Fwd: Free Afro-Peruvian Dance Lessons Satureday 9AM

  • Marlene Tran
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2013

      Sent from my iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Bayview Opera House Ruth Williams Memorial Theatre" <Bayview_Opera_House_Ruth_William@...>
      Date: March 22, 2013 1:32:24 PM
      Subject:
      Free Afro-Peruvian Dance Lessons Satureday 9AM

      Free Afro-Peruvian Dance Lessons Satureday 9AM
        Bayview Opera House Ruth Williams Memorial Theatre
      This Saturday, March 23, 2013, 9-10AM
      FREE Afro-Peruvian Dance Lessons in the Plaza
      A Town Center Activation Project
      Jaranon Y Bochinche
      Jaranon Y Bochinche will be drumming for four weeks of free Saturday morning dance lessons starting March 23.

      View video

      Share on Facebook

      BAYVIEW
      CONNECT #3
      April 4th, 6-8PM

      The Bayview Opera House cordially invites you to a social gathering of Bayview residents, workers, businesses, artists, organizations - our community - with the purpose of connecting with one another and sharing current and upcoming Bayview events that need our support. It is our mission to be a focal point for arts and culture for the Bayview Hunters Point community and we want you to become engaged with us; tell us what you want to see and hear and help us be the strong cultural anchor institution the Bayview Town Center needs.

        "Refreshing and fun exercise!"
      Participant in lesson at Exploratorium on the Move

      "Best of all - it's free and open to all"
      Bayview Resident

      5-class dance/exercise series March 23, 30, April 6, 13, 9-10AM, culminating in a public performance April 20, during Earth Day BBQ on the Plaza.

      Afro-Peruvian dance provides freedom and self-expression through energetic movements - it’s great exercise and fun to boot! Come connect to Afro-Peruvian culture, and leave feeling relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated!
      With Jaranon Y Bochinche and local dance teacher Amani Manning
      .

      Bayview Connect #3
      See larger image

      These events are a part of the Town Center Activation Project sponsored by the Office of Economic and Workforce Development and supported by Supervisor Malia Cohen's Office.
      Supervisor Malia Cohen

      OTHER EVENTS AT BVOH

      Saturday, March 23, 12 - 3PM

      The Fisherman's Wharf Central Business District & Young Community Developers, Inc. Tourism & Hospitality Job Fair

      The BVOH welcomes the Fisherman's Wharf Community Benefit District and Young Community Developers, Inc, to the historic Ruth Williams Memorial Theatre for their first collaborative Tourism & Hospitality Job Fair. Come and learn about Summer employment opportunities at San Francisco's #1 tourist destination, Fisherman's Wharf!  The following San Francisco businesses are just some that have committed to attend on March 23: Aquarium of the Bay, The Bay Company, Extranomical Tours, Ghirardelli Chocolate, Holiday Inn, Ride the Ducks, Tower Tours, Wharf Central and Wharf Outdoors.

      YCD's goal is to provide as many job and networking opportunities to Bayview Hunters Point young adult residents as possible.  For more information, go to www.ycdjobs.org or contact Tiana Johnson at 415-822-3491.

      Art Proposal for Grain Silo
      Proposed art for the Pier 92 Grain Silos located on Amador Street and Islais Creek. Selected artists are Laura Haddad and Tom Drugan. They are gathering more input from the community to ensure there art makes sense for this location. The art is expected to be on display for at least 5 years.
      Southern Waterfront Advisory Committee Community Meeting
      Wednesday, March 27, 6 - 8PM

      Get an update on the Port’s Maritime activity, the Port’s partnership with the Golden Gate Audubon Society on the Pier 94 wetlands and provide input on the Pier 92 Grain Silo Public Art Project.

      More info on the public art project Images
      Future SWAC meetings

      EarthDay_girl_watering
      A young gardener waters during gardening class in the Dare 2 Dream program.
      SAVE THE DATE - MORE INFO SOON
      Saturday, April 20th, 11-3PM
      EARTH DAY BBQ on the PLAZA

      Featuring:
      • Eskender Aseged and Radio Africa & Kitchen will be grilling and offering value-priced meals to the community
      • Afro-Peruvian Dance performance
      • Music
      • Arts Activities for Kids
      • Many participating partners and there is still room to add more. Contact us if interested 415-824-0386.

      Programs at the Bayview Opera House made possible with the generous support of the San Francisco Arts Commission, The San Francisco Foundation, the Bothin Foundation, the Boris and Vera Bogart Foundation, the Charis Fund, the Morris Stulsaft Foundation, Interactive Sciences, Inc., The Nathan Cummings Foundation, the Nicholson Foundation, the Office of Economic and Workforce Development, Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Salesforce Foundation, Union Bank, California Arts Council, the Bayview Merchants Association, Supervisor Malia Cohen's Office and many other generous donors.

      SFAC_TSFF_OEWD Logo
      San Francisco Landmark #8 since 1968
      National Register of Historic Places since March 21, 2011
      4705 3RD STREET, SF
      Muni 23, 24, 44, 54, KT, ample parking available
      415-824-0386
      www.bvoh.org

      Click to view this email in a browser

      Bayview Opera House
      Ruth Williams Memorial Theatre
      4705 Third Street
      San Francisco, California 94124
      US

      Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!
    • tara hui
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2013
        Thank you Marlene, that sounds fun!

        --
        I had a second birth when my soul and my body loved one another and were married. ~Kahlil Gibran

        To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com; theportola@yahoogroups.com
        From: tranmarlene@...
        Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:43:16 -0700
        Subject: [Valley_Eye] Fwd: Free Afro-Peruvian Dance Lessons Satureday 9AM