Garbage Rate Increase meeting?

  • r_morine
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2013
      Some of you may already know that Recology (our neighbor the garbage company) is seeking a garbage rate increase very soon. They are still in the outreach process as mandated by local ordinance so nothing will happen until the City hearings are complete. I'm wondering if there is enough interest from the community members to request a neighborhood meeting. We can hear their rational for the rate increase and give them feedback. We can also use the meeting as an opportunity to convey any concerns we have with Recology’s operations. Depending on the response I get, I'll act accordingly. You can respond to me directly if you like rmorine@...

      Russel

      http://sfdpw.org/index.aspx?page=737
    • Edith Epps
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2013
        Mary and Tom neighbors here in LH (don't think they are on Nextdoor yet) but where at the meet & greet...she is concerned with the excessive garbage that is flying off the trucks...plastic bags especially and thinks that recology should more responsible for clean up along Tunnel/Harney near the freeway entrance and even further out when you exit Candlestick Northbound.  She said that is something she wants to bring to the LH meeting when we have one...but this might be a good chance also.

        Edie

        Some of you may already know that Recology (our neighbor the garbage company) is seeking a garbage rate increase very soon. They are still in the outreach process as mandated by local ordinance so nothing will happen until the City hearings are complete. I'm wondering if there is enough interest from the community members to request a neighborhood meeting. We can hear their rational for the rate increase and give them feedback. We can also use the meeting as an opportunity to convey any concerns we have with Recology’s operations. Depending on the response I get, I'll act accordingly. You can respond to me directly if you like rmorine@...

        Russel

        http://sfdpw.org/index.aspx?page=737
      • keithlawrencefelton
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2013
          I have a small job for a welder...it's the repair of a wrought iron garden gate at my home in Visitacion Valley. One of the gate's hinges (that was welded on) has broken. Does anyone in this group know someone who would be interested in this job?

          Thanks,

          Keith Felton