Re: [Valley_Eye] Photographs of White-Tailed Kites on San Bruno Mountain

  • Judith Sandoval
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011

      On Feb 2, 2011, at 4:55 PM, Judith Sandoval wrote:

      Thank you, the birds are beautiful, Judith

      On Feb 2, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Maryanne Razzo wrote:

      My neighbor, avid bird photographer, Bruce Grosjean, has recently spent some time at the Saddle (the State Park area) on San Bruno Mountain and was delighted to discover that a pair of white-tailed kites have returned to the area, possibly to mate.  I've attached a link to the San Bruno Mountain Watch web site, where you can see some of Bruce's recent photographs of the birds.  Unfortunately, the kites are in competition with ravens and it's a situation that might cause the kites to find another area, outside of San Bruno Mountain, to build a nest.

      Enjoy.

      Maryanne