Sun 4/14 Volunteer Work Party at The Bee Farm

  • KarenP
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 7:52 AM
      Come join us at The Bee Farm this Sunday, 12 Noon-4 PM, as we mix soil components and plant native perennials donated by the HANC Nursery and recently purchased from the nearby Mission Blue Nursery.

      Bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle and your favorite garden gloves. If you don't have your own garden gloves, don't worry. Thanks to our holiday honey sale, we now have men's' and women's' garden gloves and our own hand garden tools.

      The Bee Farm in on San Bruno Avenue at Ordway.

      If you cannot make this Sunday, put our Saturday April 27 work party on your calendar now. We will continue our planting work, focusing on planting annuals in our greenhouse. And that day, at 12:30 PM, Portola neighbor and custom woodworker Pat Connon will talk about making and siting native bee "nesting blocks". These blocks provide important habitat for wood and cavity nesting native bees. Pat will help us select an appropriate location and install one of his nesting blocks at The Bee Farm.