Re: [Valley_Eye] book research

  • Sasanna
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2011
      Re: [Valley_Eye] book research Anne, what an awesome idea!  I know of at least two people who’d fit the descriptions of “local senior” and/or “lived on a farm”.  My father and grandmother did not have a farm in VV, but they have lived and worked most of their life on a farm in Guangdong (Canton), China.  Our garden here in VV is kept by my mother and grandmother.  I can conduct some interviews with them, but first let’s develop some interview questions together.

      Looking forward to collaborating with everyone on this unique children’s book!

      Sasanna
      415-335-3790

      On 1/18/11 12:30 PM, "anne seeman" <sguanne@...> wrote:

      Thanks, Edie! I would love help from the History Project. Have you been able to find anyone who worked on the Greenway back when it was a Victory Garden? I remember unearthing a letter to the editor written in the 1980's, from someone who had been involved in that, but is probably no longer alive. She made an eloquent case for keeping the lots as open space, based on her experience in the gardens. Let's keep in touch - I notice you have an exciting event coming up, and I'll try to get to it.Anne