Bayview Footprints Presents: San Francisco Transportation Plan 2040

  • Chris Waddling
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2013
      Bayview Footprints Presents: San Francisco Transportation Plan 2040 Put on your thinking caps!  You are invited to participate in shaping the long-term, big-picture transportation plan for the future of San Francisco.  Many of the City's plans include significant improvements to bike, pedestrian, transit and car policies and programs in our neighborhoods, and your input is needed to ensure that the Southeast part of the city gets its fair share of over $3B in funds that are yet to be programmed for transportation improvements over the next 25 years.

      Bayview Branch, SF Public Library
      5075 3rd Street
      Wednesday, March 20, 2013
      5:45 PM to 7:45 PM (PDT)

      Just to help us know how many people plan to attend, please consider signing up at http://bayviewfootprints-sftp.eventbrite.com/

      You will have a chance to hear from staff at the San Francisco County Transportation Authority (http://sfcta.org) about the San Francisco Transportation Plan, and you will be able to give your thoughts, suggestions, and concerns over the Plans at this meeting.

      Visit http://www.sfcta.org/sites/default/files/content/Planning/SFTP2/FactSheets/SFTP_fact_sheet_en.pdf for more information.

      At a second forum next month, staff from a wide range of City and Regional agencies will come to the Bayview to discuss projects that are either in the planning stages or that are currently underway in our area.  You will have the opportunity to find out how you can shape these projects as they move forward, as they will affect our daily lives in the years to come.

      Contact Chris Waddling, 415-810-7556 or Jeffrey Betcher, 415-822-8082 for more details about either meeting.

      This event is not a San Francisco Public Library sponsored program.  Event organized by Bayview Footprints (http://bayviewfootprints.org), an online resource hub for San Francisco's Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood. The tools Footprints provides - the community calendar, community search engine and interactive maps - help you connect with the neighborhood and are part of a community building vision that emerged from the Bayview Footprints Network of Community Building Groups, a network of groups facilitated by the Quesada Gardens Initiative (http://quesadagardens.org)

    • Chris Waddling
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
        Bayview Footprints Presents: San Francisco Transportation Plan 2040 The San Francisco Transportation Plan (SFTP) is San Francisco’s transportation "Big Picture." It’s about improving transportation options in your neighborhood, for your business, and on your street—for a healthier, livelier San Francisco.

        Wednesday, March 20
        SF Public Library, Bayview Branch
        5075 Third St
        5:45 - 7:45PM

        Agenda:
        6 p.m.
        - Open House
        6:15 - Welcome, introductions, and overview presentation
        6:45 - Small group discussions:

        • What are your top transportation needs?
        • How should we prioritize available funding for operations, maintenance, programs, and projects?
        7:30 - Large group round-up

        The SFTP answers questions such as:

        * When funding becomes available, how much should we provide to:
             * Department of Public Works for street maintenance?
             * SFMTA to install traffic signal priority or install new bikeways?
             * BART or Caltrain to improve stations or service in San Francisco?
        * What innovations can the SF County Transportation Authority advance to address gaps in the transportation system?
             * should we pursue partnerships with the private sector to help manage transportation demand, or
             * should we focus on better regional-to-local connections in our transportation system?

        For more details about tomorrow night’s meeting, visit http://bayviewfootprints-sftp.eventbrite.com/  or contact:
        Chris Waddling (D10 Rep, SFCTA-CAC), 415-810-7556
        Jeffrey Betcher (Bayview Footprints), 415-822-8082

        Event Organized by Bayview Footprints
        Bayview Footprints is an online resource hub for San Francisco's Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood. The tools Footprints provides  - the community calendar, community search engine and interactive maps - help you connect with the neighborhood and are part of a community building vision that emerged from the Bayview Footprints Network of Community Building Groups, a network of groups facilitated by the Quesada Gardens Initiative <http://quesadagardens.org/>