wood boring beetles

  • anne seeman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2012
      Hi neighbors,

      Help, please! Our basement and back porch are infested with what are probably powderpost beetles. Any recommendations? We probably need an exterminator, but are looking for ways to handle this that are the least toxic to humans.
      Thanks!

      Anne Seeman
    • Cynthia Cox
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2012
        Anne -- You may want to contact this guy, Richard Fagerlund, who lives in New Mexico and writes a weekly column for the "Chronicle."  He's a strong advocate for non-toxic pest control and will recommend local companies if you ask.

        Cynthia