Independent Computer Sales and Repair Store rererral request

  • Grace DAnca
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25, 2014
      Hi,

      Can anyone reccommend a good local independent shop that both sells and repairs computers? We are not having a good big-box experience getting a new computer, and we are not ready to get an apple or mac,  and all the new microsoft computers  have windows 8 which is maddening. My son-in law said to look for an independent shop that could "emulate" or do a "virtual machine" with windows 7.

      Thank you.

      Grace
    • Linda McKay
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25, 2014

        The best repair shop I’ve found is on Valencia. They probably don’t sell computers, I’m not sure of that. Very small shop – very personal service – very smart guys.

        http://www.baycomputer.net/

        151 Valencia St San Francisco, CA 94103
        Hours: 9:30 - 6:30 Mon - Fri Sat 10 to 5
        Can anyone reccommend a good local independent shop that both sells and repairs computers? We are not having a good big-box experience getting a new computer, and we are not ready to get an apple or mac,  and all the new microsoft computers  have windows 8 which is maddening. My son-in law said to look for an independent shop that could "emulate" or do a "virtual machine" with windows 7.

        Thank you.

        Grace

      • Renee Robbins
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25, 2014
          I second that recommendation. My husband took a few old computers there recently and was given a very reasonable rate to save all the data to an external drive.

          Renee

          To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com; edia-pilot@...; theportola@yahoogroups.com

          Can anyone reccommend a good local independent shop that both sells and repairs computers? We are not having a good big-box experience getting a new computer, and we are not ready to get an apple or mac,  and all the new microsoft computers  have windows 8 which is maddening. My son-in law said to look for an independent shop that could "emulate" or do a "virtual machine" with windows 7.

          Thank you.

          Grace

        • annatwork505
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 26, 2014
            I've been using ACTNET on Judah (661-9000) for quite a few years and have always been happy with the result and the fair pricing. Parking can be a little tight out there but it's free!  In fact I'm going to use them to buy a new desktop in the next month. I was so unhappy with those "big box" guys and the independent "consultants" I was using that I went looking for someone small enough to care about losing a customer but big enough to have to pay rent for their space every month. Good luck.