SFSU researchers looking for participants..

  • r_morine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2013

      I got this email (see below) from a researcher studying a new SF program called Play Streets. Play Streets is like a mini version of Sunday Streets and might come to Visitacion Valley someday if there is community interest. Contact them directly if you can help them in the study. If you are interested in bringing Play Streets to Visitacion Valley, that's a separate conversation and can be taken up on a new thread...

      Russel

      My colleague, Susan Zieff and I, are researchers at San Francisco State University studing the impacts of health and active living behaviors.

      For our research, we need a comparison area and thought Visitacion Valley would be ideal to consider,  We would like to talk with adults who live in Visitacion Valley and have at least 1 child, aged 12-18. We would also talk with the child. The project includes two surveys on physical activity, one for the adult and one for the child and we would ask a few of these participants to wear an accelerometer to measure their daily activity.

      We are writing to ask if you would be able to help recruit participants from Visitacion Valley to participate in our research project. This would entail identifying about 30-50 adults/guardians who live with at least one child age 12-18 who would be interested in getting involved with our project. We would need to begin talking with Vis Valley residents on July 13. I know this is a very short turn-around, but we're hoping that you know of some people who might be interested in participating.

      Please let me know if this seems possible, or if you have another suggestion. Thanks so much for your support and assistance!
      If you would like to call me, please use my cell: 415.515.9861.

      Best regards,
      Anoshua
      --
      Anoshua Chaudhuri, Ph.D.