
              5pm, tomorrow before 11am, Thurs. before noon (or later even.....will
              change my plans)? There's a beer in it for you, or glass of vino, or
              tea......and my eternal gratitude.
              > Question too....are there possums in da hood? or would racoons
              also clamor down a peach tree limb and nibble at the fruit? I heard
              SOMETHING scurry across my roof last nite!

              > Cheers,
              >
              > Jean Feilmoser
              > 415/657-3411
              > "Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled
              by, and that made all the difference. "
              > Robert Frost

            • tara hui
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
                We had a family of possums until Daisy forcibly displaced them by killing two of their young - I see they moved to Molly's.

                I'm good at assembling stuff, been doing it since college - IKEA the quintessential dorm room furniture. Putting these babies together might be the only thing I learned from college that's still useful. Am hereby advertising my services for anyone, in exchange for their volunteering at the Little Vis. Garden for a day or two or more? ;)

                Welcome Jean!

                Tara

                --
                In 1941, Edward Dowling, editor and priest, commented: "The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it."

                --

                To: valley_eye@yahoogroups.com
                From: mollyhassler@...
                Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:32:50 -0700

                To: Valley_Eye@yahoogro ups.com
                From: gypsyj@...
                Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:22:30 -0700

[...]

                Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!
              • Jean Feilmoser
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
                  Thanks so much Tara....I'm not much of a gardner....but who knows, eh? Never really had a garden to play w/.  R U available tomorrow morning from 9:30-10:30ish?  If so, let me know.  Or Thurs. morning?

                  Is there not a way we can respond to just the person who is writing to us so replies don't have to go to the entire group?  I'm on other groups that allow you to do that.  I can't see your full email address in your message, and tried to just copy & paste your name, didn't work. And I'm sure I'm just being technically dumb, but hey, I tried.

                  Gotta run, thanks, Jean

                  From: mollyhassler@ hotmail.com
                  Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:32:50 -0700

                  To: Valley_Eye@yahoogro ups.com

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
                    Jean,

                    Double-click on Tara's name below and it will open a new message for your with her address in the address line.  I'm sure it'll work.

                    Good luck.

                    Maryanne

                    From: mollyhassler@ hotmail.com
                    Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:32:50 -0700