Re: [Valley_Eye] Thanks for the Clean-Up on Leland Ave

  • Betty Parshall
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12, 2012
      A note of clarification.  I was told yesterday that Eat,Drink and Play was told by the city that businesses serving food inside, out and takeaway must keep their bins outside for customers to use.  I didn't survey other eateries on Leland, just happened to be at that spot.

      From: Edie Epps <aheins@...>
      To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 8:11 AM

      What a great job!  When I went onto Leland at 3:30 yesterday it was very noticeable that the street was cleaner!   Sorry I couldn’t participate yesterday in your cleanup but let’s keep the effort going.  Call 311 for any dumped garbage anywhere in the Valley…Peabody and Visitacion has some today. I like the idea about the anti-litter message from kids..we could start something with the local schools when they open also.  We could really start an awareness campaign.   I was returning books to the library this morning and couldn’t help but pick up a few pieces of trash knowing neighbors were cleaning yesterday…hopefully we can build on this effort.  The south side of Leland is the trashiest just due to the wind…

      Congratulations a great start!

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12, 2012
        Marlene can u pls pick.up your brooms and dust pan and gloves as.the clean up did not use then as sweeping would have been a little much for them as I heard....Also I did contact the garbage company and as I understood it is a requirement for businesses to leave bins outside.if the are selling food to go as long as the bins are clean and free of grafitti but since you indirectly mentioned it I will call again to make sure I received the correct information...