Re: [Valley_Eye] Digest Number 143

  • VVBOOM Info
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2008
      If you are having issues with the 49ers game you can take a look at what they did for parking restrictions around Pac Bell Park/AT&T... can't keep up...Where they only have restrictions on game days.

      On 29 Jan 2008 13:36:04 -0000, <Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

      1a.
      Re: Homeless and derilict cars From: Edith Epps
      1b.
      Re: Homeless and derilict cars From: blancett reynolds
      1c.
      Re: Homeless and derilict cars From: Edith Epps
      2a.
      Neighborhood sticker From: blancett reynolds
      3a.
      shameless pitch - girl scout cookies From: Katherine Williams
      3b.
      Re: shameless pitch - girl scout cookies From: Edith Epps
      4.
      Schalge Lock Documents and video link From: Russel

      Messages

      1a.

      Re: Homeless and derilict cars

      Posted by: "Edith Epps" aheins@...   edievvhp

      Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:10 am (PST)

      I looked up on the MTA site and it's $60.00 per sticker a year and you're allowed one per registered vehicle to your addresses in the area (say Little Hollywood)...otherwise you have to move your vehicle every 2 hours and it has to be moved more than a 1/2 mile way from the previous spot (that has been my experience while working over in the Taraval area).
      So that might solve the cars parked in the driveway problem as residents who do not want to pay $60 a year will want to free up their own driveways. This could be a big issue in LH as the number of residential autos parked on the street is excessive! Actually they are dismantling that vehicle next door to you and I don't think that is legal in itself...and maybe the guy who lives in his auto on Blanken at Wheeler will have to be let back in his home...long story and a lot of police calls regarding him!
      edie Little Hollywood tunnel

      blancett reynolds <blanreyn@...> wrote:
      I love the idea of neighborhood stickers! Our next door neighbors have
      countless cars and 2 that on blocks in their driveway. Such an eyesore.
      Does anyone know if neighborhood stickers will get cars in the driveways
      ticketed?

      Blancett & Bob on Wheeler in Little Hollywood

      > 49er fans I have a special contempt for. I've even seen them peeing in peoples
      > yards. And of course they leave all manner of bottles etc.
      > I bet the niners would love it if they had to park at the stick for $25
      > instead of in front of our houses.

      Posted by: "blancett reynolds" blanreyn@...   blancettreynolds

      Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 am (PST)

      Is this the guy from the family next door to us? They had a family member
      live in a non operational car that was frequently parked in front of our
      house. He would push it to a new spot on street cleaning days. We had his
      vehicle towed a few years ago. After that we would rarely see him, and
      usually only in spring and summer, never during the winter.

      Blancett on Wheeler

      >...and maybe the guy who lives in
      > his auto on Blanken at Wheeler will have to be let back in his home...long
      > story and a lot of police calls regarding him!
      > edie Little Hollywood tunnel
      >
      > blancett reynolds <blanreyn@...> wrote:
      > I love the idea of neighborhood stickers! Our next door neighbors have
      > countless cars and 2 that on blocks in their driveway. Such an eyesore.
      > Does anyone know if neighborhood stickers will get cars in the driveways
      > ticketed?
      >
      > Blancett & Bob on Wheeler in Little Hollywood
      >

      >> 49er fans I have a special contempt for. I've even seen them peeing in
      >> peoples
      >> yards. And of course they leave all manner of bottles etc.
      >> I bet the niners would love it if they had to park at the stick for $25
      >> instead of in front of our houses.

      1c.

      Re: Homeless and derilict cars

      Posted by: "Edith Epps" aheins@...   edievvhp

      Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:15 am (PST)

      Think so...haven't been walking lately so haven't seen him either...so maybe they let him back in for the winter.. And I think there is something like 425+homes in LH but I agree I know my 100 block of Tunnel wouldn't pay...no way! That would be $180 a year just for my household...I'm still getting over the fact that I have to pay $50 a year to the City for my residential alarm system...just pay $25.00 a year for my business permit...doesn't make sense... I know that at one time within the last 10 years the issue of parking permits came up for our area but didn't go through...not sure who fought it...maybe Don Bortone
      Edie
      blancett reynolds <blanreyn@...> wrote: Is this the guy from the family next door to us? They had a family member
      live in a non operational car that was frequently parked in front of our
      house. He would push it to a new spot on street cleaning days. We had his
      vehicle towed a few years ago. After that we would rarely see him, and
      usually only in spring and summer, never during the winter.

      Blancett on Wheeler

      >...and maybe the guy who lives in
      > his auto on Blanken at Wheeler will have to be let back in his home...long
      > story and a lot of police calls regarding him!
      > edie Little Hollywood tunnel
      >
      > blancett reynolds <blanreyn@...> wrote:
      > I love the idea of neighborhood stickers! Our next door neighbors have
      > countless cars and 2 that on blocks in their driveway. Such an eyesore.
      > Does anyone know if neighborhood stickers will get cars in the driveways
      > ticketed?
      >
      > Blancett & Bob on Wheeler in Little Hollywood
      >

      >> 49er fans I have a special contempt for. I've even seen them peeing in
      >> peoples
      >> yards. And of course they leave all manner of bottles etc.
      >> I bet the niners would love it if they had to park at the stick for $25
      >> instead of in front of our houses.

      2a.

      Neighborhood sticker

      Posted by: "blancett reynolds" blanreyn@...   blancettreynolds

      Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:57 am (PST)

      Wow. I can't imagine that we would get 250 people in LH to agree to spend
      $60.00 a year on a neighborhood sticker.

      Does anyone know many households we have in LH?

      Blancett on Wheeler

      > I don't think parking permits are enforced on the weekends so stickers
      > wouldn't help on Sunday game days. Below is from the DPT web site...
      > To establish a new permit area in your neighborhood:
      > The proposed block(s) must be contiguous to each other and must contain a
      > minimum of one mile of street frontage.
      > A petition signed by at least 250 households in the proposed area must be
      > submitted to the Traffic Engineering Division (one signature per household).
      > At least fifty percent of the vehicles parked on the street in the proposed
      > area must be non-resident vehicles.
      > At least eighty percent of the legal on-street parking spaces within the
      > proposed area are occupied during the day.
      > The legislation and sign installation process takes approximately six months
      > from submittal of valid petitions for area extensions and twelve months from
      > submittal of valid petitions for new areas.
      > ...there's also a $60 per year fee to obtain your permit..
      > Russel
      >

      > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

      3a.

      shameless pitch - girl scout cookies

      Posted by: "Katherine Williams" krw_sf@...   krw_sf

      Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 am (PST)

      Hi everyone,

      Ti-Ka's taking orders for Girl scout cookies this week. If anyone is interested in ordering please let me know. Thanks in advance.

      --Katherinec 804.931.4100

      3b.

      Re: shameless pitch - girl scout cookies

      Posted by: "Edith Epps" aheins@...   edievvhp

      Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:10 pm (PST)

      If you can leave a form at Joe Leland Coffee I'd be happy to support our local Girl Scout...from a former Brownie herself! Edie

      Katherine Williams <krw_sf@...> wrote: Hi everyone,

      Ti-Ka's taking orders for Girl scout cookies this week. If anyone is interested in ordering please let me know. Thanks in advance.

      --Katherine c 804.931.4100

      4.

      Schalge Lock Documents and video link

      Posted by: "Russel" rmorine@...   r_morine

      Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:48 am (PST)

      Schlage Lock "Design for Development" document is linked below.
      This document is the design guideline for future development of the
      site. It is intended to represent the general consensus from the
      numerous community meetings. It does not dictate every detail but acts
      as a base line for future development. It's a big file with lots of
      pretty pictures. Its still a work in progress so feel free to send
      comments to Tom.Evans@... <mailto:Tom.Evans@...> or
      sarah.dennis@... <mailto:sarah.dennis@...>

      the video link is a good place to start if your new to the whole Schlage
      Lock topic..

      Russel

      Part I

      http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/planning/Citywide/Visitacion_Val\
      ley_Schlage_Lock_Design_for_Development_Pt.1.pdf

      <http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/planning/Citywide/Visitacion_Va\
      lley_Schlage_Lock_Design_for_Development_Pt.1.pdf

      Part II

      http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/planning/Citywide/Visitacion_Val\
      ley_Schlage_Lock_Design_for_Development_Pt.2.pdf

      <http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/planning/Citywide/Visitacion_Va\
      lley_Schlage_Lock_Design_for_Development_Pt.2.pdf

      Video: January 15th Planning Commission Meeting…Item 15 on the
      agenda. About 30 minutes long.

      http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=20&clip_id=4720\
      &publish_id=&event_id

      <http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=20&clip_id=472\