TOWNHALL SERIES ON CITY¹S BUDGET

  • Chris Waddling
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2013
      MAYOR LEE & SUPERVISORS ANNOUNCE TOWNHALL SERIES ON CITY¹S BUDGET

      Community Engagement Efforts to Engage Residents & Help Balance City Budget;
      New SFOpenBook Gives Greater Transparency in City¹s Revenue & Spending

      San Francisco, CA‹Mayor Edwin M. Lee today announced the dates for community
      engagement events to get the public more involved in the City¹s budget
      process and hear from residents about their budget priorities to build a
      balanced two-year budget for San Francisco. Mayor Lee will co-host
      District-based Budget Town Halls with members of the Board of Supervisors
      and provide other forums to hear from San Franciscans about their budget
      priorities and ideas.

      ³We are excited to hear directly from our residents about their top
      priorities on issues that matter the most to them,² said Mayor Lee. ³We must
      craft a balanced budget that keeps our City on a steady course of continued
      fiscal stability, stimulate the local economy, create good jobs, invest in
      key capital and infrastructure improvements, as well as address long term
      challenges identified in the proposed Five Year Financial Plan and ensure
      that San Franciscans can access City services they need.²

      As part of this year¹s budget process, Mayor Lee will meet with the Board of
      Supervisors, community-based organizations and advocacy groups,
      neighborhoodand business leaders, labor representatives, representatives of
      City Commissions and Department Heads to discuss budget priorities and
      innovative cost savings ideas.

      The six District Based Budget Town Halls will be spread around the City at
      various community venues. For more information and updates on this year¹s
      Budget Town Halls, go to: www.sfmayor.org/budget

      Districts 10 & 11 with Supervisors Malia Cohen & John Avalos
      Monday, April 22, 2013 (6:00 ­ 7:30 p.m.)
      Southeast Community Facility, 1800 Oakdale Avenue