QuiltWorks Ribbon Cutting

  • r_morine
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      FYI

      Subj: Fwd: QuiltWorks Ribbon Cutting

      Big and good news I hope.  We have leased the old "Cliff's BBQ" and it will house our FABSF Fiber Arts Boutique, an entrepreneurial center and gallery.  See flyer below.  Now we will have four commercial spaces on this block, each with a designated purpose for our programs.  Now that we have taught so many low-income and senior clients how to make handcrafted items, we will teach them how to market and sell them.  We will hold monthly trunk shows and hopefully be able to be open on Fridays and Saturdays.  We will see how we grow into this new adventure......we hope you will stop by to help us celebrate QuiltWorks, working for Visitation Valley!  Check out our new website, our webmaster is a local stay at home mom from our neighborhood.
      LInda Hannawalt

      From: "QuiltWorks" info@...
      Subject: QuiltWorks Ribbon Cutting

      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.
      [Unable to display image]

      Exciting News from the QuiltWorks Collaborative

      QuiltWorks Collaborative
      Ribbon-Cutting &
      Weekend of Festivity:
       April 5-7, 2013

      Come celebrate our official launch in Visitation Valley.
      The QuiltWorks Collaborative (formerly known as the San Francisco Sewing and Quilting Collaborative), a volunteer-run nonprofit organization, is thrilled to invite you to celebrate our official opening through a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 3:00 p.m. on April 5th, followed by a weekend of trainings, facility tours and other festivities.  During the ribbon-cutting event, we will introduce our three primary programs, QuiltWorks Studio, ThriftStitch, and FABSF, and we will discuss the many ways quilters, fiber artists, volunteers, philanthropists, community members, and community and health organizations around the Bay Area can participate.

      Please join us to celebrate, connect with others, and help us fulfill our mission and bring the joys of sewing and quilting with the broader community!
      Thank you for making this possible.
      This celebratory event would not be possible without our volunteers and supporters.  Last year, you helped us to donate over 2,000 fabric hugs to local health and community organizations, teach eligible San Franciscans the craft of sewing and quilting, and help low-income fiber artists share their beautiful work with others in a way that supports their livelihood.

      On the weekend of April 5th, we will honor these achievements and take the next step forward in creating an even larger impact for those in need in our San Francisco community in 2013!

      Speaking of 2013, we've set high goals in the hopes of extending our services to the San Francisco community, and we continue to need your help.  Please help us to achieve these goals by making a donation or volunteering today! Visit our website to learn more.

      The ribbon-cutting event will be held at the QuiltWorks Studio. Located just off of Route 101 in San Francisco's Visitation Valley neighborhood. QuiltWorks Studio is easy to find with plenty of free parking and it is easily accessible by public transportation.
      About the QuiltWorks Collaborative

      Volunteer-made handcrafted items that bring joy to the lives of those in need;

      • Providing an alternative for public school teachers and students to learn quilting and sewing where budget cuts have made these programs otherwise unavailable;
      • Collaborating with other nonprofit and religious organizations to establish sewing programs that provide a unique volunteer outlet;
      • Providing low-income, unemployed, underemployed, and retired/elderly people who want to advance as fabric artists with a place to learn, market, and sell their goods to supplement their incomes; and
      • Building community by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds, ages, classes, and ethnicities to share the joys of sewing and quilting. The Collaborative operates through the QuiltWorks studio, ThriftStitch discount fabric thrift store, and FABSF boutique and gallery.
      * The QuiltWorks Collaborative is currently in the process of applying for its nonprofit tax exemption from the IRS, and in the meantime is a sponsored by its fiscal agent, Great Visions Foundation, federal tax ID number 05-058743. Your 100%  tax deductable donations are welcome. For more information, visit the QuiltWorks Collaborative website at www.quiltworks.org.  You can also connect with the QuiltWorks Collaborative on Facebook

      http://sfsqc.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=439b342beb1327fa1cbe4071e&id=967a4e6ef3&e=be6572f49d   http://sfsqc.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=439b342beb1327fa1cbe4071e&id=325e270404&e=be6572f49d    http://sfsqc.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=439b342beb1327fa1cbe4071e&id=54d4ffa3b2&e=be6572f49d

      Stay connected by visiting our website and liking us on Facebook!
      Copyright © 2013 QuiltWorks, All rights reserved.
      Our mailing address is:
      QuiltWorks
      2189 Bayshore Blvd, San Francisco, CA
      San Francisco, CA 94134

      Add us to your address book

      Sent to lkiehle@... — why did I get this?
      unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences
      QuiltWorks · 2189 Bayshore Blvd, San Francisco, CA · San Francisco, CA 94134
      http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=439b342beb1327fa1cbe4071e&afl=1