Signs on Trash Recepticles

  • Robert Lehman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
      A valley resident recently commented that the signs warning of fines,
      that are found of on one side of the recepticle, should be place on
      the sidewalk side as well.

      It seems that there is more awareness of the dumping along the street
      and I don't think we should let up on the dumpers. If more signs
      will help I think we should request them.

      Do you have any input?
    • Edith Epps

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
          We can request that signs be put up all over the valley and put on
          every trash receptacle and on electric poles.

          Crezia Tano
          V V B O O M :: Program Manager
          1099 Sunnydale Avenue, Ste. 312
          San Francisco, CA 94134
          O :: 415.587.7896 ext 104
          F :: 415.585.2848

        • ctano@vvboom.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
            Did the barricades ever get moved?

            Quoting Robert Lehman <rlpb@...>:

            > A valley resident recently commented that the signs warning of fines,
            > that are found of on one side of the recepticle, should be place on
            > the sidewalk side as well.
            >
            > It seems that there is more awareness of the dumping along the street
            > and I don't think we should let up on the dumpers. If more signs
            > will help I think we should request them.
            >
            > Do you have any input?

          • Robert L. Lehman
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006

              Last week when I went through the area I noticed that they were no longer blocking the crosswalks in the intersections that I observed.  They were moved onto the tracks when they weren’t blocking the tracks.

              Robert Lehman

              415-902-1122

              > A valley resident recently commented that the signs warning of fines,
              > that are found of on one side of the recepticle, should be place on
              > the sidewalk side as well.
              >
              > It seems that there is more awareness of the dumping along the street
              > and I don't think we should let up on the dumpers. If more signs
              > will help I think we should request them.
              >
              > Do you have any input?

            • Edith Epps
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
                The problems seems to be everytime they test the tracks or drive a truck onto the tracks the barricades get moved...On Bayshore at Tunnel one is right in the ADA crossing...I haven't checked the others lately...but I think we need to bring it to their attn. again and remind them that this needs to be fixed everytime they move them. Thanks for asking...ee