McLaren Park photo walk this Saturday, July 20th, 9 - 11 a.m.

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013
       Hello, fellow photowalkers!

      The next McLaren Park photo walk is this Saturday, July 20th, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

      We'll explore McLaren's University Slope at the eastern edge of the park, an area once designated to be the site of a new university for San Francisco in the early part of the last century. We'll see views of downtown and Bernal Hill, McNab lake, the Jerry Garcia Amphitheater, making our way back via the Mansell grasslands.

      Meet at 9 a.m. at the dog play area on the corner of Mansell and Shelley Drive (west side). See map herePlenty of parking is available.

      Important: if the weather continues its current foggy-morning pattern, the walk could be foggy and cold, at least at the beginning. Bring layers and windbreakers just in case.

      Bring your friends, your kids, anyone who would like to take pictures and see a side of San Francisco they never knew existed.

      Photowalkers: have you uploaded your pics to the McLaren Photowalk Flickr group?

      We've already received over 150 wonderful shots from the first three photo walks. Check them out at the McLaren Park Photowalks 2013 Flickr Group. If you're a Flickr member (it's free to join) upload your photos there. If you don't want to join Flickr, then eMail them to us directly at this address

      See you Saturday!

      Ed Brownson
      Member, Save McLaren Park (www.savemclarenpark.org)
      Member, Harvey Milk Photo Center (www.harveymilkphotocenter.org