Saturday - Bee Farm Celebration, Honey Sale and Community Pot Luck/Cookout

  • KarenP
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2013
      After the Vis Valley tree planting with FUF on Saturday (June 22), come on over and help us celebrate National Pollinator Week and San Francisco Bee-Cause's 1–year anniversary at The Bee Farm. We'll be there 11 AM – 4 PM, and invite you to join us and see what the buzz is all about.

      Tour our site, watch the live honey bees in the observation hive and look at their natural comb building through the top bar hive viewing window, and talk bees with some of the apprentices in our 2013 Beekeeping Apprenticeship Program.

      And get some honey! Kids get a free bee sticker and honey straw. Adults get to buy some of our first-harvested Bee Farm honey for $10 per ½ lb jar (cash only).

      You can volunteer for various "to do's" for the day. If you have favorite gardening gloves, bring them. If not, we have work gloves, hand and other tools. Wear a hat/sunglasses and layered clothing as The Bee Farm site is sunny but frequently windy especially after 1 PM.

      You also can join us for a community potluck and cookout. We're striving to make it a Zero Waste event so bring your own plate, cup and eating utensils of choice. Bring a side dish or dessert to share (with serving utensil if needed), and something to throw on the grill for your and yours if you wish. We'll provide a fire in the grill, grilling tools, lemonade and good company and conversation, as well as a dish washing station.

      The Bee Farm is on San Bruno Avenue at Ordway.