RE: [Valley_Eye] Vis Valley Library tour?

  • Edie Epps
    Message 1 of 9 , May 19, 2011

      Yesterday they mentioned end of July or early August as the opening day.  Can’t wait either…it’s beautiful…a lot of interior wood and a lot of windows…so natural light.

      Edie

      Message 2 of 9 , May 19, 2011
        Nice! Has the sculpture gone in yet?

        --

        "Try as I may I can not escape the sound of suffering. Perhaps as an old man I will accept suffering with insouciance. But not now; men in their prime, if they have convictions are tasked to act on them."

        -- Julian Assange, 2007 blog entry

        To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
        From: aheins@...
        Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 15:26:37 -0700

        Yesterday they mentioned end of July or early August as the opening day.  Can’t wait either…it’s beautiful…a lot of interior wood and a lot of windows…so natural light.

        Edie

        Will there be an official opening ceremony...anyone know the date?  I drove by the building yesterday -- it's an amazing piece of architecture for Visitacion Valley.  We are very lucky indeed and I look forward to using our new library in the future.

        Maryanne

        Did anyone go on the Vis Valley Library sneak peak tour on Wednesday? Would you like to share your thoughts and impressions?

        Russel

      • Linda McKay
        Message 3 of 9 , May 19, 2011
          Yes - sculpture is installed.

          To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
          From: aheins@...
          Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 15:26:37 -0700

          Message 4 of 9 , May 19, 2011
            Thanks Linda! Hope it looked fabulous :)

            --

            To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
            From: lmckay@...
            Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 19:38:18 -0700

            Yes - sculpture is installed.

            To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
            From: aheins@...
            Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 15:26:37 -0700

            Yesterday they mentioned end of July or early August as the opening day.  Can’t wait either…it’s beautiful…a lot of interior wood and a lot of windows…so natural light.

            Edie

            Will there be an official opening ceremony...anyone know the date?  I drove by the building yesterday -- it's an amazing piece of architecture for Visitacion Valley.  We are very lucky indeed and I look forward to using our new library in the future.

            Maryanne

            Did anyone go on the Vis Valley Library sneak peak tour on Wednesday? Would you like to share your thoughts and impressions?

            Russel

          • krw_sf
            Message 5 of 9 , May 23, 2011
              I posted my photos online HERE

              http://on.fb.me/iQMzol
              -katherine

              --- In Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com, tara hui <tarahui@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Linda! Hope it looked fabulous :)
              >
              > --
              > "Try as I may I can not escape
              > the sound of suffering. Perhaps as an old man I will accept suffering
              > with insouciance. But not now; men in their prime, if they have
              > convictions are tasked to act on them."-- Julian Assange, 2007 blog entry
              >

              > To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
              > From: lmckay@...
              > Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 19:38:18 -0700
              > Subject: Re: [Valley_Eye] Vis Valley Library tour?

              > Yes - sculpture is installed.

            • Maryanne Razzo
              Message 6 of 9 , May 23, 2011
                Thanks for the photos.  May I share?

                Maryanne

                Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
                > From: lmckay@...
                > Date: Thu, 19 May
                2011 19:38:18 -0700
                > Subject: Re: [Valley_Eye] Vis Valley Library
                tour?

                > Yes - sculpture is
                installed.

                Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:50
                > PM
                > Subject: RE: [Valley_Eye] Vis
                Valley
                > Library tour?
                >

                > Nice! Has the
                sculpture gone in yet?

                > --
                >
                > "Try as I may I can
                not escape the sound of suffering.
                > Perhaps as an old man I will accept
                suffering with insouciance. But not now;
                > men in their prime, if they
                have convictions are tasked to act on
                > them."
                > -- Julian Assange,
                2007 blog entry

                To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
                > From:
                > aheins@...
                > Date:
                Thu,
                > 19 May 2011 15:26:37 -0700
                > Subject: RE: [Valley_Eye] Vis
                Valley Library
                > tour?
                >

                > Yesterday they mentioned end of
                > July or
                early August as the opening day. Can't wait either…it's
                > beautiful…a lot
                of interior wood and a lot of windows…so natural
                > light.
                >

                > Edie
                >

                > From:
                Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
                [Valley_Eye] Vis Valley
                > Library tour?
                >

                > Will there be an official opening ceremony...anyone
                know
                > the date? I drove by the building yesterday -- it's an amazing
                > piece of architecture for Visitacion Valley. We are very lucky indeed
                > and I look forward to using our new library in the future.

                Maryanne

                Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
                > rmorine@...
                > Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:27

                PM
                > To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [Valley_Eye]

                Vis Valley Library tour?

                > Did anyone go on the Vis Valley
                Library sneak peak
                > tour on Wednesday? Would you like to share your
                thoughts and
                > impressions?

                Russel

              • krw_sf
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 8, 2011
                  Maryann, et al
                  yes please feel free to share the photos.
                  -katherine