Fw: Proposed SF Area Code changes

  • marlene tran
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2013

      Subject: Proposed SF Area Code changes
      Date: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 5:54 PM

      I voted for overlap.  That way we don't change our existing numbers and new ones get added as they happen.
      Bob

      ----
      https://ia.cpuc.ca.gov/ac415/areacode.aspx is the link to the survey

      SF is running out of numbers and the PUC is deciding what to do. the choices are either to split the city into 2 parts with 415 on the east side of the city and (new) 628 on to the west side of the city. the second choice, which is a better choice (in my opinion) is to overlay the new code over the existing one . so if you were to get a new number you would also get a new area code. but if you have an existing land line then everything would remain the same and it will not change your area code, doesn't matter where you live in the city. The PUC is asking the SF resident what do you want to happen in the next months.

      Please forward this link to all your friends in San Francisco to go to the following link to vote for overlay as soon as possible in order to keep your 415 area code unchanged for your existing phone #.