Re: [Valley_Eye] FYI --- Robbery at Candlestick Park Point

  • rmorine@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 26 10:37 AM
      The Bayview Police Station sends out regular updates. Send an email requesting to be added to the list to

      Anyone have the contact info for the Ingelside Police Updates??

    • Maryanne Razzo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 26 11:31 AM
        Russel,

        I'm subscribed to the Yahoo groups Ingleside Station newsletter.
        Send a note to Denis.O'Leary@... and he should be able to tell
        you how to subscribe. I hate reading crime reports, but they are
        very enlightening and it helps me to keep an eye out while traveling
        in certain parts of the district.

        Maryanne

        --- In Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com, rmorine@... wrote:

        > The Bayview Police Station sends out regular updates. Send an
        email
        > requesting to be added to the list to
        >
        > _john.loftus@..._ (mailto:john.loftus@...) or
        > _SFPD_Bayview_Station@..._ (mailto:SFPD_Bayview_Station@...)
        >

        > Anyone have the contact info for the Ingelside Police Updates??

        > fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?
        ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

      • Edith Epps
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 26 11:40 AM
          Well to be fair to all districts we should subscribe to all City crime reports...just because one incident happens at anyone place doesn't make it an "untravelable" area.  I've been out to Candlestick Point walking my dogs for years and enjoying the shoreline but don't feel it's a "high" crime area. I'm sure people in McLaren Park feels the same way.  Let's pull up the Marina Greens or Crissy Field and see what's been happening there too.  No matter where you're at you have to be on guard and even then bad things happen...most of the time to good people!   Onward and Upwards....

          Send a note to Denis.O'Leary@ sfgov.org and he should be able to tell
          you how to subscribe. I hate reading crime reports, but they are
          very enlightening and it helps me to keep an eye out while traveling
          in certain parts of the district.

          Maryanne

          --- In Valley_Eye@yahoogro ups.com, rmorine@... wrote:

          > The Bayview Police Station sends out regular updates. Send an
          email
          > requesting to be added to the list to
          >
          > _john.loftus@ ..._ (mailto:john. loftus@.. .) or
          > _SFPD_Bayview_ Station@. .._ (mailto:SFPD_ Bayview_Station@ ...)
          >

          > Anyone have the contact info for the Ingelside Police Updates??

          > ************ **Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
          > fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos. aol.com/used?
          ncid=aolaut00050000 000007)

        • blancett reynolds
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 26 11:54 AM
            Very good point!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 26 12:54 PM
              Ladies,

              I believe that you may be overreacting to my comment. Since I mostly spend time - live
              my life and work - in this area, I would like to know what is going on around me. I'm not
              in any way implicating solely our neighborhood, because I read the newspaper and I know
              that bad things happen everywhere.

              However, in fact, contrary to what you state, this part of town along the southeastern
              corridor still does have a proportionately higher crime rate than the rest of San Francisco,
              statistically. It's a fact. But, I have the belief that if there are enough folks who are
              interested in forming a proactive stance for a stronger community, positive outcomes are
              possible.

              Maryanne

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 26 1:02 PM
                Just was responding to the "certain parts of the district" comment, not in a mean spirited way just a "knee jerk" reaction when we hear of a crime and than feel we can't drive or walk in that area.  Soon we'll be red-lining our whole world...Peace to All!  e