REMINDER - District 10 & 11 Supervisor Parks Bond Meeting - SATURDAY Apr 21 2-3:30PM

  • Linda Davirro
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2012
      Hi Folks!

      Tomorrow is our final opportunity to tell RPD and Supervisors Cohen & Avalos our requirement that McLaren Park gets sufficient funding in the 2012 Park Bond.

      WE NEED YOU TO SPEAK OUT at the meeting.
      Some things to consider:

      The last park bond was in 2008
      The 2010 SF City Controller Parks Report rated District 10 parks the LOWEST for the last 3 years

      The report stated "The Southeast portion of the City continues to have the lowest scoring parks"

      "For the third year in a row, the two lowest scoring districts, falling below 85 percent, are in the southeast section of the City – Districts 10 and 11. In Districts 10 and 11, 16 of the 34 parks received lower scores. Seven of the worst scoring parks (below 80%) are in District 10 and three are in District 11"

      In the current 2012 bond design
      1. Only $6.5m is planned for McLaren Park
      2. $4m is planned for Park Forestry - identification and project development is undefined -- RPD plans to identify where these projects take place post-passage
      3. $4m is planned for Trails Reconstruction- identification and project development is undefined -- RPD plans to identify where these projects take place post-passage

      Some other district parks listed for bond funding are slated to receive double-digit millions in capital funds.

      2012 PARKS BOND DISTRICTS 10 & 11 MEETING

      District 10 Supervisor Cohen and District 11 Supervisor Avalos will be at our meeting this Saturday. We are particularly concerned about the years of no capital funding for McLaren Park and our local neighborhood parks.

      When: Saturday, April 21st – 2:00pm to 3:30pm
      Where: Louis Sutter
      Playground Clubhouse – Yale St. & Wayland St. in McLaren Park

      Linda J. D'Avirro
      President, Crocker Amazon Park Advisory Board
      Friends and Advocates of Crocker Amazon and the Excelsior/F.A.C.E.
      District 11 Council
      San Francisco, California