FW: presentations on Early Women Architects

  • Edie Epps
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010

      Congratulations, GIANTS and San Francisco Fans!  History in the making…started at Seals Stadium (local history note:  the flag pole from Seal Stadium still stands in the school yard of Our Lady of the Visitacion School (Sunnydale Ave.)…then onto Candlestick Park….now AT&T!  We’ve been waiting a long time for World Series Champs!

      I thought I’d forward this information from Inge Horton who will be presenting her new book…Early Women Architects of San Francisco Bay Area…Local Visitacion Valley History….one of the  Architects was Dorothy Wormser Coblentz who designed the VV Community Center (Raymond Ave.) in 1922 shown on her website mentioned below.  Also Julia Morgan is highlighted (of course) but local history for us too she designed the present St. James Presbyterian Church (Leland at Cora) in 1923.