Visitacion Valley Elementary School Garden Workdays!

  • tara hui
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 12:19 AM
      Thanks to Davin and the Ecology Center of San Francisco, we are going to get a lot of urbanite dropped off by DPW tomorrow 7/1 morning. Please call if you can come by and help 415/216-7109  (Tara)

      Two workdays coming up -

      This Wednesday 7/2 - we'll be at the Vis. Valley Garden from 9:30 to 3 in the afternoon! Enter from the Family School on Leland; you'll see orange cones on the sidewalk.

      We'll be planting some veggie starts and using the urbanite to build raise beds, tree rings and herb spiral!

      Two weeks from now Thursday 7/17 - Tree planting! Time TBD
      The most exciting thing we've been looking forward to for months! Now we have even more fruit trees donated so all together, we'll be planting 10 trees!

      Hope to see you there! =)

      Tara

      --
      If you drew a line on a building three stories high to represent the distance between the lowest and the highest family income, the average (median) income sits at only 10.5 inches off the ground and half the nation is clumped below that - Steven Rose, Social stratification in the United States (1992)

      --

      The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out!