Job announcements from VVCC, 50 Raymond, JK

  • Julie Kavanagh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2008
      Visitacion Valley Community Center is now accepting applications for two positions:

      An ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT is needed for the Visitacion Valley Community Response Network; a collaborative neighborhood-based organization formed to address violence through wrap-around services, including Crisis Response, Case Management, and Outreach.
      ·The Administrative Assistant will support the Coordinator and the Fiscal Agency with management and day to day operations related duties including clerical support, data management, general office work, logistical and clerical support for meetings, and occasional filling in for facilitators.
      ·           We require a minimum of 3 years experience as an Office Manager with basic bookkeeping experience, excellent computer skills and familiarity with data collection systems.  The candidate must have a valid California Driver's license and a properly insured vehicle for use on the job. Access to transportation is preferred.
      ·           We prefer a person who is familiar with the Visitacion Valley community, and has experience working in the nonprofit or public agency sector.  We would love to find a flexible, self-starting, problem-solving people person who is dedicated to community service.
           The salary will be commensurate with experience.  We provide a good benefit package, including full Health Insurance plan, Life Insurance, vacation, holidays, etc.  For full job description, email resume to jkm227@... or mail to Attn:  CRN Hiring Committee, c/o VVCC, 50 Raymond Ave. , 2nd floor, San Francisco, CA 94134, Attn:  JK
      Deadline for application is July 21, 2008.
      A new FINANCE DIRECTOR/CFO is needed for Visitacion Valley Community Center .  As part of the Executive Team, the CFO will be responsible for the fiscal operations of our nonprofit organization, and will report directly to the Executive Director of the Corporation.
      ·           A minimum of three (3) years work experience in a comparable position.
      ·           Experience in Governmental Accounting and Fund Accounting.
      ·           Knowledge and understanding of grant applications/proposals and grant award budgets.
      ·           Experience in analyzing computer reports and monitoring grant budgets.
      ·           Must have a valid California Driver's license and a properly insured vehicle for use on the job.
      ·           Experience working with, and ability to relate to persons from diverse cultures and low-income families.
      ·           Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
      ·           Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
      ·           Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
      ·           Ability to work with varied mathematical concepts.
      ·           Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical and complex situations.
      ·           Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
      ·           Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
      ·           Ability to work well with others and to work under pressure when required to meet program deadlines.
      ·           We prefer spoken and written fluency in both English and a second language, such as Chinese, Tagalog, Samoan, Vietnamese or , Spanish.
      The salary will be commensurate with experience.  We provide a good benefit package, including full Health Insurance plan, Life Insurance, vacation, holidays, etc.  Please email resume to jkm227@... or mail to Attn:  Executive Director: VVCC, 50 Raymond Ave. , 2nd floor, San Francisco , CA 94134
      Deadline for application is July 23, 2008, although position will remain open until filled.