Star Show in August

  • Katharine Pearce
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010

      Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:36:09 -0700
      From: katgado@...
      To: kwpearce@...
      Subject: SkyandTelescope.com - Homepage Observing - Dark Nights for the Perseids

      Message body

      SkyTonight.com
       * Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified.

      This is a really amazing meteor shower that can be seen every August but is supposed to be spectacular this year because the moon won't be competing

       Click the following to access the sent link:

      SkyandTelescope.com - Homepage Observing - Dark Nights for the Perseids*

       SAVE THIS linkFORWARD THIS link

      Get your EMAIL THIS Browser Button and use it to email content from any Web site. Click here for more information.

       *This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.
      http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/home/99304684.html

    • anne seeman
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
        Exciting! I really appreciate this information. Thanks, Katharine.

        Anne

      • Maryanne Razzo
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
          One of the best places to go to see the meteor shower, which takes some time to get to by car, is the Lick Observatory on Mount Hamilton.  Consider it a day trip, or even camp overnight in the campgrounds down in the canyon.  It is an unbelievable experience.  FYI.

          Maryanne

          Exciting! I really appreciate this information. Thanks, Katharine.

          Anne

        • tara hui
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
            Great tip, thanks! I'm thinking of taking a camping trip. Let me know if any of you are up for it.

            --
            "Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contribute the best that they have and all that they are." - Hafsat Abiola

            To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
            From: mvrazzo@...
            Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 10:21:45 -0700

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
              Apparently, the Perseids will be at their peak around the 14th of August, with no moon (new moon), which means a really black sky.  The Lick Observatory will have a concert that night, as well!  What a coincidence!  http://www.ucolick.org/public/music.html.  Don't know that I'll be able to make it to camping, but I'll try to enjoy the skies from the little hilltop in my backyard.

              Cheers.

              Maryanne

              To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
              From: mvrazzo@...