Traffic Calming on Hester

  • Edith Epps
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2008
      I agree with Michael (Rev. Hiller) that we need speed bumps on Hester...I live at Tunnel and Bayshore and motorists will use the sidewalk in the morning along Bayshore to get to Hester.  Hester does not have a sidewalk on the south side completely so many residents walk in the street....this posses a big problem!
      I have printed the TRAFFIC CALMING REQUEST FORM -Municipal Transportatiion Agency Planning Division provides.  I will complete it and will need 10 or more signatures to present it to the dept.
      If you would like to sign on to this request this is my agenda.....Tonight (Wed) 6pm Bayview Police Comm. Meeting 6pm
       (this has been brought to their attn. at previous meetings along with the comm'l trucks that park on Hester...but we have a new capt. so reeducation is in order!)
      Saturday 10-Noon  Travelodge Site of New Homes on Hester Tour (this could give us a chance to talk to the developer about the Hester problem as his new development only has one way of entry and exit onto Hester) ....
      Noon on Sat. Clean up at Hester/Wheeler Lot   (we have a grant to beautify this lot)
       So you might see me around with a clipboard trying to get signatures.

      Thanks Michael for bring this up!    and I love your website.....Edie