GOOD INFO...PASS IT ON...

  • Edie
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2007
      EMERGENCY INFO 1
      Recently heard that in a national or regional
      emergency cell channels
      get
      clogged and calls will not come in.
      At that time, leave a message on your cell saying you
      are fine and
      where you
      are.
      Also a good plan to have an out of region "call to"
      person for a better
      chance of getting through.
      I had these calling issues in both the quake and post
      9-11.

      EMERGENCY INFO 2

      We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers
      stored in its
      memory
      but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these
      numbers belong
      our closest family or friends. If we were to be
      involved in an
      accident or
      were taken ill, the people attending us would have
      our mobile phone
      but
      wouldn't know who to call.
      Hence this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign The
      concept of "ICE"
      is
      catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during
      emergency
      situations.
      As cell phones are carried by the majority of the
      population, all you
      Need
      to do is store the number of a contact person or
      persons who should be
      contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In
      Case Of>
      Emergency).
      The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that
      when he went to
      the
      scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones
      with patients,
      but
      they didn't know which number to call. He therefore
      thought that it
      would
      be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized
      name for this
      purpose.
      In an emergency situation, Emergency Service
      personnel and hospital
      Staff
      would be able to quickly contact the right person by
      simply dialing
      the
      number you have stored as "ICE." For more than one
      contact name simply
      enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will
      make a
      difference!
      Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE
      number in our Mobile
      phones today! Please forward this. It won't take too
      many "forwards"
      before
      everybody will know about this. It really could save
      your life, or put
      loved one's mind at rest. ICE will speak for you when
      you are not able
      to.
    • Betty Parshall