FREE bagged manure - come and get it!

  • Chris Waddling
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2013
      All,

      Last year, Quesada Gardens Initiative received way more steer manure from a donation than we could conceivably use. Each pallet contains seventy-five 1 cu-ft bags of manure. Ideally, you would come with a forklift and a truck and would take away as many pallets as you need.  But, knowing that not every San Franciscan has access to a forklift, we're also happy to open up the wrapping on pallets and you can take however many bags you need.

      The manure is located at our garden on the the corner of Palou Ave and Dunshee St.

      Landscapers, community groups and backyard gardeners welcome. No resellers please.

      These bags of manure are free to you, but a donation to Quesada Gardens Initiative is always welcome.

      Please email with a requested number of bags/pallets, and your ability to pick up this coming Saturday, April 20 3-4PM or Sunday, April 21 9-10AM.

      To learn more about the continuing work that we're been doing and to get involved at the Palou Garden site where the manure is located, please visit
      To learn more about the Quesada Gardens Initiative or to donate online, please visit
      Quesada Gardens Initiative is fiscally sponsored by the Bayview Hunters Point Foundation for Community Improvement, a registered 501(c)3