Fw: Do you know of any art projects in the Mission looking for funding

  • gypsyj@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2013

      See email below regarding a program called Neighborhood Arts Collaboration. The program funds art events in neighborhoods.

      If you know anyone please feel free direct them to Lisa.

      Thanks

      From: Lisa Hasenbalg <lhasenbalg@...>
      Date: March 21, 2013, 17:00:28 PDT
      To: Jon Ballesteros <JBallesteros@...>, Carol Perry - Executive Office <cperry@...>
      Subject: do you know of any art projects looking for funding

      I work on a committee called Neighborhood Arts Collaboration or NAC grants.  Other committee members include, Kary Schulman, a few at SFAC and others.  We fund art events or initiatives in neighborhoods and have a particular focus on Tenderloin, Central Market and Bayview among others.  This will be our third year of grants.

      1.      Are there any initiatives you know of that are baked and ready to go and fit the criteria for submission (fairly broad to be honest) that would be interested in submitting a proposal by next FRIDAY.
      2.      Best if they were in the neighborhoods listed although we may consider others.
      3.      Past grantee examples include; 24 Days of Art Central Market, fabrication and install of sidewalk plaques with historic notations throughout Tenderloin, funds to turn a space within The Costume Shop (A.C.T.’s Market street location) into low-cost rehearsal or performance space for non-profit theatres/org, season-long performances scheduled at Bay View Opera House’s Mandella Plaza.
      4.      An example that would not be considered might be a  Third Thursdays within Yerba Buena.  Neighborhood has robust infrastructure of active and able participants.

      Know you’ve been pounding the pavement and may have heard of something.

      Thank you,

      Lisa

      --
      Kieron Sinnette, Co-Founder / CEO
      ProLocal - Empowering Local Businesses: Success Through Collaboration

      t 415-830-3776  |  f 415-285-1153

      ***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
      The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any.